Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

V nice photo! Professional photos r indeed different...haha. I see the pink little round seat in the photo. What is it ah? I'm attracted by the color haha

Edited by mrsyap

Thanks mrmerry for suggesting that! I finally tried it out and did a random google to find out how to copy and paste the link on renotalk. Coincidentally, the search returned a renotalk t-blog that you had commented on to share how to do so. Hahaha :D

Shall test if it works with one picture.

LoresYishun723-04.jpg

Am too lazy to go "revive" the other photos that were on photobucket :P

LOVELY! Did the wood slats for the balcony cost heaps? We are thinking of leveling our balcony so that it is flush with the living...did approval from HDB take long?

Summer,

WoooHoo!!! Congrats on being your upcoming feature in Home & Deco. I will definitely be grabbing a copy. So happy for you!

Your house is looking really chio in that professional photo. Nice Nice. :good:

hahah.... recently I've adopted a male guinea pig from SPCA and then bought a female one a couple of weeks later. My gals named them - Milo & Horlicks. Lol. :lol:

Thank you thank you :) I think it's coming out in August, not sure if it really is though!

Good job on adopting! But you're going to have a big headache soon once they start breeding. It's going to be a mess. Should always get the same gender unless they're sterilised.

Wow ur place looks really homely haha.. Love love love the wood tiles and wood decking for the balcony!

I super like the balcony area too. I love all things made of wood, gives a very... cosy feeling :P

Edited by summersann

So pretty! Whats the brand n colour code of the paint used behind the sofa?

Dulux, Gentle Tide, 90GY 63/047. I super liked it too :D

Beautiful! I keep hanging around to see new photos...

Thank you mishmish! Will load more pictures soon :)

V nice photo! Professional photos r indeed different...haha. I see the pink little round seat in the photo. What is it ah? I'm attracted by the color haha

It's a pouf! Something like a stool, but not as hard or structured as one. The shop had many many colors, and we bought 2. They totally help to add a pop of color in the house :)

• Like 1

LOVELY! Did the wood slats for the balcony cost heaps? We are thinking of leveling our balcony so that it is flush with the living...did approval from HDB take long?

Our outdoor decking costs about 4k. We didn't level our balcony. Our ID suggested we sort of "extend" our balcony into the living room, which explains why it looks like the wooden decking is levelled (there's still a slight drop down) :) Our EM's balcony is a little different from most EMs that have a recessed rectangular balcony, so the rain can really get in if it's heavy. Levelling it full might cause flooding if it's extreme weather :P

The one that took forever to approve was the hacking of the bedroom wall on the 2nd floor, directly above the stairs.

Edited by summersann

Pleas try and find time to upload the rest of the old photos. Maybe onto an album online, as your house looks very beautiful!!!!

Our outdoor decking costs about 4k. We didn't level our balcony. Our ID suggested we sort of "extend" our balcony into the living room, which explains why it looks like the wooden decking is levelled (there's still a slight drop down) :) Our EM's balcony is a little different from most EMs that have a recessed rectangular balcony, so the rain can really get in if it's heavy. Levelling it full might cause flooding if it's extreme weather :P

The one that took forever to approve was the hacking of the bedroom wall on the 2nd floor, directly above the stairs.

I am also waiting forever for the approval to hack the same bedroom wall....still waiting

Pleas try and find time to upload the rest of the old photos. Maybe onto an album online, as your house looks very beautiful!!!!

Haha, thank you oreo! :) A bit lazy la. But will load the newer pictures that my IDs photographer took once I can.

I'm really liking the pouf and also the rest of the knitted baskets from make room. Thanks for sharing! :)

Yup, they come in very nice colors! :)

Which shop did the pouf come from?

Make Room :)

I am also waiting forever for the approval to hack the same bedroom wall....still waiting

Haha, you engaged a PE?

No i have not engaged a PE....did you?

Nope. Our permit for hacking that wall was denied. And then our ID advised us to engage a PE. But we went with renotalkers' advice and called the HDB officer ourselves. The whole episode dragged for 2 weeks before we finally got the hacking approved :P

Nope. Our permit for hacking that wall was denied. And then our ID advised us to engage a PE. But we went with renotalkers' advice and called the HDB officer ourselves. The whole episode dragged for 2 weeks before we finally got the hacking approved :P

oh...any tips on what to do when speaking to hdb officers seeing you managed it? Would truly appreciate it.