Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lunareverie

Strictly Scandinavian Home

Your current table and chairs are gorgeous.

The Eames chair goes with anything and everything I guess. Have been seeing it everywhere. It should work well!

Do be extra careful with gmarket eames chair. My friend's chair could not stand the test of time and raised white flag within a year. But agree with summersann, the chair looks great with almost everything.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

However JW is ver concerned that it may spoil the feel of the house and suggested replacing the chairs with the Eames chair....

4B487972-E1E7-464D-A91B-4B17FE1EFDAB-131-0000001138250D8A.jpg

I ordered 2 of this White Eames chair from Gmarket. Hoping to have a mismatch to the current set. What do you all think?

Do be extra careful with gmarket eames chair. My friend's chair could not stand the test of time and raised white flag within a year. But agree with summersann, the chair looks great with almost everything.

The Cheong Eames chair from Gmarket are cheap.... about $71 after using all the discount coupons. If its spoils then i think i'll not keep it. This makes me reluctant to change the chairs.... :no:

The Windsor chair is almost the same as the one they sell at Franc Franc and it retails at $300 each... thus i wanted to keep my Windor chair,...

Do u all find it very country style?

Edited by Lunareverie

Your existing dinning table is nice...

Ya the dinning table together with the chairs personally feel it's country style...but i suppose your ID have advise that the dinning table will suit your theme? And it's just the chairs he suggest not to keep?

Your existing dinning table is nice...

Ya the dinning table together with the chairs personally feel it's country style...but i suppose your ID have advise that the dinning table will suit your theme? And it's just the chairs he suggest not to keep?

Yes the is agrees with the table, but suggest a change in chairs. I just not willing to part with it. He gave numberous suggestions and even volunteered to help me paint it to give it a new vibe... but i dare not. :wacko:

I like the chair painting idea. Why not let your ID try? Will give your place a diff (brighter) vibe since you have all the woody furniture.

I like the chair painting idea. Why not let your ID try? Will give your place a diff (brighter) vibe since you have all the woody furniture.

Hi adidaem I'm a fan of your blog!! Love to read your entries :dancingqueen:

I am not willing to part with the chairs... i'm afraid that if i do not like the color of the paint, then i will waste my chairs (its more than 10 years old liao)

My hubby says i'm so so stubborn. Many blogs featured have nice painted Windsor chairs, some going into the grey with pastel color theme. While some go for the primary color theme chairs...

Edited by Lunareverie

Hi adidaem I'm a fan of your blog!! Love to read your entries :dancingqueen:

I am not willing to part with the chairs... i'm afraid that if i do not like the color of the paint, then i will waste my chairs (its more than 10 years old liao)

My hubby says i'm so so stubborn. Many blogs featured have nice painted Windsor chairs, some going into the grey with pastel color theme. While some go for the primary color theme chairs...

Oh thanks for supporting my blog. :yamseng:

If the chair color is not nice, then change again lor... already painted what. But I think I'll trust your ID for his taste/color coordination. Seriously do consider painting the chairs. I'm glad your ID has suggested painting the chairs cos it shows that he cares about the project. Pity you can't change the ScanTeak sets... not a fan of ScanTeak designs.

Lotsa nice DIY ideas on the net like this ombre chair (http://www.designsponge.com/2012/04/diy-project-shades-of-blue-ombre-chair.html)

If it's all woody furniture really could turn out quite bleh color wise as I've seen in some homes.

• Like 1

If the chair color is not nice, then change again lor... already painted what. But I think I'll trust your ID for his taste/color coordination. Seriously do consider painting the chairs. I'm glad your ID has suggested painting the chairs cos it shows that he cares about the project. Pity you can't change the ScanTeak sets... not a fan of ScanTeak designs.

Lotsa nice DIY ideas on the net like this ombre chair (http://www.designsponge.com/2012/04/diy-project-shades-of-blue-ombre-chair.html)

If it's all woody furniture really could turn out quite bleh color wise as I've seen in some homes.

Agreed...you give the chairs a new look and at the same time you get to keep the chairs....

Adidaem your advice is great!!! you are right! My ID does care for the project despite a small budget and limited parts for him to work on. Lucky to have found him.

