Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

May I know the name of those pendant lights you have installed in your kitchen? I'm looking for them and am struggling to find a name.

Thanks! :)

Oh dear. I don't actually know what they're called. Vintage floral lamp shades, maybe? I got mine from Roccoco Kent. But I'm not sure if he has any pieces left by now.

Alternatively, you can visit Wonderland at Haji Lane. They have similar floral lamp shades, and much cheaper too :)

Oh dear. I don't actually know what they're called. Vintage floral lamp shades, maybe? I got mine from Roccoco Kent. But I'm not sure if he has any pieces left by now.

Alternatively, you can visit Wonderland at Haji Lane. They have similar floral lamp shades, and much cheaper too :)

Thank you so much for your reply! :D I will check out both shops. :)

Spent the past 2 days cleaning the home (haha, the boy did most of it) to prepare for a shoot today. The amount of cleaning (and dust) is amazing :jawdrop: I don't even know how people living in landed properties deal with the dust and dirt. I know they mostly hire helpers to clean, but seriously. I do not envy the lives of those who have to clean those houses. Ours is only a tiny maisonette and I'm dying from the dust.

On a happier note, while the boy was busy cleaning (I'm horrible, I know), I was adding little touches to the home. I'm getting bored already, and am missing the designing process of renovation :(

Because our corridor is slightly narrower than most, we can't decorate the walkway much. I decided to take to the walls. Let's hope no one from the RC or Town Council comes by to ask us to remove them :P

2013-12-08+09.49.53.jpg2013-12-08+09.51.02.jpg2013-12-08+09.52.07.jpg

I hung the posters slightly off-sided. The boy to the rescue :P

2013-12-08+09.58.03.jpg

Getting knick knacks to decorate the study with.

2013-12-08+10.30.35.jpg

Moving things around on the built-in bookshelf. Many parts of our home go through so many "changes" every few weeks :dancingqueen:

I see so many different renovations going on, and a lot of them have beautiful themes and colors. In comparison, our place is really clean and… bland? I'm starting to wonder if I should have gone with something striking as a feature. But ultimately, I guess I'm glad I went with clean. It really helps when I want to find a clean background for our many items. Oh well, guess I can't have the best of both worlds :P

Time to continue cleaning for the visitors later!

Edited by summersann

Photoshoot over! This group spent way longer than Home and Decor folks, and featured more of our lifestyle and knick knacks. I somehow find that more attractive than the usual featuring of rooms.

2013-12-08+15.25.31.jpg

As usual, they try to get shots of our animals. Who don't always cooperate. Lucky them, our male adult cat was feeling slightly more sporting today :D

2013-12-08+17.01.29.jpg

My trio :wub:

Now to enjoy the clean house. Which won't stay clean for long :bangwall:

2013-12-08+09.58.03.jpg

Getting knick knacks to decorate the study with.

Can I check where that wireframe pic hanger is from? Been looking for something like that forever!

Can I check where that wireframe pic hanger is from? Been looking for something like that forever!

I got it from Cat Socrates. But I think they order a lot from Taobao, so if you order from there yourself, you can try that! :)

the pouf seems deflated now? lol

Yah! Totally deflated cuz my mom likes to sit on it. Still as comfortable as it used to be, just not as nice looking :( Hahaha.

Edited by summersann

I got it from Cat Socrates. But I think they order a lot from Taobao, so if you order from there yourself, you can try that! :)

Tried there, but they didn't have it anymore :(

Any idea what keywords to search for on Taobao? My mandarin isn't that good :D

Where'd u get the black white striped floor cloth from?

IKEA! It's waterproof too, great outdoor use. Not sure if it's still available though.

Tried there, but they didn't have it anymore :(

Any idea what keywords to search for on Taobao? My mandarin isn't that good :D

I've never bought from Taobao before. I'm too impatient to wait for things to come after a few weeks, so I pay extra at places like Cat Socrates :P