Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What a big tv wall that is! I guess must be books and DVD filling up all the shelves??

May_dream,

yes, its our storage area.. We hacked away the storeroom so we did more shelves. He designed it this way as it is more efficient. He knows i Hate digging out for things in the store. I will grumble so much whenever i have to shift a whole load of items just to get somehting out.. This way, i know where everything is and there is more cumbersome searching. Actually cannot really see it properly in the photos.. i think when its done up, will give u a better idea..

Wah... your house is super nice. :)

My hubby and I wanted the same flooring, initially but didnt because we are renting our place out after the renovation. It's really classic to have dark wood flooring.

Wah... your house is super nice. :)

My hubby and I wanted the same flooring, initially but didnt because we are renting our place out after the renovation. It's really classic to have dark wood flooring.

Hiya jgal! Thank uuu! Yeah, we love this look too. Hubs designed it and he had so many ideas. I choose this in the end Cos just nice that we have a lot of natural light so even with dark wooden flooring, it's not too gloomy. Plus this laminate is waterproof n doesn't get scratched (good for my dogs). Our kitchen will also be black n stainless steel look, but floor is light raw grey.

Ya, when u rent, really don't Need to do so nice. Basic can already cos I heard from my agent Fren that tendents don't really take care of the hse (unless u r lucky to get one who does). Maybe u can do this at the place u stay in. V nice to come hm to a hm u like n filled with all ur love ones! :D

May_dream,

yes, its our storage area.. We hacked away the storeroom so we did more shelves. He designed it this way as it is more efficient. He knows i Hate digging out for things in the store. I will grumble so much whenever i have to shift a whole load of items just to get somehting out.. This way, i know where everything is and there is more cumbersome searching. Actually cannot really see it properly in the photos.. i think when its done up, will give u a better idea..

i know what you mean. now, i want to search for something, i need to move bits and bits of stuff out from the store room before i can get to the things i wanted. haiz.... but my place too small to have big storage area like yours.

well done to your hubby! :yamseng:

I seem to be spamming my own blog. Hahah.. anyway, as you can see, the condition of this flat is very good. But, its not what we like, so we have discussed what we want and this is the revised floorplan.

Floorplan (after hacking some walls)

IMG_5953.jpg

We decided to change the masterbed room to bedroom 1. Because the master window overlooks the carpark while bedroom 1,2 and balcony looks towards the greenery and river.

Also, we remove the storeroom so as to link bedroom 1 to the master toilet. this will become my wardrobe!! The remaining orginal master will be his office.

The other wall we hack is the one infront of the main door and between the main door and kitchen. As our kitchen is long, and i really want to have a more open kitchen ala masterchef style, he plan it this way to make it bigger.

Floorplan in detail

IMG_5954.jpg

I will post our inspiration soon.

Any comments from our fellow forumers?

Hi MsChocobanana,

Just dropping in to say i enjoy the design of your house. Your hubby has did a great job with all the functional space planning.

I've the exact mirror image of your floorplan, lol, and i made the same decision with regards to the MBR relocation.

Looking forward to more updates from you. CHeers.

Hi MsChocobanana,

Just dropping in to say i enjoy the design of your house. Your hubby has did a great job with all the functional space planning.

I've the exact mirror image of your floorplan, lol, and i made the same decision with regards to the MBR relocation.

Looking forward to more updates from you. CHeers.

Heya getzski :) thank u thank u for enjoying our hse Reno process! Such a coincidence that u have same floor plan, could we possibly be neighbours?? My neighbour next column of the blk (cos door to door unit) just completed their Reno a mth ago. This layout is good cos the view is on the balcony side, backside is nothing but carpark. So hows ur reno coming along? Do share with Us ur Reno process k!

Heya getzski :) thank u thank u for enjoying our hse Reno process! Such a coincidence that u have same floor plan, could we possibly be neighbours?? My neighbour next column of the blk (cos door to door unit) just completed their Reno a mth ago. This layout is good cos the view is on the balcony side, backside is nothing but carpark. So hows ur reno coming along? Do share with Us ur Reno process k!

heya....unlikely to be neighbors, cos my block is only 27 years old....lol.

i am also staying at a low floor, but my nice rainforest trees in front had been cruelly chopped down for down town line mrt construction. sad....

which estate are you staying at now?

oh....btw, my initial reno was completed about seven months ago.

This is a good one, with the right dimension for the Living Room, and also the very interesting bends around the Dining and then to the Kitchen.

The placement of windows is also very good, for natural lighting.

Cheers!

heya....unlikely to be neighbors, cos my block is only 27 years old....lol.

i am also staying at a low floor, but my nice rainforest trees in front had been cruelly chopped down for down town line mrt construction. sad....

which estate are you staying at now?

oh....btw, my initial reno was completed about seven months ago.

Lauer, Hello! Thanks for the compliment! You into reno? The way you observe seems like a professional arty person.

