Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shmj

To The East We Go!

Hey we are in the same shoes! I have in shift in mid Ded but only my level one and two is ready . Works will be ongoing cos I also need to handover my hdb in Dec. Full completion might be Feb or so.

Come, we can shake hands liao. :P

We sold off our place in June. Technically, need to handover mid Aug one... but we neg to extend 2 more mths & of cos pay rental for Sept, Oct & 1/2 mth for Nov lah...

That's also why we want to move in ASAP. Dun want to pay more rental.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We originally plan to keep the wet kitchen as it is, but upon closer inspection, looks like have to redo... $ fly out again. :(

We have chosen our tiles but was told that the toilet tiles for my girl's room tend to crack easily. So the contractor said it is better to choose another kind.

Now have to re-choose the tiles for my girl's toilet & wet kitchen.

Also, we plan to redo the steps that separate the living & dining (got the idea from Jumbopanther - THANKS!) but as we don't want to redo all the tiles, we thot to separate the steps using a different kind of tiles... likely to be black to match the rest of the white floor tiles.

$ fly out again... sigh... :jawdrop:

Asking the carpenter to redo the design for our bar counter as I found tt his design not tt nice/ impressive. Shown him a pic of what I like... hope they can meet the design. Also, changed the color to red & black instead of black & white.

Originally wanted to just do cement flooring for our 2nd floor balcony, now ah lao wants to do tiles that looked like wood (seemed like the rage now). $ fly out again....

For those who were interested in the door frames - I asked again. I rem wrongly and so did my ah lao.

Veneer door was @$280

Simple Door frame was @$150 (like the newer HDB flats kind)

"Complicated" Door frame was @ %350.

Contractor said my current door frame belongs to the 'complicated' kind... anyways, he said he assessed the condition. They are good. Just need to touch up & re-vanish which he will do FOC for me. His advise is not to change. Dun waster $ he said. I like! :thumbs up:

The door frames that are showing signs of rotting are the ones in the toilet. But since we are changing the doors to glass doors, we dun need a door frame liao... heng! Can finally save a little bit here. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by shmj

Toilet bowls that we bot:

brand: Magnum

Price: $288/ set (toilet bowl + wash basin)

CWC-2340-WT%28700x410x550%29.jpg

Wet kitchen 2 bowl sink + tap bought in ah lao's hometown for RM$298

sorry, no pics. :P

Main hall sofa set - bot

b8292acafd72142128a3481ac4b0abff_XL.jpg

We originally plan to keep the wet kitchen as it is, but upon closer inspection, looks like have to redo... $ fly out again. :(

We have chosen our tiles but was told that the toilet tiles for my girl's room tend to crack easily. So the contractor said it is better to choose another kind.

Now have to re-choose the tiles for my girl's toilet & wet kitchen.

Also, we plan to redo the steps that separate the living & dining (got the idea from Jumbopanther - THANKS!) but as we don't want to redo all the tiles, we thot to separate the steps using a different kind of tiles... likely to be black to match the rest of the white floor tiles.

$ fly out again... sigh... :jawdrop:

Asking the carpenter to redo the design for our bar counter as I found tt his design not tt nice/ impressive. Shown him a pic of what I like... hope they can meet the design. Also, changed the color to red & black instead of black & white.

Originally wanted to just do cement flooring for our 2nd floor balcony, now ah lao wants to do tiles that looked like wood (seemed like the rage now). $ fly out again....

For those who were interested in the door frames - I asked again. I rem wrongly and so did my ah lao.

Veneer door was @$280

Door frame was @$150

Your prices for the door and door frame are not expensive.

Your prices for the door and door frame are not expensive.

Thanks for the feedback. At least he never anyhow 'ketok' me. :thumbs up:

Really? You in the same area too? ;)

I need to move in by 13 Nov... for A&A works, the timeline I gave my contractors is super duper tight. They have only abt 1.5mths to complete the works.

They did highlight that 1st floor may not be ready in time but I have no choice cos need to hand over my flat to the new owner already. :(

Depending on the actual scope of works and current progress, but if yours is A&A and involve extension of floors, left with 1.5 mths, don't mind me saying, i think is very challenging.......

Depending on the actual scope of works and current progress, but if yours is A&A and involve extension of floors, left with 1.5 mths, don't mind me saying, i think is very challenging.......

You are right. IT IS very challenging.

What they can promise is to deliver 2nd (master bedroom only), 3rd & 4th floor.

1st floor & 2nd floor balcony definitely can't make it.

I can do w/o cooking for a while. So that's fine too.

All we asked for are the bedrooms & toilet to be ready.

The rest they can do while we are staying there. We just gotta put up with the dust & dirt. No choice. :unsure:

Nice comfy sofa set U have :dribble:

:yamseng:

Thanks! I had to 'fight' with my ah lao for this... he wanted something else but end up, he give in & I won! :sport-smiley-004:

The rest they can do while we are staying there. We just gotta put up with the dust & dirt. No choice. :unsure:

Yes, you are right, expect dirt and dust.

Have to factor in time for authority's inspection and approval also for A&A.

Yes, you are right, expect dirt and dust.

Have to factor in time for authority's inspection and approval also for A&A.

Yup, I think BCA will probably take at least 2 weeks' to give approval after they have done the inspection.

I am planning to install a digital lock on our main door.

Any recommendations/ where to get?

Come, we can shake hands liao. :P

We sold off our place in June. Technically, need to handover mid Aug one... but we neg to extend 2 more mths & of cos pay rental for Sept, Oct & 1/2 mth for Nov lah...

That's also why we want to move in ASAP. Dun want to pay more rental.

Really shake hands and hi five to you also! Our story is about the same, but I managed to nego and stay on till Dec since selling off last week. But yrs level 3 and 4 ready, by mine is level 1 & 2 ready, level 3 and 4 still ongoing. And I also plan to install digital lock for my main door. Yes...I cannont imagine living with dirt and dust but gotta no choice... Do not want to go thru shifting to temp rented place and shift again when ready.

Are you also using the same contractor as me?

We figured that it is better to have the dust below then have them fall over our heads. so we asked them to finish the top floors 1st.

Toilet bowls that we bot:

brand: Magnum

Price: $288/ set (toilet bowl + wash basin)

CWC-2340-WT%28700x410x550%29.jpg

Wet kitchen 2 bowl sink + tap bought in ah lao's hometown for RM$298

sorry, no pics. :P

Main hall sofa set - bot

b8292acafd72142128a3481ac4b0abff_XL.jpg

I bought the same WC for my common toilet and regretted it almost immediately. The WC looks nice when everything is down. But in actual usage, the seat cover will always be up, and hence blocking the flush button. Male users will have to reach very low to hit the flush button. Female users worse, have to be a contortionist to reach the button below and behind the cover, while remaining seated. If still can change, I will strongly advise you to.

Are you sure you can move in before the TOP?