Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eekenji

Second Home ~ Tampines 5I

Hi eekenji,

Realize that you have a few deco items is from taobao, how do you manage to buy from taobao?

Just go to taobao website and choose those you want, then order from 65daigou (there are other shipping agents too) and there is some admin and delivery charges.

I saw one similar on the right light at Urban Foundary at Seah St, the price is about the same but in SG dollar. Was :jawdrop: when saw the price but was :dribble: when you said >50% cheaper from taobao

Next time would buy the lightings from taobao. I decided not change the all downlight for my new house to cut cost, only changing few bulb holder from PLC to E27.

Yeah, can save some cost of purchasing from taobao but might need to take the risk in case the lighting get damaged during the shipping.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just to sidetrack a little bit ... was busy preparing items for baby deliver, countdown time ...

1356349505-1790073450_n.jpg

Some of the baby clothes I have bought from carter sales :

1356349506-3638834330_n.jpg

EDD : 7 January (Monday)

1356349503-1479078072_n.jpg

FairyStar, bleucheeze is correct. The bar was from Ikea, the cups also : )

Thanks 1000miles, I got them from taobao online. At least 50% cheaper as compared of buying in Singapore :jawdrop:

Can share the lights is it using power point plugs or it is electricians help to install and attached to switch?

Does it needs 3 lighting points or 1 is ok?

:: ID / Contractor Selection - Let's summarize ::

* ID from Linewerkz : Discussed with them during one of the expo exhibition, total quote was 65K and missing many items. We dropped this during the first quotation.

* ID Loyd Pek from D Home : Emailed on 24 July and met up in his office on 28 July, know him from renotalk and quite like his design style but he was quite busy and will be out for a month. We didn't continue to follow-up with him as we believed that he cannot meet our tight budget.

* Contractor Alan from Aian : Emailed on 24 July and 1st met up on 4 August and 2nd met up on 4 September. He was quite popular in renotalk and many recommendations .. but my husband didn't have click with him although I quite keen to work with him. His quote was quite reasonable except the L box price.

* ID Kelvin Teo : Emailed on 24 Jul but I cancelled the meet up as I believed our budget will be too low for him to design for us .. though I quite like his works.

* ID from Summit Design : Emailed on 26 July and 1st met up on 27 July and 2nd met up on 9 August. The ID we met was quite a young and pretty lady :P . The final quotation still not able to meet our budget .. a bit higher compared to contractor - 32k without including carpentry works.

* ID from Artistroom : Emailed on 28 July and 1st met up on 1 August at their office. Was recommended from one of the t-blog owner, we didn't go further for 2nd meet up because we understand that their price was in high side and their design might not suit us. They are very "artist" and can have many special ideas.

* ID New Nyew : Saw her design in renotalk and impressed with her works. Emailed her on 28 July and meet up at her place on 2 August. During the meet up, she brought us to see other units that she has designed. Both me and my husband quite keen to work with her but overall quotation was on high side .. Too bad that we cannot work with her due to our tight budget.

* ID Jimmy from 3D Innovative : My husband was the one who emailed him on 31 July, and we met up on the same day. He was also one of the ID highly recommended in renotalk and his quotation was at good price which can meet our overall budget of 45K. His revised quotation was sent 2 days later after we confirmed with our current contractor .. else we probably will sign up with him.

* Contractor Kevin Tee : Very popular in renotalk, others called him as Mr K. Emailed him on 5 August and meet up on 14 August .. as expected, his quotation is over our budget and we didn't proceed further.

* Contractor Sky : Recommended by my friend, he helped her to do her place and was quite okay. We only contacted through email and phone, no chance to meet. Quotation is still higher than our budget.

* Carpenter Ah Tong : Recommended by my colleague. Emailed him on 5 August and meet up on 9 August National Day. Immediately confirmed him after received his quotation on few days later ... he also provided some 3d hand drawings and his price was quite reasonable as compared to IDs and contractors. We decided to engage him to do all the carpentry works for our new home.

* Contractor Ah Huat : Recommended by my colleague, he helped her to do for her mother's place. Emailed him on 18 August and 1st meet up on 16 August. We meet him again on 5 September after received his quotation. His quotation didn't breakdown into different items and most are lump sum into one amount, quite different from other quotations that we have received. And everything is written in Chinese, he was not good in paper works. Overall quotation was very close to Jimmy from 3D Innovative, which able to meet our budget of 45K including carpentry works .. and at the end we confirmed with him to be our contractor for all the demolition, masonry, plumbing and electrical works.

Some other IDs that I have considered including : Inside Living, EHKA, Fervor Design, FSI, Fuse Concept, Museum ID ... but I didn't send any emails to them, quite tired to meet so many IDs.

In summary, we shortlisted our contractor based on quotation given due to tight budget of 45K. i.e. have no opportunity to get an ID to do renovation for us. Using contractor will need ourselves to do design and on-site management, my husband almost everyday going to site. There is no guides or advices given when choosing tiles etc and we have to go by our own to shop for stuffs ... i.e. there is pros and cons of hiring contractor vs hiring ID. Will give more reviews again for our contractor Ah Huat and carpenter Ah Thong after our house is done .. to be continue.

gorgeous place! very tastefully done :) all the best for the birth of your baby!

Love your blog too! Where did you put all the Totoro figurines you bought?

Edited by HaiDeChen

Was not able to reply all the msgs until today .. just delivered on 27th morning, yesterday only discharged from hospital. Was not able to wait till 2013 :(

Attached with a picture of our baby cot, just put beside our master bed ...

Baby cot original color was wooden dark brown and husband painted it to white. My newborn baby enjoy sleeping inside ...

1356848970-4125890033_n.jpg

Love the white look of your house! This will be one of the inspirations for my new house too =)

Thanks juxstapose ...

Thanks for your prompt reply. Really love the way you do your house. Too bad you are not an ID.. If not can engage you to draw up a 3D design for my house next year.

Haha... thanks. Btw, my husband know how to draw 3D : )

Can share the lights is it using power point plugs or it is electricians help to install and attached to switch?

Does it needs 3 lighting points or 1 is ok?

Electrician helped us to install the lighting, it attached to a switch. Only 1 lighting point is ok, but must buy a track first ...

Hi, possible to PM me contacts of Alan from Aian, carpenter Ah Tong and contractor Ah Huat? Thanks so much!

You can get the contacts from the last link of my signature :rolleyes:

gorgeous place! very tastefully done :) all the best for the birth of your baby!

Love your blog too! Where did you put all the Totoro figurines you bought?

Thanks ... I already delivered last 3 days.

Oh you meant the totoro family? I actually put them on our study table inside the study room.

The totoro family was put on the table of my area, while the other side was belong to my husband ... still very messy, so have not yet to share the full pics of study room.

1356850779-584162332_n.jpg

The study room actually linked to our master bedroom, you can refer to my floor plan design then you can know where is our study room. There was a bi-fold door between master bedroom and study room ... I took this picture with iphone just now, very messy especially after the new baby come and I was in confinement period now.

1356850765-3716530835_n.jpg