Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

my house is more or less done. still have quite a few touchups needed but now it's cleaning to prepare to move in tomorrow!

toilet door installation & installation of bathroom accessories today!

some pictures to share

toilet door

221754_10151147408358078_1854562407_n.jpg

completed kitchen

525156_10151147455808078_377788145_n.jpg

completed toilet

550030_10151147450893078_75261277_n.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

dropped you a PM :)

Hi Retchlow,

Can PM me where you got your SMEG fridge too? Besides the fridge, do they also carry SMEG Hood and Hob?

Thanks. :good:

Notice you're using a black bidet....haven't been able to find one.

Do you have a close up pic of it and where did you get it?

Thks!!

Wow wow wow and CONGRATS! You are actually moving in tomorrow!

Really like your toilet door and kitchen door - we have no space for swing doors at all :(

For your toilet, is the black rail from Ikea? We have shortlisted that too :)

Love the yellow laminate! May I know which brand is this? Is it those thick glossy type?

hello! don't know the name leh..and not sure if it's thick..but it is glossy

Hi Retchlow,

Can PM me where you got your SMEG fridge too? Besides the fridge, do they also carry SMEG Hood and Hob?

Thanks. :good:

ok PM-ed

Notice you're using a black bidet....haven't been able to find one.

Do you have a close up pic of it and where did you get it?

Thks!!

Hi it's actually a grohe bidet spray. i posted a pic in one of my earlier posts. it looks nice yes BUT not practical. the pressure is not strong!

nice but useless. but i'll do with it for now. i got it from hupfarri.

Wow wow wow and CONGRATS! You are actually moving in tomorrow!

Really like your toilet door and kitchen door - we have no space for swing doors at all :(

For your toilet, is the black rail from Ikea? We have shortlisted that too :)

yah very tired but happy, like you know, FINALLY.

but there are quite alot of touchups needed & this is the most sian part i guess.

toilet door is abit translucent. haha i wonder if any of my guests will dare to use the toilet. yup, rail is from ikea :)

my reno journey has almost come to end. almost because there are quite afew touchups/rectifications to be done & hope they can be completed soon.

well, i've come a really long way to make this house happen.

i'm a divorcee, who went thru 8 months of divorce proceeding. it hasn't been a smooth journey for me. there had been loads of obstacles, in terms of division of finances, financial management for the house (housing loan), buying & selling of the house, shifting to parents' place temporarily. these went on for a year. it took a toll on me but when i finally got my keys to the house, i thought i could heave a sigh of relief. but soon i realised it was yet another beginning. from applying for reno loan, to finding a contractor/ID, to confirming one, and doing lots of homework/research to put this house together, shuttling between work, shopping places, new house & parents' place for the past 5 months. aww man! 24 hours a day just wasn't enough.

as engaging a contractor was a first for me, it was, yes, a **** of an experience. no, i'm not saying my contractor is not good but no one is perfect, and no one can be perfect. getting a contractor 'forces' me to be more hands on with my own reno, seeing that works are carried out smoothly, ensuring rectifications are made, seeing the behind the scenes, having real life experience with various sub-contractors & plenty of decisions need to be made.

there were mistakes (quite a number) made along the way, some rectified, some cannot (but not life threatening lar :bleah: )

but yes, indeed, i really learnt ALOT.

and if i ever had to move again (which i wished never) & if you were to ask me if i will still engage a contractor, i probably would. and if given a choice whether to engage the same contractor, yes i may, provided i still have a flexible work schedule :)

my reno journey has almost come to end. almost because there are quite afew touchups/rectifications to be done & hope they can be completed soon.

well, i've come a really long way to make this house happen.

i'm a divorcee, who went thru 8 months of divorce proceeding. it hasn't been a smooth journey for me. there had been loads of obstacles, in terms of division of finances, financial management for the house (housing loan), buying & selling of the house, shifting to parents' place temporarily. these went on for a year. it took a toll on me but when i finally got my keys to the house, i thought i could heave a sigh of relief. but soon i realised it was yet another beginning. from applying for reno loan, to finding a contractor/ID, to confirming one, and doing lots of homework/research to put this house together, shuttling between work, shopping places, new house & parents' place for the past 5 months. aww man! 24 hours a day just wasn't enough.

as engaging a contractor was a first for me, it was, yes, a **** of an experience. no, i'm not saying my contractor is not good but no one is perfect, and no one can be perfect. getting a contractor 'forces' me to be more hands on with my own reno, seeing that works are carried out smoothly, ensuring rectifications are made, seeing the behind the scenes, having real life experience with various sub-contractors & plenty of decisions need to be made.

there were mistakes (quite a number) made along the way, some rectified, some cannot (but not life threatening lar :bleah: )

but yes, indeed, i really learnt ALOT.

and if i ever had to move again (which i wished never) & if you were to ask me if i will still engage a contractor, i probably would. and if given a choice whether to engage the same contractor, yes i may, provided i still have a flexible work schedule :)

Pat on your back and enjoy your lovely house! :yamseng: I understand how you feel (I really feel you, Haha!) since i'm nearing the end of my renovation too! It's really **** of an experience! Haha There are times that Im on site with my toddler in tow! Rectifications aside, nothing beats going back to your own home!

Im looking forward to mine soon!

Time flies when you doing reno. I've been putting off my reno due to various reasons, but once it started it was like a train. And I agree about the part about plenty of decisions to be made, and a lot of them on the spot using pure imagination.

I remember asking me about how the tiling edges should be done. "45 degrees" or "rounded"? I was like, "huh? whats that?".

Your flat turned out beautifully too. :)

Hi! Hi!,

May I ask what countertop are you using? What made you choose that? Thanx!

my house is more or less done. still have quite a few touchups needed but now it's cleaning to prepare to move in tomorrow!

toilet door installation & installation of bathroom accessories today!

some pictures to share

toilet door

221754_10151147408358078_1854562407_n.jpg

completed kitchen

525156_10151147455808078_377788145_n.jpg

completed toilet

550030_10151147450893078_75261277_n.jpg

Heeheh, I was thinking the same too wahhh....your toilets doors .... :bath:

toilet door is abit translucent. haha i wonder if any of my guests will dare to use the toilet. yup, rail is from ikea :)

*pat pat* I'm sure this is a satisfying journey for you, to finally see your beautiful home come together!

If it is not too troublesome, can help me find out that yellow laminate code number, or at least the brand? Thanks in advance!