Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi there! Your husband sounds like a great ID and contractor... I absolutely love your house as it is cosy rather than moody even though a lot of dark colours were used. I also love the palette of natural colours. My reno is 3 yrs away but I would like his contact for future reference, if you don't mind. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hellooooooo razzberrie!!

A big thank you for affirming that dark houses can be cosy too!! :thumbs up: I find it very homely although many think darker houses are cold and sad like a mole-home.. hahaha.. my mil says its "orh-lulu" but obviously my hubs and I dont care. I like it when friends come over and they feel so at ease such that they sit/lie on the floor without a second thought. Everything at home is of natural-colours/ textures and maybe thats why it looks cosy.

My hubby will be happy to know of your nice compliments.. speaking objectively he is a great space-planner/designer and work efficiently with other ppl's house (but not our own :furious: ) one down side to having a ID hubby is the odd things we do to the house. We spent midnight repainting dinning area just becos he thinks the orginal colour is not "feeling good" *roll eyes*

well, there is a no of hand-made assortment of furnitures which i will share soon... (one can imagine the messy state of his workplace.)

I will PM u his contact and hope he is able to assist you in 2 years time (one year or less before reno, you can start to look for IDs and ideas). :yamseng:

P.S One note, i'm not sure if its applicable to you but some ppl opt for hdb not to do their house's toilet/tiles becos they intend to have it renovated their way. So you may like to consider this option

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hallo chocobanana, wow! It's truly a great transformation. I love the end result of your house. May i know your hubby's contact? :) TIA!

Hallo chocobanana, wow! It's truly a great transformation. I love the end result of your house. May i know your hubby's contact? :) TIA!

Morning Ambung! :yamseng: Thanks! it was indeed a big transformation. it was a pity as the condition of the flat was very good but for our design, we had to do up quite a bit. I hope to share more pics soon of our new stools n such. okok,, enough talking from me, i will PM you my hubby contact now. :D

Good morning again! :sport-smiley-003:

I managed to get some pics of the stuff around the house that my hubby have been working on and bought in between my crazy schedule..

Here in this office is work in progress, his work cabinet before (right) and after (left) his itchy hands worked on it to suit our "industial" house.

B5393B52-3428-43F1-8560-6081E02EBBC2-7485-00000DF35DE6C4BB_zpsdd5af4bc.jpg

This is another stool, we have 3 altogether. 2 of which are these rusty looking legs, for my coffeebar by the balcony. I think the 'rust' are painted on.

1922E55B-3D71-4118-8DDD-5B78B372C04F-7485-00000DF36AA8B2AF_zps55d492a2.jpg

There are still quite a number of things to work on before Mr ID is happy so, more to come I guess! :yamseng:

P.S Thank you all who is interested in hubby's work! we are really appreciative of the support and that affirms his creative work and the efforts he poured in to treat each and every project, big or small a piece of his art. :rofl:

Edited by MsChocobanana

Wow awesome paint job! I love it! Your husband is very creative and hands on!

hey razzberrie! thanks :) indeed creative and hands on.. (many times he doesnt use the stuff he made so now my place is litered with home items). *lelong lelong* he is on some secret project now and hope its going to be a surprise for a lucky client. I will post up when i have any chance to probe.. hahaha..

:sport-smiley-003:

I did something sneaky yesterday. I bought a little table that i love at first sight. The colour is gorgeous, tiffany-blue and the size is just right for my Mac. was happy-trodding home..and when i reached my abode, i presented this to my hubby....n the look on his face was priceless.. the first words he said to me was "im going to distress it" .. i was :furious: of cos.. distress my pristine little blue table wasnt the first thing on my mind when I bought it.. goodness, i feel so unsafe leaving it at home now. :jawdrop:

I quickly took a picture and claim my stake at the corner of my balcony. here it is. Maybe it doesnt match the theme of the house, but its my little corner isnt it.

