Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Summersan!

Hi, i too installed relite fans for the house...with casing to hide the wires...no false ceiling. I noticed that the fan cap (where the motor is) isn't 100% flush with the ceiling...cos the fan itself isn't flushed. Did you have that problem? If you did, how did you solve it? pic to explain what i mean below.

relitefan_zps0656eedc.jpg

Hey vanessa,

Here's a picture of how ours looks like. It isn't flushed with the wall.

2013-09-22+18.53.15.png

Hope this helps!

Edited by summersann

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We picked Artist Room in the end. Hope it goes well!

Hi, I am curious to meet artist room too. But I sent them my floor plan and enquiry more than 3 weeks ago and not a single response. Finally, I had to call them last week and left my number. But still no response from them. Was it the same for you?

Hey vanessa,

Here's a picture of how ours looks like. It isn't flushed with the wall.

2013-09-22+18.53.15.png

Hope this helps!

Thank you! Guess there is nothing that can be done then. Do you have trouble with heaps of dust trapping between the gap?

Hi, I am curious to meet artist room too. But I sent them my floor plan and enquiry more than 3 weeks ago and not a single response. Finally, I had to call them last week and left my number. But still no response from them. Was it the same for you?

They've gotten quite popular and have a lot of projects at any one time. We didn't have to wait too long before they got back to us, but had to wait a month before they had the first draft of our floorplan ready.

Found a cute little biscuit box for the kitchen :)

2013-08-16+23.16.54.png

Nice house you have, really like the colours n layout :-)

anyway, where did you get the cookie box from? Been trying to find one like this

Nice house you have, really like the colours n layout :-)

anyway, where did you get the cookie box from? Been trying to find one like this

Hello! Sorry I've been absent from renotalk for quite a while :P I got the box from Typo!

Hi, absolutely loved ur hse, it's so lovely! Could you send me ur ID/contractor contacts? Thanks!

Our IDs are Artistroom. You can find out more about them here: http://www.artistroom.com.sg

Try emailing or calling them on their office phone first. They're a small ID company and are quite swamped with projects most of the time. PM me if you'd like their mobile :)

Edited by summersann

It's been a long while since I last logged into renotalk. I do miss the renovation process! Soon, I'll mess around with the pieces at home to keep things fresh and give myself an excuse to experience the renovation process again. Glad we didn't have too many built-in things!

It's been 8 months since the boy and I moved into our first home together. We've settled in nicely and things haven't started falling apart. Some cracks popping up here and there, but I guess that's only normal. The good thing is, our IDs have stayed contactable and they usually come within the week after we inform them of the need to fix a few things. Thumbs up for that! :)

Strangely, I don't seem to be able to share my pictures on Google+ anymore. Renotalk prompts that I can't use that "image extension" in this community. Hmmmm. Anyone knows where else I can load pictures to share?

Testing.

d20fa062_l.png

Edited by summersann

We're enjoying the house (especially having meals/tea on the open balcony).

1354de7b_l.png

The boys are enjoying their new home (which totally makes my day because we wanted a bigger place for them to play in).

cca09437_l.png

0fdcf0cf_l.png

We welcomed another member into the family (she's a real cutie, and is getting along exceedingly well with the existing boys).

2286fab2_l.png

And most of all, I'm really grateful that I now have many places as backdrops for my pictures.

44f96589_l.png

Edited by summersann

8 months already? Time sure passes really fast! And nice cutie :) she seems shy!

yeah didn't seem like 8 months..mine's 7 months! haha

Haha, oops. Maybe I was too eager to round up. But it's coming to 8 months soon!

Makan, she's not shy at all! She's a menace. Hahaha :D