Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hurrah!! Glad to hear ur reno is coming to an end soon.. Then it'll be furnishing time... :)

Wahaha... My inspiration kitchen might turn up to be very simple but functional, i think. Been scraping one idea after the next. Cant wait for my hubby to be free from his training soon so can proceed to the long awaited reno planning... :)

Good morning!

Here is the latest update..my complete tv wall :sport-smiley-018: It looks like the entire wall is made of textured concrete but its actually concealted storage.. (i stored my big cooler in there n there is space for much more! heeheehe..

IMG_8061-small.jpg

IMG_8064-small.jpg

I on the warm light thats y it looks different here..

IMG_8072-small.jpg

Once the stainless steel backing of my kitchen is up or blinds (which ever first),the hse will look more complete.. really cant wait!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi there! I was reading this t-blog with much interest because i realized your hubby is my shop's ID! Haha. I think I met you once. I popped by the shop at around 3am and ran into you and your hubby who was at my shop inspecting the work. Super dedicated! He did my shop at the end of last yr and just recently did my added carpentry.

I used to come to this forum during the period of my previous reno for my mum's house to get ideas. Recently bought a place and was looking for inspiration on what to do when i came across your posts. Haha. Will need your hubby's help when my place TOPs and for my next shop. I have tried 3 different IDs so far and am sticking to your hubby. Hahahaha.

Thumbs up to your hubby for his attitude, dedication and workmanship!:):)

Hi there! I was reading this t-blog with much interest because i realized your hubby is my shop's ID! Haha. I think I met you once. I popped by the shop at around 3am and ran into you and your hubby who was at my shop inspecting the work. Super dedicated! He did my shop at the end of last yr and just recently did my added carpentry.

I used to come to this forum during the period of my previous reno for my mum's house to get ideas. Recently bought a place and was looking for inspiration on what to do when i came across your posts. Haha. Will need your hubby's help when my place TOPs and for my next shop. I have tried 3 different IDs so far and am sticking to your hubby. Hahahaha.

Thumbs up to your hubby for his attitude, dedication and workmanship!:):)

Hello tpe!

This is such a conincidence! yes! i think i saw you twice vaguely,once at ungodly hour at 3am and the other was when we went over to pass you something. I remember standing at the entrance of the shop in awe of the trophies and cert you have, while hubby went to chat with you and your sister about some stuff. He spoke often about you two and your doggies and a new cat! (hahah.. that he found it funny to suddenly see a cat pop out in your shop amongst the dogs. :thumbs up:

Thank you for supporting him :wub: He is really something, he give his all for each project and every single client. So it feels really good affirmation to have you keep coming back to him for your works. I can confidently say that I'm sure he will do something fabulous for your new house with the same delication, effort and reliabilty if not more! Please give constructive criticism too to help him improve.

We will be inviting you guys for our housewarming soon and he will give you more information in time to come. Hope to tag along with him this weekend to bring my doggy over to your shop (if you are available) and say hi to you in person this time :P

Hi,

Can you pm me your hubby's contact and if you can, the size of the brick wall.

I am interested to install the similar style of wall in my place.

Thanks in advance.

:)

renoblurblur

Hi renoblurblur! I just PM-ed you :yamseng:

wow! I really love the way you guys revamped the entire house. Your hubby sounds like my kind of an ideal ID but unfortunately I completed my reno last year with some problems. So we didn't really enjoyed the whole renovation process. all I thought was this industry is really out to tok people! lol. camping by to see your final products~ Have fun with your reno!

Wow!! Ur tv wall sure look industrial( is that right? I might get the term wrong). And it turns out nice.... Ppl might not know it's storage place till u tell them. Thumbs up! :good:

Now waiting for the finale....

P/S: met up with ur hubby just now. He's good and have practical suggestions...

wow! I really love the way you guys revamped the entire house. Your hubby sounds like my kind of an ideal ID but unfortunately I completed my reno last year with some problems. So we didn't really enjoyed the whole renovation process. all I thought was this industry is really out to tok people! lol. camping by to see your final products~ Have fun with your reno!

Good morning Luvalist!

Thank you for viewing my blog! Really happy that you find it nice :) Oh dear, what problems did you have last year? care to share so those people renovating can take note, and IDs viewing this blog can also take in and not committ them? This way, the ID/contrator industry will improve. I have seen some who are always pushing for sales especially at those home fair/expo (also agree that some people charge crazy price! I feel, not becos my hubby is in this line, but, they need to charge for designs n their service and managing/coordinating the project and providing quality material, on top of this, have to realise that they also need includes petrol and food n phone bill. Not that they dont do cabinet means they dont incurr any cost. so the clients should not expect them to charge the same as contractor who generally are cheaper as they are working to what you want only, no clean up, no space planning, design, quality control(BTW, some contractor is not cheap also.

