Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Wasn't too excited about the cabinet, but got it because the boy quite liked it.

image-108.jpg

Now it's slowly growing on me. Haha :P

Still arranging parts of the house, here and there, a little a day.

image-109.jpg

The balcony slowly takes shape.

Can't wait for everything to be settled!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wasn't too excited about the cabinet, but got it because the boy quite liked it.

image-108.jpg

Now it's slowly growing on me. Haha :P

image-109.jpg

Hi,

Your house really nice :good: and looking forward to see your post more pic. I notice the vintage chair you get from Logan's retro? I love all thier furniture but quite expensive. Btw, your display cabinet get from Logan? The blue stool you get from Egg3? How much the display cabinet and the lovely stool? Mind to share?

Hmm, mine isn't giving any problems at all. I find it quite smooth. But then again, maybe what you define as smooth is different from mine? :P but it's serving me well, so if you like it, I say go with it! :)

Thanks for the info. I am considering either this one or CB2 one which is bigger and in gorgeous orange colour! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi,

Your house really nice http://www.renotalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/good.gif and looking forward to see your post more pic. I notice the vintage chair you get from Logan's retro? I love all thier furniture but quite expensive. Btw, your display cabinet get from Logan? The blue stool you get from Egg3? How much the display cabinet and the lovely stool? Mind to share?

Thank you for your kind words :) I didn't get anything from Lorgan's. Didn't even go there because the places we went to made us happy enough :D the armchair is from Room of Woods. My display cabinet as in the one in our study that I just posted? That one's from IKEA! :) Blue stool's from egg3, you're right. Display cabinet is about $260 and stool is around $150.

Haha I'm guessing the CB2 one has a gorgeous price too? :D

It's $299 but is bigger than Ikea. And comes in gorgeous orange that matches my theme colour!

Edited by bleucheeze

It's $299 but is bigger than Ikea. And comes in gorgeous orange that matches my theme colour!

Dying to see the orange cabinet :D

image-108.jpg

Now it's slowly growing on me. Haha tongue.gif

image-109.jpg

Hi can share where you bought the sofa for balcony? i also looking for one for my plc and the estimated price.

The other thing is what is the doors of your balcony called? currently mine is sliding doors that i find cumbersome. i checked out best view and was quoted like 5.3K for a 6 panel door at balcony.

and how much did you pay for the cheery pink pouf?

thanks. :D

Hi can share where you bought the sofa for balcony? i also looking for one for my plc and the estimated price.

The other thing is what is the doors of your balcony called? currently mine is sliding doors that i find cumbersome. i checked out best view and was quoted like 5.3K for a 6 panel door at balcony.

and how much did you pay for the cheery pink pouf?

thanks. :D

The sofa on the balcony is from IKEA! The name is Garpen. We bought two one-seat sections and joined them together :) It's $50 for one section, cushions sold separately. Cushions were about $20 each, depending on size.

Our balcony door type is accordion. Not sure if it can also be called bifold. But we paid a lot for the doors. Sliding would have been much cheaper, but we wanted unobstructed access to the balcony and really disliked the idea of sliding doors. Think we paid about the same as the price you were quoted. We also have 6 panels. If you opt for that, make sure they don't use the cheaper type like PD door material. My ID said they have a cheaper type, but it turns out to look quite cheap and flimsy.

Pink pouf was about $150. They have many other colors available. I love their poufs :)

Hope this helps!

Thanks Makanology for your suggestion! The current plan is to put up photo frames, but we're trying to see if we can get other ideas http://www.renotalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

image-106.jpg

Finally got our balcony chairs today! Placed them side by side to create a sofa of sorts. The dog and cat are enjoying it http://www.renotalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.gif Shall continue to add stuff to the balcony to spruce it up. Suggestions welcomed!

just curious: wont the kitty jump over d balcony?

This isn't interior design related, but Chong Pang food market reopened! It has been under renovation since we moved into our new place, and we've only gotten to eat the food from the coffee shops around the food market. But wow, I never knew why people kept telling me I'm lucky to be near Chong Pang. Now I do! No more having to go to Bedok 85 for awesome hawker food! :D

On a more interior design-related note, mom's room is looking better (from the previous mess and sparseness). The walls are still kinda bare though, hmm..

image-110.jpg

Suggestions welcomed!

just curious: wont the kitty jump over d balcony?

We don't open the balcony doors unless we're home :) So far, the cat seems more interested in lazing or following us around than exploring the balcony ledge.

The dog and cat get their own shower bottles too.

image-112.jpg

VERY nice!!

stickers paster by yourself ah?

do they have one for rabbits!?!?!

no..wait... i only dry shower my bits.

lol!