Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thank you so much :) ooh and keep the photos coming! Your place is looking good!

Wow! Thanks for the affirmation. *glee* Really happy to know that there are more ppl viewing my blog than I expected (thought will be a handful only). Ya, we going through the usual process of work, marriage n buying a home, so he knows how impt to keep within the budget for clients. ( it's gd especially in this line, cos need a good reputation to survive. Many ID n carpenter's bad work attitude give ppl in this line a bad name. His mother can go on n on abt them, as she is a tiler n seen many lousy workmanship/attitude.). Shall cut my story short! Haha.. Old habit of 'talking too much'. If u need any help, queries, feel free to ask me. Im happy to be distracted from work every now and then. I will PM u his contact tmr morning cos Duno how to PM with HP.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Appreciate the contact...  i will be contacting him real soon... As soon as my hubby is free...( he's on in camp training for 6 mths and his weekends are always for R&R) :(

That soon will be some time in oct and maybe, maybe if all goes well, will want to commence after cny.. Wish me luck ya...

While waiting, im looking forward for ur reno completion.. 

Appreciate the contact...  i will be contacting him real soon... As soon as my hubby is free...( he's on in camp training for 6 mths and his weekends are always for R&R) :(

That soon will be some time in oct and maybe, maybe if all goes well, will want to commence after cny.. Wish me luck ya...

While waiting, im looking forward for ur reno completion.. 

No worries! Always happy to help. else will be very bored at work. I have already mentioned that I gave you his contact. He said he will take note.. hehee :yamseng: As long you know what you like, everything will be planned nicely and proceed smoothly. Thats what an ID is for ma. Ya, next yr will be fun for u, it will be cny then soon a new look for ur house. the first quarter of next ur will be so eventful!Plus ard cny period, always have sale on those electrical appliances/furnitures, sure have some good buys for ur home!

As for my house, i do hope to have the rest of the place done up this week. Last week, he and his team was busy working on 3 other houses so our place was on hold. so sian. :furious: Last weekend had nothing to do for the house, so tried to shop for washing machine but totally no mood, all look alike to me, if this weekend things are done up then I can go in and clean up!

MsChocobanana!!

I met up with your ID aka your hub last Friday! Indeed, he really act as what an ID should be from amongst the 3 IDs we went to.. paiseh for "stealing" him from you on a Friday night.. hehehe.. :good:

Like his creative ideas and the fact that he really try to understand what the expectations of the customers.. looking forward to his plan and quotation.. hahaha.. ;)

Edited by Stinz

MsChocobanana!!

I met up with your ID aka your hub last Friday! Indeed, he really act as what an ID should be from amongst the 3 IDs we went to.. paiseh for "stealing" him from you on a Friday night.. hehehe.. :good:

Like his creative ideas and the fact that he really try to understand what the expectations of the customers.. looking forward to his plan and quotation.. hahaha.. ;)

Hi stinz!!

Nice to hear from you! Yes, I knew about ur meeting only after you guys met. Its ok la, its his job to meet clients after office hours. I wont complaint (he also wont complaint when I go to the shelter and spend time with the dogs! :) )

Thank you for your compliments, really feels good to hear good things about him here.. haha.. maybe cos no thread on him so super excited. hahaha..

I'm very glad that you like his style. Please do not hesitate to tell him what you want or just give inputs freely. I think its a must to hvae a 2 way communication, after all an ID will be carrying out the entire renovation of the house you will be calling a home. so he finds it vital to know exactly what you want and design it such that it suits u and every member of ur family. Its not 'closing a sale' as many other forumers see it. I cannot wait to see your plans too (when u share here on renotalk, i dont ask him abt his client's hse cos i feel liike not very nice to invade the confidentiality between him n his client), im sure he have somehting very nice in mind.. plus I can assure u of his service from start to end of the project (and even after handover, if need any help, he is most willing to help! I also can help! haha..) :yamseng:

Its that phase of the renovation where the little items make a big difference. I refer to lightings! Its small and many ppl including me, do not think that it wld make a big impact.. but after meeting hubs and seeing how he works, lighting became an important aspect. Although, i still think that toilet lights, kitchen lights are not as important as say, living room, dinning room lights. haha.. also dont wan to spend so much money if possible! But i heard from him that lights is not only important to the design aspect but also, in the long run, the right light will help u save money, will make u feel comfortable, cos some lights will be very hot after a long time, some lights are too bright and may strain ur eyes. I didnt know that there were so many 'uses' to lights.. I just wanted one that looks good and complete my home and also one that doesnt use so much energy n emmit heat. If use so much energy, i rather not on and then it defeats the purpose of having one in the first place! so ma fan!

