Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Your laminates flooring done w/o skirting??

The colour of your laminates is nice cool looking :dribble:

Post more of your reno pics to share :yamseng:

Thanks casa! I didnt notice that there wasnt skirting! hahah.. ultra blur :bangwall: I just asked hubby, he said there will be skirting and its to be up after doing the carpentry. (he was surprised that I mentioned this question to him. HAH!Thanks to u casa, he wont think im one big blurblock). In the pic there is no skirting on that wall cos we will be doing culture stones - brickwall.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I love ur electrolux hob but can't seem to find it in their website. Care to share the model and place of purchase?

Rgds,

David

Hi David,

The hob is a beauty isnt it? :)

Electrolux has a shop in IMM and i got it there. There is no model name as far as I can remember, its just known as keyhole hob. there are 2 things to note:

1. If i heard and remember correctly this hob is suitable for LPG gas only not applicable for citygas. A similar model for citygas is not available here or something. But, please check again with the sale person!

2. Due to its unique shape, you have to get a carpenter that has very good worksmanship to cut it (kitchen top) well else it will not misfit and that is really not desirable.

If there is anything else you wld like to know, feel free to ask me :thumbs up:

Happy renovating!

Edited by MsChocobanana

O so next to watchout for.....brick wall :sport-smiley-004:

Happy reno

Hahahahaha.. casa! Am I that predictable? I would totally say that if you havent said it for me! Yes! Next up, brickwall and/or carpentry! :sport-smiley-018:

Hubby has almost completed the brickwall after tolling away bits of his free time.. (Grout lines need to be done at a later stage). The result is very lovely :D:sport-smiley-018:

1-1.jpg

Having an eye for detail, he place the sockets/switch thingy nicely that fits the length of a brick.

2-1.jpg

The colour tone and texture is turning out very well!

3.jpg

The carpentry team just assembled the cabinets in the living room, kitchen as well as masterbed room within half a day! Im impressed with their efficiency.. :good: first half was to carry all the cabinets up. the amount parts was crazy!. good to have updates from hubby every 30mins! hahahah.. i think i annony max!

The doors are not up so it looks very messy. I will post more pictures when its completed.

Edited by MsChocobanana

Hi MsChocobanana's, i also looking for a contractor/ID. How is ur contractor/ID so far? Can recommend? Many thx :)

Her contractor/ID is her hubby. Of course the best ever lah.

Her contractor/ID is her hubby. Of course the best ever lah.

Hahahhaha.. May_dream, u r very cute la! ! Hello Jerryhandra, I agree with may_dream. My contractor is the best! Heheheehaha.. Ok ok, ill be objective. I shall analyze below.

As a wife, I think his design is fabulous, he considers what I need and want and do it by working it within our budget. However I feel his work is slightly slower as he gives priority to all his 4 clients' project. He will work on ours only after his is done with them. Eg electrician to work on their hses, once done, they can then come over to work on ours.

As a client, I wld feel that his design is refreshing and e listens, he wld incorporate Your needs, wants and lifestyle into design and space planning (they r 2 diff things). He keeps within budget, spend alot of time at ur site daily to make sure everyting is in place (and can give updates very frequently).

So I highly recommend him to u (since u r not his wife, u won't have any issues at all!) plus i always make sure he does a good job else i lose face! haha.. But seriously, if Need his contact, PM me ok! His website is under construction, will be into in 2 mths

Finally its the weekend, I woke up bright and early today (at 9.30am) to head over to our new house. My parents were so exicted to see it too. The last time they came was pre-reno and I bet they are in for a surprise. Hubs will meet us there to ans any queries my parents have. Eg, where to store the luggages, where to keep all her shoes (at the same time will ask him to ask him to throw my shoes away cos I dont need so many for just one pair of feet). *sigh, parents*.

When we walked in, the brick has set and the colour is nicer then i remembered it to be! Dad very happy! Mum says house look warm and cosy BUT (always have a but behind one! :furious: ) duno will be too dark when cloudy or not, duno too bright if too sunny.. i wana :bangwall: I will remember to put binds up before they next come over! Pls remind me!

so here are some pictures..

6.jpg

My shoe cabinet! I think this one just nice to keep my shoes.. I like the texture and colour.. feel so homely. This one extended into the kitchen as one. The fridge is to be pushed back into once the electrical and wall panel is done. Of cos not going to look like this *faint*

12-1.jpg

when opened up! :) I like the way hubs hide the ugly box.

13-2.jpg

The storage space extending into the kitchen. Its to store my pans. The pull out thing is for me to puy my combination microwave oven and rice cooker. ALl the drawers and doors have the anti-slam thingy. Soo... i can kick it close n no one will know!! :bleah:

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

The stainless steel kitchen top is not done yet. Once done I can put my lovely hob over. oh yes, and the sink in, then more or less the kitchen will be done. Have to shop for the washing machine later!

Edited by MsChocobanana

O very nice

post more pics to share

Me can't wait to c your kitchen cabinet :jawdrop:

:yamseng:

Thanks Casa! :yamseng:

More updates.. its monday morning and I cant find any motivation to do anything.. cant eat, cant work, cant walk to the printer.. ALl i can do is to think of my house and when to move in! *bleah*

So.. managed to get the SD card working again.. Thank you card for your kind cooperation

Here is my "Tv wall".. errrmmm.. is this what you call it? I ask hubs but he say since its easier for me to refer it to "TV wall" then "TV wall" it shall be.. Feels like he is patronising me :dunno:

I'm inspecting it to see if it pass my high standard.. its a bit dusty but otherwise worksmanship looks good!

10.jpg

So obvioiusly the doors are not up yet.. here are the giant doors to be up. Its gg to be designed like the 'concrete slabs' as shown further below.. I dont how its gg to be done but he has got to work his magic!

11-1.jpg

modernbrownsw_concretewalls.jpg

whoops.. last min meeting! got to drag myself to the meeting room.. :~ hope you guys like what you see here..