Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shmj

To The East We Go!

This is my 2nd reno blog... the 1st one was done 5 years ago... :)

We bought an inter terrace at the extreme east and would be collecting keys on 17th Sept.

"Opening & praying Ceremony" will be on 19th Sept.

We started looking for potential contractors & IDs once we signed the OTP which was like about 2 months ago.

Emailed & met a few IDs but finally decided to go with the 'resident contractor'...

We contacted the following:

***** - was recommended by ah lao's colleague. Slow to respond. No follow up. Have to keep chasing for quotes. Quote received was market price.

ID #1 - recommended by forum member... maybe he has too many jobs to do thus follow up was slow but friendly chap. When I emailed him the list of things that we want to do and the budget we had, he called to say that he can't take up the job as he is unable to meet my budget.

Arc Space - was friendly on the phone but like ID #1, once he saw my to do list and budget, he say can't do. No solution offered.

NicnWes - emailed them and their 'manager' called me about 5 days later... asking what my budget was even though it was in the email. Then say that he will get his Project manager to call me either on the same day or day after. The project manager took a week to call me & asked me what I have already stated on my email. NVM, I repeat again... then said that he will call me again to let me know when the quote is ready. Waited for about a week, no sound, no air. So I take it that they don't want my biz.

Defong - emailed them on my requirements & budget. Again, no sound, no air.

Wide Angle (ID is Kelly) - very very good service & follow up. Met me at my convenience a few times. If not for my tight budget, I would definitely have pick her.

DengFeng (the one!!!) - when we purchased our unit, the current owner told us that they have a 'resident contractor' around that estate. He does the houses there and is almost around the estate on a daily basis. When we met this contractor (he is the typical loud and kancheong uncle) but was quite nice. Met us at our place and went through the list that we need to do. On areas that can help us to save costs w/o doing, he was forthright and told us that there isn't a need to spend the money to change/ redo. He showed us to the houses that he has completed or was doing around the estate and we can see the quality of the work. The house owners also happily gave him praises which made us comfortable. Needless to say, he was the chosen one.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The list of the stuff that we want to do:

- Redo all 4 toilets (overlay of tiles, change toilet bowl & sinks/ bath tub/ shower heads)

- Polish current parquet floorings

- Painting of the house (inside & outside, scaffolding)

- Changing of all bedroom doors

- Changing of auto main gate

- Changing of front door

- Changing of sliding door on 1st floor

1st Floor:

- Take out all existing cabinets in the dry kitchen & redo a new one with island.

- Hack away wall and floor tiles in wet kitchen, redo with cement flooring

- Display cabinet/ TV feature wall

- Hack away the kitchen wall

2nd floor:

- Do a concrete flooring (2nd floor) to cover the Void area over the Living area, knock down a wall to extend out to the coverage over the car park to make it into a balcony.

- Take out existing cabinets and hack away 1 wall to combine 2 bedrooms into 1.

- Seal up 1 of the toilet door.

- Build Walk in wardrobe.

- Re-align bedroom door.

- Build display cabinet & Bar counter

3rd Floor:

- Do a concrete floor (3rd floor) to cover the Void area over the family area.

- Platform bed with drawers for sister in law room

- Platform bed with drawers and 2 study tables for my daughters

- Hack away all cabinets & rebuild new ones for both rooms

4th Floor:

- Build up one extra level with concrete staircase

- Addition of 1 small store room

- Addition of 1 bedroom

Hi ehspro!

We are doing our "open house/ praying ceremony" on 19 Sep, then reno will start on following Monday liao.

Wet works contractor already firmed up, carpentry also firmed up already.

Now, we will be looking for electrical/ plumping works guys.

I'll email you my quote tmrw. :)

Welcome to renotalk. Enjoy your Reno, a lot of things to learn along the way!

Hi ehspro!

We are doing our "open house/ praying ceremony" on 19 Sep, then reno will start on following Monday liao.

Wet works contractor already firmed up, carpentry also firmed up already.

Now, we will be looking for electrical/ plumping works guys.

I'll email you my quote tmrw. :)

Thanks shmj looks like all our budget has been busted!!! :dribble: : :bangwall::dribble::jawdrop:

Thanks shmj looks like all our budget has been busted!!! :dribble: : :bangwall::dribble::jawdrop:

LOL... as with all renos, Moolah always not enough and the list of stuff that we wanna do is always not short enough. :unsure:

My original budget was only 100K for the long list of stuff tt I wanna do.

Ended up, our primary, secondary & also my "Si Fang Qian" all also must dig out... :bangwall::o