Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Love the way you decorated your house. But cannot imagine if my home decorated the same way, would be destroyed within minutes by my 3 monkeys :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks z3phy :)

2013-05-07210337.png

2013-05-07210433.png

It's almost 2 months since we moved in. I think we've finally settled into the house. Time to enjoy the new home :)

The 2 pets are such good companions. U seemto have many pets living with u....;)

Love the way you decorated your house. But cannot imagine if my home decorated the same way, would be destroyed within minutes by my 3 monkeys :lol:

Thank you mcwee :) It takes a lot of cleaning and maintenance though, can be quite tiring :P

The 2 pets are such good companions. U seemto have many pets living with u.... ;)

They totally brighten up the house and make it feel more like home. Precious family members they are! :)

i spy a smeg induction.

i have been looking all over town for an induction with physical knobs rather than iffy touch panels...

may i know the damage and where i can damage my pocket? lol

i spy a smeg induction.

i have been looking all over town for an induction with physical knobs rather than iffy touch panels...

may i know the damage and where i can damage my pocket? lol

Hahaha, I totally know what you mean :D

We got it straight from the authorized distributor in Singapore, APS Lifestyle. The hob cost us $1k. That's after a discount of 15% (our IDs transferred their designer discount to us).

Spending the long weekend at home. Feels good to finally settle in.

2013-05-24121123.png

The cat loves our balcony cushions.

2013-05-24154651.png

One of the foster kittens meets the dog.

2013-05-24154447.png

And explores the first floor.

2013-05-25105827.png

We found a better spot for the banker's lamp.

Edited by summersann

That's the bed from Picket & Rail's chicago series right? I love that bed! But still considering whether to buy It bcos it's quite industrial looking. My bedroom has a soft, white theme.

That's the bed from Picket & Rail's chicago series right? I love that bed! But still considering whether to buy It bcos it's quite industrial looking. My bedroom has a soft, white theme.

Yup! The boy really liked the bed, so we got it when it was on sale. Picket & Rail told us they aren't making king-sized frames for this series anymore though. We managed to get one of the last few pieces. My bedroom is quite soft too, but we wanted to balance the wood and white out with some metal finishes, so we opted for this bed, and also picked more industrial looking pieces to place around the room.

We had our housewarming, and friends brought us lovely things to make the home even better :)

2013-05-26195654.png

Happycall!

2013-05-26200302.png

A really cute teapot from Thailand.

2013-05-26200948.png

A beautiful terrarium.

2013-05-26195119.png

A talented friend brought us a handmade gift. She's setting up her etsy store soon!

Your friends really give you nice gifts, lucky you!

Haha, well actually, friends started asking us what we would need for the home and didn't dare to anyhow buy things for us because they knew we had a certain type of preference for our home accessories. So we made a wish list of things we would like to have and sent it out to those who asked. Our friends really appreciated the list because they didn't have to wreck their brains for what to get us, and saved us the trouble of receiving gifts that we wouldn't use :P

Haha same here. We told our friends we need an air fryer and today one was delivered to our place ;)

Love it when friends make the effort to get you useful things :) Enjoy your philips air fryer!

This is not exactly renovation-related, but IKEA has recalled one of their cups because they break when hot liquid is poured in. Scary! http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ikea-recalls-cup-breaks-upon-contact-hot-liquid

I know I'm very late to this scene (haha :P), but we just went to CB2 last weekend and were quite impressed with the layout.

2013-06-02175959.png

The pieces here have more character as compared to the cleaner pieces in Crate & Barrel. Some of them are more affordable as well, but most of them were about the same price as the pieces in Crate & Barrel. It's interesting how the store diversified into one clean-cut store in ION and one edgier store next to Centrepoint.

Didn't get anything (except for a dinosaur candle holder) because we've already gotten whatever we need for the house. It was very tempting to get more because of the many pretty things there, but too many pretty things in one not-so-big house only makes the place look smaller and wastes the beauty of the things. Have to exercise control :P

2013-06-08122038.png

We don't know where to put the dinosaur yet, so the bookshelf will have to do. Spot the dinosaur! :D

Also, our IKEA Fabrikor cabinet has been serving us well. We got the dark grey one because our place is already very white and doesn't need another cream item, and our parquet floor is darker wood so the light green one would look rather odd (that's just my thinking, feel free to disagree :P). But looking at the picture below totally makes me swoon.

Fabrikor-ikea.jpg

I think it's the combination of wall tiles, floor tiles, long window and accessories inside the cabinet. The beauty is really in the details. Imagine bottles of Mama Lemon or striking orange plastic floor mats :bangwall: Hahaha, tak match.

Time to clean the house and arrange the stuff again. Got to prepare for visitors next week. So much work :P

Edited by summersann