Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Cool! Is your place under renovations currently? PM-ed you, by the way smile.gif

Where u get those vintage stuff?...it's awesome..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh...any tips on what to do when speaking to hdb officers seeing you managed it? Would truly appreciate it.

Hahaha, just do the typical Singaporean thing and make a fuss :P The HDB officer in charge refused to budge and we asked to speak to his supervisor (because he kept saying he's just following instructions). We stressed that their floorplan clearly shows that the wall is not structural (no thick bold line), and that there's no beam above. Actually, come to think of it, we didn't plan to hack the whole wall. We only inserted a window. So we asked why we would need a PE if all HDBs have windows in walls anyway (hahaha). Your case may be different since you're hacking the whole thing. But I know others have done it before without PE, so you could try :)

Where u get those vintage stuff?...it's awesome..

Which vintage stuff? :)

Hahaha, just do the typical Singaporean thing and make a fuss :P The HDB officer in charge refused to budge and we asked to speak to his supervisor (because he kept saying he's just following instructions). We stressed that their floorplan clearly shows that the wall is not structural (no thick bold line), and that there's no beam above. Actually, come to think of it, we didn't plan to hack the whole wall. We only inserted a window. So we asked why we would need a PE if all HDBs have windows in walls anyway (hahaha). Your case may be different since you're hacking the whole thing. But I know others have done it before without PE, so you could try :)

Which vintage stuff? :)

LOL actually i did start arguing with the guy and he said that he is just the messenger...and mine is also just a whole...not the whole wall...and same...no solid line...ok...i go tell IDers so they know to argue LOL thank you!

Hi Summersann, where did you buy the vintage trunk in the living room ? Roughly how much? the ones I have seen so far are too small

LOL actually i did start arguing with the guy and he said that he is just the messenger...and mine is also just a whole...not the whole wall...and same...no solid line...ok...i go tell IDers so they know to argue LOL thank you!

Might be more effective to call yourself! But all the best! :)

Hi Summersann, where did you buy the vintage trunk in the living room ? Roughly how much? the ones I have seen so far are too small

We got it from Like That One. It was $180, if I remember correctly. They may not always have vintage chests though, so just call them to check before you go down :)

Edited by summersann

Lovely home! I cant wait to buy the Aug H&D! :good:

Thanks celztang! Not entirely sure if it's coming out at all though, haven't heard from the H&D people after they came for the photoshoot :P

Will load the other pictures soon though! :)

Thanks mrmerry for suggesting that! I finally tried it out and did a random google to find out how to copy and paste the link on renotalk. Coincidentally, the search returned a renotalk t-blog that you had commented on to share how to do so. Hahaha :D

Shall test if it works with one picture.

LoresYishun723-04.jpg

Am too lazy to go "revive" the other photos that were on photobucket :P

Summersann, just want to tell u that this photo is gorgeous n beautiful! :))

Guess who's in H&D August :D

Oh really, it's out? We thought they decided not to feature us because we didn't hear from them at all after the photoshoot. Hahaha :P

need to get myself a copy then!

Thanks for the support, NSW! :)

i second that!

am gonna pick up a copy after gym tonight! :good:

Thank you too, zihui! :) I shall go find one on the racks after work too :P

I just saw. Congrats summerann, looks good!

Thank you, greglhc! I haven't seen it yet, wonder what they wrote if they didn't ask us a single question (if they wrote anything at all) :P

they wrote that you'd be shopping for the home during the course of renovation when you weren't working. lol