Getzski, ya, mine is 30 yrs old so definitely cannot be neighbours. mine is in Hougang. Our first choice cos of the layout. we were looking at tampinese n pasir ris cos they have really nice layout and hubby had plans to do it up in a different way. Just too bad, despite the crazy high cov, ppl snapped it up before we had the time to consider!

So your reno was already done up? Initial phase means wat? you still have on going parts to do?

We prob have to split it up in phases too. Once reno is completed, and when hubs is done with all this other clients house that is on going, he will design the furnitures. I guess, we will be furnitureless for a short while. My xmas wish this yr is to have a complete house.. too bad he dont have renotalk acct and i suspect he dont even know wat a renotalk is, if he knows, he definitely doesnt know im here blogging...cos he dont have the time, if he have the time, means he have to start designing the furnitures.. and .. i dont have any furniture.. sooo...

Lauer, Hello! Thanks for the compliment! You into reno? The way you observe seems like a professional arty person.

Getzski, ya, mine is 30 yrs old so definitely cannot be neighbours. mine is in Hougang. Our first choice cos of the layout. we were looking at tampinese n pasir ris cos they have really nice layout and hubby had plans to do it up in a different way. Just too bad, despite the crazy high cov, ppl snapped it up before we had the time to consider!

So your reno was already done up? Initial phase means wat? you still have on going parts to do?

We prob have to split it up in phases too. Once reno is completed, and when hubs is done with all this other clients house that is on going, he will design the furnitures. I guess, we will be furnitureless for a short while. My xmas wish this yr is to have a complete house.. too bad he dont have renotalk acct and i suspect he dont even know wat a renotalk is, if he knows, he definitely doesnt know im here blogging...cos he dont have the time, if he have the time, means he have to start designing the furnitures.. and .. i dont have any furniture.. sooo...

that is actually an extrememly good plan. after a few months staying there, you will know exactly what you want in which spots. it's good you can afford this luxury of building in phases.

i did not dare to do up my living room too much, as there was speculation that HDB will wanna cut a door at my balcony due to lift upgrading, as well as the Home Improvement Programme that will be coming next week, where they will change all the pipes. so i am withholding some plans after HDB is done with their plans.

You are welcomed.

I am just an observer la.

Regarding furniture, I am sure that he already has the design in mind, but need to confirm what he visualized with the renovated areas.

Cheers!

Good morning everyone!

I just dropped by my place this morning before i head off to work and it was a nice surprise!

This is how my 'tv wall' is going to look like. The doors are huge! and very well done once again. :D Glad to have such good team of carpenters working on this. Next ,Once the effect is done, it will look like raw concrete wall with built in/flush (correct term?) 60" TV! YAY!

I'm going to appreciate the storage so much more now that I know much mush effort took to do this. The weight, height, dimensions, all have to be carefully thought out and calculated to balance the loading avoid the damaging of hinges. Because if its not calculated properly, and spoils after a while, the carpenters are not going to be responsible for this. And more importantly, if it drops off or somehing, it may hurt anyone (human or dogs) near it.

The stainless steel kitchen top is to be measured today and hope it can be up so the sink and the hob can be installed! Hubs cant do much today as well, once again, Mr Busy is having a 16 hour work day. Anyway, I dropped him a msg, asking him if he knew this forum and he knows! :o *surprised* I thought he didnt have time! And when i wanted to use this to make him guilty abt the furniture designs, he had to cut in and say there are ppl who got his contact from renotalk, thru me somemore, thats how he knew. Wah lau.. luckily he interrupted me, if not sure embarrassed big time! :bangwall: hahahaha.. *grin*

tvwall6.jpg

tvwall1.jpg

tvwall3.jpg

that is actually an extrememly good plan. after a few months staying there, you will know exactly what you want in which spots. it's good you can afford this luxury of building in phases.

i did not dare to do up my living room too much, as there was speculation that HDB will wanna cut a door at my balcony due to lift upgrading, as well as the Home Improvement Programme that will be coming next week, where they will change all the pipes. so i am withholding some plans after HDB is done with their plans.

You are welcomed.

I am just an observer la.

Regarding furniture, I am sure that he already has the design in mind, but need to confirm what he visualized with the renovated areas.

Cheers!

wah! i like the storage idea!! very creative.. looking forward to see the "finished product"

hehehe!

Getzski,

Same here! Im going to have lift upgrading n duno wat else, thats why we cant make the coffee bar at the balcony as yet. There will be another door opening at the balcony so we left the wall there painted otherwise untouch. YAY to upgrading! :thumbs up:

Lauer,

Thanks for the faith! Maybe that the 'surprise' he planned for me! Will definitely update here the very moment i know what it is about!:)

Stinz,

Thanks! u can do concealed storage too! I like this way cos neater n dont have to dump everything in store. :D Some ppl do platform, which i may consider for bedroom!