Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

MsChoco...great photos! Love your kitchen combination.

Have you tried out the hob yet? Looks like the professional "Zi Char" stall type whereby the flame can throw up high!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

MsChoco...great photos! Love your kitchen combination.

Have you tried out the hob yet? Looks like the professional "Zi Char" stall type whereby the flame can throw up high!

hi revox88,

Thanks! haha.. just happy to finally have some updates.. yup, ive been cooking quite a fair bit. the hob has been marvelous! the burner is great, i used it for curry, stew and soup while the induction is for stir-fry. the induction brings water to a boil in 2 mins plus super easy to clean up too! r u intending to get one of it too?

hi revox88,

Thanks! haha.. just happy to finally have some updates.. yup, ive been cooking quite a fair bit. the hob has been marvelous! the burner is great, i used it for curry, stew and soup while the induction is for stir-fry. the induction brings water to a boil in 2 mins plus super easy to clean up too! r u intending to get one of it too?

I already using mine for more than six months and dun think i will change it at least 5 years down the road (fingers XX) :).

Realise you are not into the oven thing as I do not see one unless it super well hidden?

I already using mine for more than six months and dun think i will change it at least 5 years down the road (fingers XX) :).

Realise you are not into the oven thing as I do not see one unless it super well hidden?

ya i remember, i think i visited ur blog few months ago.

hobs last for a long time, i dont recall my mum or friends ever changing one unless they move house/renovate their kitchen. :) I do have an oven. its a combination oven for microwaving, grilling, baking, roasting. I've used all modes and its really good. I told my husband that i dont require one oven, although it really looked good - those electolux kind but i rather have my space for other things. and also becos the kitchen is my territory, i have a say in it :) hahah.. oh ya BTW, i dont have a hood too.. if u noticed. hehehee.. i find it unnecessary as friends/relatives who cook dont use it at all so no point getting it for the sake of getting. so far, there is no issues with fumes or smoke or smell at all.

Hi all,

its been a long time since i updated. Our dining table and sofa came in after cny and it was a mess with furnitures bits and visiting. Hubs and I finally had the time to moved our undone stuff over to where is is intended to be kept so he can do it up withwhatever free time he has. While moving, i saw that this 'unkempt' look makes a nice shot and viola! there it is! The sofa probably wont remain in this nice pristine state for long, the man is going to operate on it to suit the house. I'm begining to wonder if he have a magnetic-pull for custom-made stuff (for everything!) !

I will have the dining area up once the lights are ready (we just re-painted it to a darker colour!). Right now, we have track-lights and a big hole in the false ceiling so i didnt thought of snapping a photo of it. Perhaps I should, just for reference.

002d0c0d-7a69-4200-a3e0-6b39e531374a_zps8e284b9c.jpg

Hi all,

its been a long time since i updated. Our dining table and sofa came in after cny and it was a mess with furnitures bits and visiting. Hubs and I finally had the time to moved our undone stuff over to where is is intended to be kept so he can do it up withwhatever free time he has. While moving, i saw that this 'unkempt' look makes a nice shot and viola! there it is! The sofa probably wont remain in this nice pristine state for long, the man is going to operate on it to suit the house. I'm begining to wonder if he have a magnetic-pull for custom-made stuff (for everything!) ! :drunk:

I will have the dining area up once the lights are ready (we just re-painted it to a darker colour!). Right now, we have track-lights and a big hole in the false ceiling so i didnt thought of snapping a photo of it. Perhaps I should, just for reference.

002d0c0d-7a69-4200-a3e0-6b39e531374a_zps8e284b9c.jpg

Btw, the warm light and complementry colours makes it very cosy. I think homeowners currently renovating can consider this option in their home. :good:

Hi , I like your house reno. Can you pm me your husband contact number. Thank you very much.

Hihi Rene,

Thanks! of course, I just Pm-ed you.

Hi,

I just finish your blog and love your stainless steel kitchen !! :good:

Can I check if will it be easy scratch and can I had your hubby contact?

Thanks

Dear Wen Chiang,

Jeez, thanks! I like the ease of cleaning. It does get scratches if you drag heavy items along the surface and i feel at some point in time, there will be some. The first scratch was painful! but subsequently, it doesnt matter. Its like those restaurent/cafe kitchen where the scratches are not noticable cos its regarded as part of the top. :) I hope it helps cos its good to have a kitchen where you will feel happy cooking and Cleaning after! (I pm u my hubby contact too ok!)

:yamseng:

Edited by MsChocobanana

Ya I also like the easy cleaning and the overall feel that it bring to the kitchen.

but most of the ID i talk to discourage me from doing :( due to the scratch issue ....

Hi wen chiang,

I like the way commercial kitchen looks so I'm ok. Some friends of mine go crazy :furious: at any scratch so depends on what kind you are. Lets say that even if it is not stainless steel, there wont be visible defect right? tabletop can chip off or whatever stains or marks. For me, i like it that it looks sterile, i can soap the top after dirtying it without being afraid of water or grease being trapped at any odd corners, nor it wont turn mouldy or allow algae to grow. Ultimately, if you can weigh down the pros n cons and see where your most important/valued character falls in.

BTW, i dont have any hood, cos i find that it trap more dirts n grease then it help remove. My hubby though of a way out to suit my needs so its better to talk to ur ID or whoever planning ur house about design and materials to suit ur lifestyle.. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi, could you kindly PM your hubbdy's contact too. Thanks! :)

Hi Mschocobanana,

Can pm me your hubby's contact too? TIA...

Hi Breezy & MHB,

Thanks for dropping by my t-blog. I just Pm-ed you my hubby's contact..

Have a good reno journey! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi there! Your husband sounds like a great ID and contractor... I absolutely love your house as it is cosy rather than moody even though a lot of dark colours were used. I also love the palette of natural colours. My reno is 3 yrs away but I would like his contact for future reference, if you don't mind. Thanks a lot in advance!