Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We are at Ikea now and the Fabrikor cabinets are still out of stock!

Hey Makanology! IKEA's website says Tampines IKEA has 23 pieces of Fabrikor in grey and Alexandra IKEA has 8 pieces of Fabrikor in green. Are you only looking for beige?

I like it but Mr E feels so so about it. The other problem is I don't know where to put at home though I do know we have underestimated my Hello Kitty collection and we are seriously running out of display space.

Haha juxstapose, more plates and forks for u to look at then!

2013-05-05121038.png

2013-05-05120737.png

The pies are from Windowsill Pies! Local pie makers. They have a rather pretty cafe somewhere in Jalan Besar :)

The plates are nice!! Can you share where u got them? Any other designs?

I like it but Mr E feels so so about it. The other problem is I don't know where to put at home though I do know we have underestimated my Hello Kitty collection and we are seriously running out of display space.

Ah yes, always important to have something to help organize the house. Convince the husband! :D

The plates are nice!! Can you share where u got them? Any other designs?

Got those dessert plates from Soon Lee at Haji Lane. But that shop changes their stock quite often, so I'm not sure if they'll still have those plates. We got them quite a while ago.

2013-06-10194026.png

Super love our air fryer. It's been serving us crispy fries, and today we tried mini curry puffs with it. Can't stress how easy it is to fry things now that we have the air fryer. The gorgeous Mayer air fryer is still on sale at Tangs the last time we went a week or two ago. Very value for money! For those who want an air fryer, go check it out :)

Fruitful day of shopping. Bought most of what we need in the kitchen and the bathrooms smile.gif

IMG_0303_zps889710b5.jpg

Finally got the SMEG. The dream fridge.

IMG_0306_zps550fcb2a.jpg

Our microwave. SMEG technology, but made in China. Recommended by the sales person. A good-buy, considering we only use the microwave for heating up food.

IMG_0305_zps6f940515.jpg

Our hob. Didn't get the induction one in the end. Sales person recommended getting this since we don't cook much and don't need an induction.

IMG_0304_zps20cbc571.jpg

I love the oven.

Our designers transferred their discount to us at the store, so we managed to save! smile.gif

Also bought our toilet bowls, sinks, showers and taps from another store. Forgot to take pictures of those. But then again, it's mostly standard stuff.

Do you mind sharing where you got the Smeg microwave from and the cost? Gotta find something similar for our place too

Do you mind sharing where you got the Smeg microwave from and the cost? Gotta find something similar for our place too

We got all our SMEG stuff from the main distributor in Singapore - APS Lifestyle. They have a building somewhere around River Valley :) I can't quite remember the price, but it was around $400. We got the one with parts from Italy but assembled in China. The salesperson recommended the assembled in China one saying it was more value for money. If I remember correctly, the parts from Italy and assembled in Italy model was around $1000. Those prices are before the designer discount :)

Edited by summersann

Everything looks better when you use a dslr, haha :D Just realized we don't have professional shots of our home, oops :P shall load them soon now that our designers have passed the pictures to us!

pic20130617160326.jpg

More shooting in the house. Amazing how the home looks so different with a professional camera. The cat is unsure of the new people. Hahaha :P Quite excited to see how the home turns out in the magazine.

Edited by summersann

Ack, ID just informed us that we can't post the professional pictures their photographer took of our house until August. Have to keep them in my computer till mid August then -_-

wow.. fantastic place you have there.. love the decor especially ur unique balcony...

Thank you! The unique shape and layout made us decide to buy the place :)

lol waiting for the issue of which magazine in august? take some photos yourself!!!!!

Haha we did take some ourselves, but we don't have dslr, so it's all mobile phone camera quality :P

Waiting for Home and Decor in August. Apparently we're getting featured then :)

Edited by summersann