Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lunareverie

Strictly Scandinavian Home

Thanks a lot Adidaem! Painting the legs is a good move. I guess i'll talk to my ID and see what color i can choose...

Hey, or white table legs like the pic you found, plus turquoise chairs? If you look for turquoise inspiration pics, can find lots. Or turquoise table legs, white chairs. Lotsa cheery possibilities. Don't fret. You have a nice new apartment, should be happy ya? Hey can you share your floor plan?

Turquoise-chair.jpg

DSCF4786.JPG

Christmas+holiday+table+decor+chandelier+-+tree+branch+chandelier+and+turquoise+table+with+white+metal+chairs+-+holiday+design+and+decor+-+interior+design.jpg

152278031120259381_GcHj0IXg_b.jpg

24699497927417276_ML3U18hN_b.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey, or white table legs like the pic you found, plus turquoise chairs? If you look for turquoise inspiration pics, can find lots. Or turquoise table legs, white chairs. Lotsa cheery possibilities. Don't fret. You have a nice new apartment, should be happy ya? Hey can you share your floor plan?

hey there adidaem, i tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. could you clear it? thnks :)

Congrats on getting such a big condo. :)

And I really like your design themes, can't wait to see the finished product! Jia you!

I've been thinking of getting some furniture from scanteak because I think their designs are quite nice and value for money.. Can you guys explain why you don't like their stuff? Is my taste really that bad? Haha.

As for your fully paid furniture, as long as they are not delivered I'm pretty sure you can either change them within their inventory or get a credit voucher which I've seen people sell here for about 10-15% discount. That way you can get your desired furniture and not lose too much..

TS

Adidaem your advice is great!!! you are right! My ID does care for the project despite a small budget and limited parts for him to work on. Lucky to have found him.

Well we paid full price for all the scanteak sets.. my ID had a hard time trying to browse the scanteak website and going through the various combination of stuff from scanteak and fitting it into our house...He recommends mountain teak and AIR... but my hubby is always so so busy and not into shopping. He simply just went to Tradehub 21 and buy buy buy...

My dad hates the furniture by the way... i feel so sad about the scanteak. :(

Originally my ID wanted to design a TV console to counter the sofa design... BUT...my hubby bought the TV console impulsively and from SCANTEAK :fire: ID still thinking of ways to counter those designs...

Hi lunareverie

Which I'd firm is jiawei fom?

jiawei is a interior designer that used to work in a well known commercial big firm. He now came out on his own to become contractor. He still 3d designs for independent clients as well. We got to know him from his mum, the curtains maker. We like his passion for the job. Can tell he cares a lot for his clients. He was the one who suggested painting the chairs...

Congrats on getting such a big condo. :)

And I really like your design themes, can't wait to see the finished product! Jia you!

I've been thinking of getting some furniture from scanteak because I think their designs are quite nice and value for money.. Can you guys explain why you don't like their stuff? Is my taste really that bad? Haha.

As for your fully paid furniture, as long as they are not delivered I'm pretty sure you can either change them within their inventory or get a credit voucher which I've seen people sell here for about 10-15% discount. That way you can get your desired furniture and not lose too much..

TS

Some items from scanteak are nice. The sofa we're getting is a design that scanteak had for 20years..... Haiz...my hubby loves it lor...I wanted to change to other more mordern scanteak design but he say no... No...

Gosh I love the turquoise chair adidaem!! I'll try to get some turquoise paint and paint an old ratana chair that I have to testing 123!

The Cheong Eames chair from Gmarket are cheap.... about $71 after using all the discount coupons. If its spoils then i think i'll not keep it. This makes me reluctant to change the chairs.... :no:

The Windsor chair is almost the same as the one they sell at Franc Franc and it retails at $300 each... thus i wanted to keep my Windor chair,...

Do u all find it very country style?

Agree - be careful of Gmarket Eames chair - i was at a friend's house gathering and a big sized friend (~90kgs) sat on the chair and the legs gave way!! the chair didn't break but the legs got more slanted and bent :unsure:

Hi all this is the floor plan that I had. I took a photo and post it. It has the lighting points drawn on it. What we're doing is minimal as most of the cupboards and stuff are done by developer.

8AB69CD7-53AA-4C69-AE6B-E55C0B2306F4-181-0000006494B1405D.jpg

I'm so happy to have a discussion here. More and more ideas are coming to me and i'm thrilled!

The kitchen is already in ready to use condition. All the cabinets, stove, sink etc are all provided by developer. We did not want to do anything to it as its still new and there is warranty of 1year

672CB011-2FD1-4499-A232-ED307CF37C77-181-000000550803ED42.jpg

The toilet is made I'd marble, it's the same for all units, cannot choose. But I intend to add a vanity trove in the common toilet.

746EA3C1-8A6C-4342-BF9F-7712D1261237-181-00000055438513C0.jpg

It's all down to personal preferences... I just like furniture designs from other stores better. Have a look at Air, Grafunkt, Mountain Teak, Pomelo, Commune & Journey East. If you don't mind rehabbed furniture, Like That One, Forar and Mad About Vintage. Or even the copycat ones like A Thousand Tales, Lorgans & Lush.

Gosh I love the turquoise chair adidaem!! I'll try to get some turquoise paint and paint an old ratana chair that I have to testing 123!

Not sure if spray painting or painting is better... you may wanna do some research into paint stroke marks etc. May be easier to get your ID to do for you cos you may need to sand down the lacquer and stuff before painting so that it lasts and looks good. I only did a mirror frame and thought it's not that easy... or I just don't have crafty hands lor. :rolleyes:

Because I love the balcony so much and decided not to spoil it with putting laundry on it. I need to install a pulley system in the kitchen outside the yard toilet...

Balcony today (feel its not glossy at all, may want them to do it again)

5FD65BDA-1691-4A34-AE99-94FD25914910-181-0000005570ED7204.jpg

Kitchen location to install pulley system

8C447F1F-52A3-4BB5-B1D9-F0B1AB2FDC88-181-000000550FF4497E.jpg

This should be the outcome, not my unit, my neighbour's picture. The system can retract back into the kitchen. they'll come install this Thursday :dribble:

91b8413275f8a63e24cb05fd41372b42.jpg

It's all down to personal preferences... I just like furniture designs from other stores better. Have a look at Air, Grafunkt, Mountain Teak, Pomelo, Commune & Journey East. If you don't mind rehabbed furniture, Like That One, Forar and Mad About Vintage. Or even the copycat ones like A Thousand Tales, Lorgans & Lush.

Not sure if spray painting or painting is better... you may wanna do some research into paint stroke marks etc. May be easier to get your ID to do for you cos you may need to sand down the lacquer and stuff before painting so that it lasts and looks good. I only did a mirror frame and thought it's not that easy... or I just don't have crafty hands lor. :rolleyes:

Woh! It's more than what I think. I thought of jus spray paint and test out the effect. Guess the old rattan chair can use to testing 123 first. Heng you tell me first :thumbs up: if not I blur blur Gan zheung buy spray paint to old n do it liao.

Hi Lunareverie

May I hv ur contractor's contact?

Many thanks in advance.

Ps: i love ur house new look!

Thank you so much for your complements. It's a long way, I need to make wise choices along the way and now trying to counter those furniture problems I have. I've Pmed you :yamseng: