Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shmj

To The East We Go!

Yes check roof for leakage is important, if got signs of dampness in false ceiling or leakage, this is the best time to either repair or do replacement when yr Hse undergoes A&A. Same apply to checking the ceiling below any toilets.

Notice u plan to just overlay tiles in toilets. If u decide to change aircon drain pipe, contractor will have to hack the toilet floors anyway and install new drain pipe all the way to floor trap. This hacking will surely disturb the toilet water proofing and thus also need to redo, and follow by screening + tiling. One simpler and much cheaper alternative is to leave the current concealed drain pipe as it is, run new drain pipe on top of the toilet floor tiles to the FT, but will be exposed.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes check roof for leakage is important, if got signs of dampness in false ceiling or leakage, this is the best time to either repair or do replacement when yr Hse undergoes A&A. Same apply to checking the ceiling below any toilets.

Notice u plan to just overlay tiles in toilets. If u decide to change aircon drain pipe, contractor will have to hack the toilet floors anyway and install new drain pipe all the way to floor trap. This hacking will surely disturb the toilet water proofing and thus also need to redo, and follow by screening + tiling. One simpler and much cheaper alternative is to leave the current concealed drain pipe as it is, run new drain pipe on top of the toilet floor tiles to the FT, but will be exposed.

Another alternative is to hack the toilets :notti:

Looks like alot of work. Don't forget termite treatment and roof checks. These are pretty essential.

Ya - my to do list is long long but the zeros behind my bank balance not long enough... :~

Rentokill will be gg over to my place next Sat to do the checks.

We are likely to go for the maintenance package regardless got termites or not for ease of mind.

We are only gg to change the 2nd floor and 1st floor A/C. The ones on 3rd floor are pretty new (less than 3yrs old according to the last owner).

I dun mind the A/C pipes being exposed main reason is because if there is any leakage/ replacement in future, I do not need to hack the walls. & of cos, can save $ lah! :yeah:

I will just have to sacrifice the aesthetic appeal of it. :unsure:

Another alternative is to hack the toilets :notti:

Evil leh you! I am trying very very hard to save $ and there you are, encouraging me to spend! :bleah:

hear you liao, Suyun! :P

actually, the reno works started on Monday. But we have been busy then no time to go down to check the progress.

Called the contractor & they also advised us the first few days, better dun go as they are hacking alot of stuff & thus, might be unsafe.

Tmrw, need to go bk to Malaysia to celebrate my Mother-in-law's birthday so we'll only be able to go and check the progress on Sunday.

Hopefully, can take some pics and cross fingers tight tight till the full reno is complete tt we won't get any unpleasant surprise.

Last week, we went to the new place on Sunday to clear all the praying stuff. Also met up with our left & right neighbors.

Had a chat with them and they seemed nice so far. Also told them that we'll be doing major reno works and apologized for any inconveniences caused.

I think come this Sunday when we go over to do our 'inspection', we're likely to get them some cakes. :)

Always good to start our neighborly ties early. :)

Folks who are changing your bedroom doors, how much does it cost you?

Our contractor quoted us $280 per Veneer door. No frame.

If we wanna change the frame, it will be total $350.

Not sure if tt's the standard price :unsure:

hear you liao, Suyun! :P

actually, the reno works started on Monday. But we have been busy then no time to go down to check the progress.

Called the contractor & they also advised us the first few days, better dun go as they are hacking alot of stuff & thus, might be unsafe.

Tmrw, need to go bk to Malaysia to celebrate my Mother-in-law's birthday so we'll only be able to go and check the progress on Sunday.

Hopefully, can take some pics and cross fingers tight tight till the full reno is complete tt we won't get any unpleasant surprise.

Last week, we went to the new place on Sunday to clear all the praying stuff. Also met up with our left & right neighbors.

Had a chat with them and they seemed nice so far. Also told them that we'll be doing major reno works and apologized for any inconveniences caused.

I think come this Sunday when we go over to do our 'inspection', we're likely to get them some cakes. :)

Always good to start our neighborly ties early. :)

Folks who are changing your bedroom doors, how much does it cost you?

Our contractor quoted us $280 per Veneer door. No frame.

If we wanna change the frame, it will be total $350.

Not sure if tt's the standard price :unsure:

Should be around Market Price lah... :unsure:

ehspro - yours also quoted tt price?

We are thinking whether wanna spend time to go to Yontat & see if they can offer better prices... every cent counts!

ehspro - yours also quoted tt price?

We are thinking whether wanna spend time to go to Yontat & see if they can offer better prices... every cent counts!

Shmj , **** only sell and install doors but not door frames. You have to try best industrial for both doors and frames.

They give better service too. I forgotten the price difference between the two. You can call and check again.

Your contractor's price is very good especially for the door frame. I prefer solid veneer door for better sound protection.

Can PM me your contractor ? Thanks.

Double entry. Removed

Edited by Suyun

My hubby said that I rem wrongly... he said he heard $350 just for the door frame alone. :unsure:

Anyways, I'll call the contractor later to double confirm.

Update on end of Week 1

We went to our place yesterday & was greeted with a big mess.

Here's the living room mess:

mainhallmess_zps0f0e56be.jpg

Altho' we requested for overlay for our toilets but seemed like they have hack away anyway.

Toiletfloor_zps98749258.jpg

Doors & wall all knocked down to combine 2 bedrooms into our new master bedroom.

newmasterroom_zps4398a4c9.jpg

All the kitchen cabinets gone liao...

Kitchenmess_zps36e4f831.jpg

Edited by shmj

Like to see the mess...cos it means work in progress!!! After that will be swee swee. When will all be comppleted? I am starting my works this Fri, seems to be near yr place too!

Like to see the mess...cos it means work in progress!!! After that will be swee swee. When will all be comppleted? I am starting my works this Fri, seems to be near yr place too!

Really? You in the same area too? ;)

I need to move in by 13 Nov... for A&A works, the timeline I gave my contractors is super duper tight. They have only abt 1.5mths to complete the works.

They did highlight that 1st floor may not be ready in time but I have no choice cos need to hand over my flat to the new owner already. :(

Really? You in the same area too? ;)

I need to move in by 13 Nov... for A&A works, the timeline I gave my contractors is super duper tight. They have only abt 1.5mths to complete the works.

They did highlight that 1st floor may not be ready in time but I have no choice cos need to hand over my flat to the new owner already. :(

Hey we are in the same shoes! I have in shift in mid Ded but only my level one and two is ready . Works will be ongoing cos I also need to handover my hdb in Dec. Full completion might be Feb or so.