D67845DA-81F2-4B7B-9460-E7DBEDDA087C-2466-000004B1A0CD87A9_zps408b53c9.jpg

He is going to make it look like this

F39A6D3A-7016-48F5-8898-973D2DA156C4-2466-000004B1D74E09C6_zps51bc3b1e.jpg

A235CB4D-1303-486A-98DF-D4C02A2790F1-2466-000004B1C3B5B95D_zps51ebad11.jpg

his office cabinet 3/4 completed. (you can refer to the 'in-progress' picture a post before)

well, thats the other updates.. i think the next one would be the coffee table that he is making.. n that will keep his hands off my table for the time being.. :dribble:

Your Tiffany blue table is really gorgeous; would you mind sharing where you got it from and how much it is?

Thanks lots! Love your place and the little DIY touches by your hubby!

Your Tiffany blue table is really gorgeous; would you mind sharing where you got it from and how much it is?

Thanks lots! Love your place and the little DIY touches by your hubby!

Hi Makanology!

I got it from Ikea :) its i think abt $69. It has tiny wheels to bring ard the house too :yamseng:

Thanks for the compliments, i'll be sure to let him know :)

Edited by MsChocobanana

:sport-smiley-003:

I did something sneaky yesterday. I bought a little table that i love at first sight. The colour is gorgeous, tiffany-blue and the size is just right for my Mac. was happy-trodding home..and when i reached my abode, i presented this to my hubby....n the look on his face was priceless.. the first words he said to me was "im going to distress it" .. i was :furious: of cos.. distress my pristine little blue table wasnt the first thing on my mind when I bought it.. goodness, i feel so unsafe leaving it at home now. :jawdrop:

I quickly took a picture and claim my stake at the corner of my balcony. here it is. Maybe it doesnt match the theme of the house, but its my little corner isnt it.

D67845DA-81F2-4B7B-9460-E7DBEDDA087C-2466-000004B1A0CD87A9_zps408b53c9.jpg

He is going to make it look like this

F39A6D3A-7016-48F5-8898-973D2DA156C4-2466-000004B1D74E09C6_zps51bc3b1e.jpg

A235CB4D-1303-486A-98DF-D4C02A2790F1-2466-000004B1C3B5B95D_zps51ebad11.jpg

his office cabinet 3/4 completed. (you can refer to the 'in-progress' picture a post before)

well, thats the other updates.. i think the next one would be the coffee table that he is making.. n that will keep his hands off my table for the time being.. :dribble:

The ikea table looks lovely! Maybe I can buy to put my cream retro fan on it! The door can be removed one right? As in, can I don't attach the door to it?

How did your hubby distress the cabinet? Can share share? :)

Edited by bleucheeze

The ikea table looks lovely! Maybe I can buy to put my cream retro fan on it! The door can be removed one right? As in, can I don't attach the door to it?

How did your hubby distress the cabinet? Can share share? :)

Hi Bleucheeze, Yes, It is a charming table! the guys just dont get it. :unsure: I think door is removable, he fixed it up for me last night, so shld be able to omit the door. I not sure how he 'distress' it, he has a home workroom where he have his tools n stuff. Usually he will work on it when I'm not ard (when he has the time) so i didnt really see what he did. sry abt that.

Hi, would you mind to share the contacts of your custom-made metal gate? How much did you pay for your? Tia!

Hello Kooky! my metal gate as in the main-door? He made it for over a thousand bucks.I remember this clearly cos I was shocked about the price. it cost this much becos smthg ard some metal-grade being strong. i dont think ppl will rob us until he change the gate. oh and I dont have the contacts though. U wana ask him direct?

It is the metal gate main door which I am keen on as I can see from it that it's not of cheap quality. I know your spouse is very busy now, I will not want to bark on such trival matter. Thanks for sharing your T-blog, I can tell from the design and layout that your husband is a detailed person who is also creative.

Nice home!