Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

A few suggestions:

1) You can do a kitchen island for your dining area since the area is big, kitchen island allows you to have more storage space and provide a grand look. Since you emphasis on your TV feature wall, the more you should emphasis on the dining area to match the look. Having a dining table is fine, but the feeling and look are too plain.

2) You can do a swing-out glass door for your MBR toilet, instead of swinging inward since the new hollow wall does not have new wardrobe/cabinet, this allows you to do a swing-out door to save space for your MBR toilet. You then can place the basin in the MBR toilet instead of placing it outside the toilet. Then you can focus on longer or wider built-in wardrobe. You will never know when you need more space for clothes

3) Ideally, it doesn't look nice to change the bedroom door entrance facing the dining area. I prefer the door entrance to remain where it is, so your guests cannot look into the bedroom while dining in the dining area.

Hi All!

Thank you for your suggestions! My ID/hubby and I did conceive some of the ideas suggested.

1. Dining area as masterchef-island-top. We scrap this idea as we

- we do quite a bit of entertaining so we have to have a dinng area.

- Having a fix component like an island top will mean that we wont have the flexibility to change designs.

2. swing out glass door

- Yes. The door actually gonna be a 'butterfly' door. Just that He didnt add that in the drawing. hehehe.. (i was to kanjiong to post, So I posted the latest version that I have, couldnt wait for him to finish adding some details.)

3. Bedroom 2

- Aya, May_dream1 you are right. I didn’t want to change it from the orginal position but we consulted a Feng Shui master n he said to move the door to the other end so both doors wont be facing each other. This one I cannot argue 

4. Masterbed toilet.

- Because we are putting a swing door, we cannot have the basin at its original place and there is no where else to put as our toilet is quite small. So we just want to shift the basin out and it can be a vanity top for me.

5. Balcony

- We are going to have a bar counter there! BUT... as our unit is door to door and there will be lift upgrading. There will be a new door where the balcony is, leading to the lift. We don’t know exactly where that door is (right at the corner or nearer to the living room area) so we are leaving the counter out of the picture at the moment.

IMG_3457.jpg

Congrats in finding move in unexpected places... hahaha..... where is your new home going to be? overlooking river? hmmm.... sound very nice!

i would think the master toilet to use sliding door might be even better. i think special permit is needed to move the basin to outside of toilet. as suggested by aya, remain the basin in toilet would be safer on leakages.

also agreed with aya, the door to the empty room should remain. then no need for you to hack wall and seal up existing door. wasting money for nothing.

just suggestions. :sport-smiley-004:

Wow.. such a long walk-in wardrobe! I love! :wub:

Agree with Aya, you can put the basin in the bathroom and door can swing outward. This will give you more space for storage!

The space at the living room there is a bit wasted. Maybe can have a mini "balcony".

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congats to u and your hubby

Floor area indeed big I m sure u'll enjoy the process of reno coz done by your hubby

Remem post pics to share :yamseng:

Thanks Casa :sport-smiley-018: The hacking debris will be cleared today so I will be able to post some pictures later on.

hiya! the ex-owner took gd care of the flat! still look so clean and neat!

waiting to see more pics :thumbs up:

Hello applepie *wave*.. yes, the homeowner kept the house in gd condition, plus they didnt inbuild any thing (except in kitchen) so when they move out, it was nice n clean. Think becos of the lack of inbuild items, the valuation was low! In my opinion, we got a gd deal considering that prices of house is crazy! :help:

Pictures of after hacking will be up later this evening. are you in process of renovating ur place too?

Honoured to have so many ppl view this blog :yeah:

The electrical-related phase is almost done.

The aircon uncle came, installed the aircon - 0.5 day

Electrical team came and removed all the wires - 1 day (together with aircon installation)

Electrical team to rewire the whole house - 1 day

Electricians are very efficient.. 6 workers allocated to do our unit... they finished in 1 day what other solo electricans would have needed 3-4 days to do

I. WANT. TO. MOVE. IN. SOOoooooN. :bath:

Feeling fabulous! :sport-smiley-018:

airconinstallation.jpg

rewiring1.jpg

rewiring2.jpg

rewiring3.jpg

Next phase tiling by parents-in-law and false ceiling!

Edited by MsChocobanana

Thanks mike n casa!

I will in good time :)

Once tiles in the kitchen is up, it will make it different!

Having a bit of problem with getting a long sofa, abt 3m long. Any idea where I can get it? Hubs says he will have it custom-made to his design.. but i dont wish for him to take the trouble, especially in the midst of all his projects.

Ive check commune, ikea, harvey norman, seahorse and a few others but none carry those designs that allows us have a choice to join up or place them seperately. bummer.

Thanks mike n casa!

I will in good time :)

Once tiles in the kitchen is up, it will make it different!

Having a bit of problem with getting a long sofa, abt 3m long. Any idea where I can get it? Hubs says he will have it custom-made to his design.. but i dont wish for him to take the trouble, especially in the midst of all his projects.

Ive check commune, ikea, harvey norman, seahorse and a few others but none carry those designs that allows us have a choice to join up or place them seperately. bummer.

hi.. most 3 seaters are unable to fit into hdb lifts. that's why rarely carry designs that can be joined up.. usually they r one piece.

hi there.. can take a walk at furniture mall. i seen few ones at abt 2.9m.

there's a nice one at ceilini with side storage at 2.9m as well. can take a look.

hi.. most 3 seaters are unable to fit into hdb lifts. that's why rarely carry designs that can be joined up.. usually they r one piece.

hi there.. can take a walk at furniture mall. i seen few ones at abt 2.9m.

there's a nice one at ceilini with side storage at 2.9m as well. can take a look.

thedottyness, you are right. thats what the sales person told me. Its hard to fit into the lift. but.. surely there is an option.

Applepie, thanks! I have yet to scour furniture mall.. probably will do so this coming weekend.

thedottyness, you are right. thats what the sales person told me. Its hard to fit into the lift. but.. surely there is an option.

Applepie, thanks! I have yet to scour furniture mall.. probably will do so this coming weekend.

the option is.. to carry it up all the way. lol! that's what i was told when i was looking at a 3 seater option.

thats why i settled for an L shape.. it is in 2 pieces instead of 1..

Edited by thedottyness

Maybe u can try seahorse sofa or go hommage lifestyle at Jln Peminpin they may have it over there :sport-smiley-004:

Its been almost a month since I updated this post.. I was too sick to visit the house until today and boy am I pleased. Hubby has been busy with other client's renovations and so our house's progress will be slowed down drastically.. Well, this gives me more time to hunt for the perfect sofa.

Some photos..

Level up part of the kitchen

18.jpg

Kitchen's tiles are up!

19.jpg

Common toilet showerhead

20.jpg

Leveled up our balcony

17.jpg