Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nivle

Dream Home-5 Bedrooms Ea At Kk(Tpe)

Hi fellow renotalkers,

Finally it's my turn to start mine own t-blog. Hope to share what I went through and I think

it will be interesting when years later, we can still logon and see what we went through.

You have to believe in fate when comes to buying a house/resale flat. As the saying goes, If it's yours, it's yours.

For the past 16 years, I have been staying in a 3 room flat. Initial plan was to move into EA next block.But this next block has got only 24 units of EA, the rest are all EM. I tried putting notes into their letterbox but nobody is selling. Then 6 years ago, I have the thought of buying over my neighbour house and hack into a jumbo flat,but I was told by my neighbour that she just sold her flat 1 week ago,too bad!!! :bangwall:

Then 2 years ago, my neighbour agreed to sell his flat to me at 20k cov :sport-smiley-004: ,

but later I found out that he sold it at cov 25k. I felt betrayed but there is nothing I can do.. :furious:

Finally this year the chance of buying our dream home came. There is no way we going to miss it, so finally

We bought our dream apartment :yamseng: after so many years. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Then I start to join renotalk and start looking for Ids.. Did a count and we actually visit 18 of them

:dunno:.Not much design since we wanna have 5 bedrooms, beside MBR, we wanted the 4 bedrooms for our 4 children to be 'almost' equally big.Some Ids was stubborn and cannot agree with our designs, some came back with rooms of different size..I did suggest to convert balcony to a room but wifey doesn't agree cos she knows all along I wanted to have the balcony for my fishes... :dribble:

Will post layout and reno picture soon......Picture speaks a thousands words...

Thanks for reading...

KK-Kim Keat

TPE-Toa Payoh East

Edited by Nivle

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally starting tblog! Congrats!

Your Neighbour really bad, 5k difference might as well tell you and you sure will pay for it. Haiz.... Never mind, now you have your own big EA.

Finally starting tblog! Congrats!

Your Neighbour really bad, 5k difference might as well tell you and you sure will pay for it. Haiz.... Never mind, now you have your own big EA.

Actually think back if I buy over his house, I will pay for the house and renovation===all $ out out out.. :jawdrop:

At least now I get back $ from selling my 3 rooms.. Not too bad... :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway maybe fated, Both house buy from non chinese or Malays.

3 room 16 years ago, I redo all, nothing from owner.

Today, I again redo all, but kept the main Door only :D

Actually think back if I buy over his house, I will pay for the house and renovation===all $ out out out.. :jawdrop:

At least now I get back $ from selling my 3 rooms.. Not too bad... :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway maybe fated, Both house buy from non chinese or Malays.

3 room 16 years ago, I redo all, nothing from owner.

Today, I again redo all, but kept the main Door only :D

its abt the same lah cos you are paying a lot more for the EA then just buy over the 3 room.

Years down the road, your EA will be the envy of many new house owners as the flats seems to be getting smaller in terms of living area. 5 bedrooms will be unheard of by then :rolleyes: . Congrats on securing your ideal house :yamseng: and enjoy your reno :sport-smiley-004:

Today went up and see hacking almost done after 5 days.. :dancingqueen:

Then saw neighbour(staying directly below my unit), :curse: she said our hacking has affected her false ceilings n light bulbs drops :help: n Altar table :bow: shifted...So spoke to ID, rectifying problem Tuesday morning :good: .

1k pieces :yamseng: of hollow blocks arrived already, according to ID, first time order so many :dribble:

Welcome and hope to c your reno pics soon

:yamseng:

welcome to renotalk, have a good reno and hope to see more pics soon

Thanks for visiting, pictures will come very soon...In fact nothing much since it's

all hacking. Tiling works starts Tuesday.

Years down the road, your EA will be the envy of many new house owners as the flats seems to be getting smaller in terms of living area. 5 bedrooms will be unheard of by then :rolleyes: . Congrats on securing your ideal house :yamseng: and enjoy your reno :sport-smiley-004:

next time children buy own house, we rent out the 4 rooms to FT... :dribble::dribble:

146sqm

EA tend to be very spacious n convenient for old folks as they do not need to worry abt going up/down the stairs in EM. Show us ur layout.