Well we paid full price for all the scanteak sets.. my ID had a hard time trying to browse the scanteak website and going through the various combination of stuff from scanteak and fitting it into our house...He recommends mountain teak and AIR... but my hubby is always so so busy and not into shopping. He simply just went to Tradehub 21 and buy buy buy...

My dad hates the furniture by the way... i feel so sad about the scanteak. :(

Originally my ID wanted to design a TV console to counter the sofa design... BUT...my hubby bought the TV console impulsively and from SCANTEAK :fire: ID still thinking of ways to counter those designs...

How about painting your table too? I personally like this cheery yellow shade like the Mrs B table I saw at Pomelo matched with white chairs.

622405_408485009209459_531513826_o.jpg

So yellow table legs, white chairs? See if your ID like the ID too? :rolleyes:

Ah yes, if you read my blog you'll know about my liking for Air furniture too. I like stuff from Pomelo as well. Sorta quirky.

That's my 2 cents for 'rescuing the look' from the strong country vibe. White is safe and neutral, so if you are afraid you'll hate the new chair color, I think white could be a good alternative. I like splashes of colour and with your dining room not having windows, I think bright cheery yellow will be nice. Matches the brick wall too. :)

Edited by adidaem

How about painting your table too? I personally like this cheery yellow shade like the Mrs B table I saw at Pomelo matched with white chairs.

622405_408485009209459_531513826_o.jpg

So yellow table legs, white chairs? See if your ID like the ID too? :rolleyes:

Ah yes, if you read my blog you'll know about my liking for Air furniture too. I like stuff from Pomelo as well. Sorta quirky.

That's my 2 cents for 'rescuing the look' from the strong country vibe. White is safe and neutral, so if you are afraid you'll hate the new chair color, I think white could be a good alternative. I like splashes of colour and with your dining room not having windows, I think bright cheery yellow will be nice. Matches the brick wall too. :)

Thanks a lot Adidaem! Painting the legs is a good move. I guess i'll talk to my ID and see what color i can choose... meanwhile i'm still sulking over the scanteak choices.... HAIZ....i love AIR but way over budget. :~

Thanks a lot Adidaem! Painting the legs is a good move. I guess i'll talk to my ID and see what color i can choose... meanwhile i'm still sulking over the scanteak choices.... HAIZ....i love AIR but way over budget. :~

Glad you are considering to paint the table legs. :D

The same Mrs B table in painted and unpainted version. Very different vibe hor? The painted one just has that extra spunk that I like. :P

mrs_b_table_with_oiled_legs_2.jpg

Mrs-B-Painted-with-Mrs-B-Console.jpg

Think will go nicely with your pendant lamp too. Yay, so exciting. Hope you go ahead with the painting and rem to post pics k?

As for Scanteak... nevermind lar, next time lor.

Actually Air Division pricing is not so painful when discounted (and prices are good when they go on sale). Plus the wood finishing is really nice, like a class above the rest. Even Nathan Yong's new store Grafunkt can't match the finishing. Mountain Teak finishing is still too rough for me. I consider pricing to be ok cos I think their stuff are quite timeless - think will bring them over wherever I move lor. So value over time is still better than the cheaper alternatives.

Glad you are considering to paint the table legs. :D

The same Mrs B table in painted and unpainted version. Very different vibe hor? The painted one just has that extra spunk that I like. :P

mrs_b_table_with_oiled_legs_2.jpg

Mrs-B-Painted-with-Mrs-B-Console.jpg

Think will go nicely with your pendant lamp too. Yay, so exciting. Hope you go ahead with the painting and rem to post pics k?

As for Scanteak... nevermind lar, next time lor.

Actually Air Division pricing is not so painful when discounted (and prices are good when they go on sale). Plus the wood finishing is really nice, like a class above the rest. Even Nathan Yong's new store Grafunkt can't match the finishing. Mountain Teak finishing is still too rough for me. I consider pricing to be ok cos I think their stuff are quite timeless - think will bring them over wherever I move lor. So value over time is still better than the cheaper alternatives.

WOh the legs look so cool against the white background!!! Nice pictures!! I haven even gone to any other furniture shop to see furniture except for SCANTEAK... :jail:

Lesson learnt: dun anyhow buy impulsively..