BUT, the IDs should not be charging super expensive prices when upon comparing, clients will know that they are being 'vegetable heads" becos its not like their cabinets are way superior then others eg, can last for a lifetime kind.

In short, I feel that as long price is within reasonable range and the ID are good in their design/advise, responsible, responsive, professionally and most importantly, have good rapport then its good enough.

Oh no, i'm going on n on again. I said my piece, what about yours?

Wow!! Ur tv wall sure look industrial( is that right? I might get the term wrong). And it turns out nice.... Ppl might not know it's storage place till u tell them. Thumbs up! :good:

Now waiting for the finale....

P/S: met up with ur hubby just now. He's good and have practical suggestions...

Thanks Sygnur! :D Yes, people call this industrial look. I shall snap one with the TV mounted on, I think will look more complete. :D I also cannot wait to share with everyone my completed home

:sport-smiley-018: yay! Hi Renoblurblur! Wow thanks.. I didnt know he met you already! so fast.. then i ask him to hurry do up urs n sygnur. If have any constructive comments, just let him know so he can better his service, we need to constantly learn to improve. TIA!

I liked his ideas too. Hope to receive the quite soon :)

Good morning Luvalist!

Thank you for viewing my blog! Really happy that you find it nice :) Oh dear, what problems did you have last year? care to share so those people renovating can take note, and IDs viewing this blog can also take in and not committ them? This way, the ID/contrator industry will improve. I have seen some who are always pushing for sales especially at those home fair/expo (also agree that some people charge crazy price! I feel, not becos my hubby is in this line, but, they need to charge for designs n their service and managing/coordinating the project and providing quality material, on top of this, have to realise that they also need includes petrol and food n phone bill. Not that they dont do cabinet means they dont incurr any cost. so the clients should not expect them to charge the same as contractor who generally are cheaper as they are working to what you want only, no clean up, no space planning, design, quality control(BTW, some contractor is not cheap also.

BUT, the IDs should not be charging super expensive prices when upon comparing, clients will know that they are being 'vegetable heads" becos its not like their cabinets are way superior then others eg, can last for a lifetime kind.

In short, I feel that as long price is within reasonable range and the ID are good in their design/advise, responsible, responsive, professionally and most importantly, have good rapport then its good enough.

Oh no, i'm going on n on again. I said my piece, what about u

Hello! In fact I think me and my hubby are reasonable people. We are good to pay a premium because we know that we are also paying for the ID's time and design. That's why we signed up with not the cheapest quote but someone who impressed us at the designing phase. But as the renovation progressed, we faced problem like

- things not well coordinate

- most of the time ID not ard at site and leave it to the contractor to do whatever they like, in the end a lot of defects. It's like let them do first, rectify later and if possible pray that home owners never see. In fact my hubby popped by during lunch or after work, the house is empty. If workers are there, ID are not there. For e.g. Mounting of tv, ID weren't even there. He sent 1 worker down and my hubby went to site to advise + help out. Shouldn't the ID be there to at least make sure the tv is mounted at the right height?

- my backsplash and dinning bench backing weren't up by scheduled date and ID didn't even tell us why. We kicked up a fuss and his director finally told us that it was sent back for xxx reason... Perhaps your hubby can take note, just need to manage expectations - if cannot do or got delay, rem to tell upfront. I am sure we are all reasonable pple.

- things that they made me feel like we are carrot head is installing of toilet accessories. We already went to the shop they recommended for lights, curtain and toilet accessories and they definitely earned some commission from it right. They still wanna charge us for near $400 for installing things in 2 toilets. I told him we only had a handful of items but he said he couldn't waive for us and this fee i can install unlimited things i want. super faint! I cannot install only in one toilet to save this costs. We really don't have much things, and some more we paid ikea to install ikea's stuff already. So basically it's just: MBR toilet: rain shower, bidet, toilet roll holder and 2 stainless steel toilet racks; toilet 2: connect pipes to toilet, 1 bidet and 1 toilet roll holder. We already paid for plumber fee to connect the sink pipes so we ain't making plumber to come all the way down to do extra work what.

Now our house looked very half done. Just lacking in the final touches. Likeevery time I see the untidy wires hanging from my tv I upset cox usually pay ID means everything is nicely hidden one.

Sigh. Sorry to rant at your blog!! I was kinda hoping my house can go into the mag page for the concept and plant wall we installed :P and of coz work with the IDas a team to make it a cozy chix place but utimately we just wanna get over and done with..good that u enjoyed this process! Have fun!