So i went to search for inspiration and let my ID know the lights i liked.. so he can make for me! whooohoo!! (if he think its ok la, if he dont like the design i also cannot do anything) I think the type of bulbs or wat he will have to decide cos i really duno..

Anyway, here are some inspirations..

IMG_7301.jpg

IMG_7302.jpg

IMG_7303.jpg

Good morning!

I had enough of cold turkey and had to peek into our house else I cannot concentrate on the coming exams! Dont understand why have to keep taking exams especially when I just joined this new co. urrgh! I was happy to finally see lights up! This means.............. that I can visit it whenever! Not restricted to daytime anymore!! :sport-smiley-004:

The entrance to the kitchen 1. with lights, 2 we can finally push the fridge in!

IMG_7548.jpg

Half of our living room with lights!

IMG_7538.jpg

MBR (still need quite a big of touch up plus the remaining 50% not done, tv feature wall, basin, vanity area).. sigh.

IMG_7532.jpg

Hubs office, he cannot decide which light to use so he had both. Champion! I hope when he says this is temporary until he decides, he means it!

IMG_7528.jpg

there are more to0 show, the bathroom (and rain shower!!), kitchen, the other side of MBR, the other side of living room where the tv wall is, the sparebedroom and the balcony. For the kitchen, the stainless steel backing is not up, so I wont bother taking it. I will take more and upload soon! :yamseng:

Our furniture wont be up so soon.. he is busy customising furnitures for clients (bunny houses/cages!) too so I guess I have to be contented with my empty, lited house. :bangwall:

Yeay!!! Ur place is taking shape slowly but surely... So far so good... 

So far i like what i see here....

Good morning!

I had enough of cold turkey and had to peek into our house else I cannot concentrate on the coming exams! Dont understand why have to keep taking exams especially when I just joined this new co. urrgh! I was happy to finally see lights up! This means.............. that I can visit it whenever! Not restricted to daytime anymore!! :sport-smiley-004:

The entrance to the kitchen 1. with lights, 2 we can finally push the fridge in!

IMG_7548.jpg

Yeay!!! Ur place is taking shape slowly but surely... So far so good... 

So far i like what i see here....

Goooooood morning Sygnur! Thank you.. .yes, the word is S.L.O.W.. sigh.. i wish it can be faster but little bit here little bit there. and I cant help at all except to clean up over the weekend.

That little bit done over last week was the painting of MBR. its complete now!! Love the unique colour and its perfect with the skirting!So now, I need to buy hangers and toilet accessories before its 100% move-in-condition.

This week, the TV installation and forgot what has been planned.

IMG_7584.jpg

Hiya jgal! Thank uuu! Yeah, we love this look too. Hubs designed it and he had so many ideas. I choose this in the end Cos just nice that we have a lot of natural light so even with dark wooden flooring, it's not too gloomy. Plus this laminate is waterproof n doesn't get scratched (good for my dogs). Our kitchen will also be black n stainless steel look, but floor is light raw grey.

Ya, when u rent, really don't Need to do so nice. Basic can already cos I heard from my agent Fren that tendents don't really take care of the hse (unless u r lucky to get one who does). Maybe u can do this at the place u stay in. V nice to come hm to a hm u like n filled with all ur love ones! :D

Hi, may I know what is yr laminate? My dog urine on floor, wil it be suitable? Thanks:)

Hi, may I know what is yr laminate? My dog urine on floor, wil it be suitable? Thanks:)

Hi there! Morning to you! I'm not sure what lamaminate is this or from which company. I think you can get the ans from my hubby ( I PM u his no ok?) . I just know that he told me its waterproof and told me not to worry about it,feels like wood looks like wood but its not going to spoil like wood. Thats y we got it, cos my dogs sometimes play with ice, spill water and once in a blue moon pee out of her toilet, so I needed one that is water-proof. Technology is really good! :sport-smiley-018:

what the model of your electrolux hoob?

looked very nice..

Thank you goheve83! I cant find the model no for this hob, the person said it called "keyhole hob" it won some design award and I have to say, it was love at first sight! I shall upload a pic of it soon!

Hi there! Morning to you! I'm not sure what lamaminate is this or from which company. I think you can get the ans from my hubby ( I PM u his no ok?) . I just know that he told me its waterproof and told me not to worry about it,feels like wood looks like wood but its not going to spoil like wood. Thats y we got it, cos my dogs sometimes play with ice, spill water and once in a blue moon pee out of her toilet, so I needed one that is water-proof. Technology is really good! :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks I got it, but just give it a miss..My dog urine on floor all the time, it's v acidic so I don't think laminate is suitable ;(