Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lunareverie

Strictly Scandinavian Home

I think the colour is nice. But if you are contemplating to change it, why not consider a 2-tone colour (shades of blue/turquoise) for the chair?

Example:

dip-chair.jpg

Edited by Ramshackle

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The furniture came in. All from scanteak. As said previously...the furniture were bought before finding anyone to do out house... Impulsive... :disturb:

We think it looks safe la, we dressed it up with some cushions. Haven't fully dressmup the place yet. Any recommendations to get nice stuff besides franc franc??(near jurong pls cos hubby is super lazy)

Sofa, change to grey cover, like that not easy dirty.

7A1BA184-8165-4B98-B0BE-3570CE347AF2-158-0000003111CA5D7B.jpg

Cushions

DF2E48F6-61B1-4452-AA10-54B6FABE1D65-158-000000311B4778F9.jpg

The tv console (no tv, no player, no starhub, so didn't take full shot)

0E564A44-2E05-461F-8126-F1460026F26F-158-0000003116FB7321.jpg

Place is not fully furnished, no tv no DVD players no dining table, curtains coming in tomorrow...etc... Anyone got cheap tv lobangs to recommend?

Edited by Lunareverie

I think the colour is nice. But if you are contemplating to change it, why not consider a 2-tone colour (shades of blue/turquoise) for the chair?

Example:

dip-chair.jpg

Thanks for the tip. My hubby seems wanna kill my idea n wanna stop me from bringing the chair over :furious: I dunno if I should insist n just put it at the balcony. Will it really kill the look?

Hi Luna, glad to see that your Reno is going smoothly and I feel that the actual product is fitting in nicely. Very soothing feel. Can you comment on Jiawei handling of the whole project and how is the workmanship for carpentry and tiling work? Thanks

Hi lunareverie,

Can u share where u purchase the rattan chair? Thanks

Hi we got it at one of the neighborhood furniture shop at jurong. Forget the name of the shop, it sells various rattan items. Snoop around neighborhood furniture shop, they do carry this :yamseng:

Hi Luna, glad to see that your Reno is going smoothly and I feel that the actual product is fitting in nicely. Very soothing feel. Can you comment on Jiawei handling of the whole project and how is the workmanship for carpentry and tiling work? Thanks

Hi his capentery team is good, workmanship is good, with neat abs trimmings. My dad who is picky, is pleased with all the work, for my tracks in drawers, jiawei uses excel tracks.

The tiler that did my house was a chinaman, didn't talk to him much, but he is ok, workmianship is nice, plus he is diligent and doesn't really laze around. The painter Muthu is good, very meticulous in his job. As for curtain tracks, jiawei did it for us and his mum sewed our curtains.

We're still not done yet, i am still worried with the outcome. Sometimes its tough to create the feel, any wrong item added (eg cushions or chairs) can spoil the efforts.... Sweat... :bath:

Edited by Lunareverie

Hi, referring to one of the pic, do u all think the 2 side tables is not appropriate? Does it eats up the space?

Should I shift it somewhere, like I to bedroom as side table?

Please :help:

Hi we got it at one of the neighborhood furniture shop at jurong. Forget the name of the shop, it sells various rattan items. Snoop around neighborhood furniture shop, they do carry this :yamseng:

Thanks for the tip!

Love your place. I will be following your progress ;)

Oh my, beautiful feel u are getting for the living room with the grey sofa, the brick wall and beautiful sunlight!

Am going scandi theme when i do get my house next yr, will be checking your blog for more tips and knowledge!

loved you are so hands on getting down and dirty to get your rattan chair coloured! its a pity it dint turn out as turquoise you wished for.Just a little shade darker would have been perfect.

Seeing lotsa franc franc ornaments in the house, might have to take note control not to let it over be accessorised!

waiting to see more !

Yeah! U r spot on mr merry! I feel pressured on the over accessorized part. Some items r from ikea n I am gg to exchange it for some kitchen organizing compartments or bedsheets instead. I feel I buy too much things.

Constantly reflecting....

Hi, referring to one of the pic, do u all think the 2 side tables is not appropriate? Does it eats up the space?

Should I shift it somewhere, like I to bedroom as side table?

Please :help:

Hey, your place looks amazing!

The blue fabric on the white wall is simply beautiful. :)

Yes, 2 side tables will take up more space naturally. But if you do have the space for it I don't see why not.

Can we have more photos pleaseeee. :)

Hey, your place looks amazing!

The blue fabric on the white wall is simply beautiful. :)

Yes, 2 side tables will take up more space naturally. But if you do have the space for it I don't see why not.

Can we have more photos pleaseeee. :)

Thanks, i feel quite stressed up actually. sweat... sweat.. :wacko: I admire how some people can do it so effortlessly :dunno::bow: Cos i worry i put too much things. I will put more pics this afternoon. Most likely will trim down the accessories. Will try and exchange the items for some other things. Luckily Ikea has exchange policy and i have not removed any labels.

More photos, I added a mustard yellow stripped cushion

6fdd3b28ba5a9d3d6cb56d672f8becfc.jpg

I've trim down the deco part, I worry that I over accessorise, hence there will b no more additional items out on display except for a tv that will be mounted on the wall and a piano.

a7e0d2790e928b2acb40b28fae92acc2.jpg

Close up on the lourve arm chair, it also doubles up as an outdoor furniture.

61c8378978db7e1e682da2d1a4004505.jpg

The tv console, no tv feature wall, the tv will b wall mounted

83203F18-6713-4E54-A90B-6CA3F766611D-143-0000001EB4A383E1-2.jpg

Please give your honest opinion, I dunno if it's over or under accessorise. Should I cut down, add more accessories? Please give me your comments :help:

Edited by Lunareverie

The rubbish chute cabinet, the laminate looks like the one used by developer, perfect match, hard to tell the difference. It's a neater continuation. I was thinking of using white, but hubby wanted the wood laminate :argue:

A6E78706-3982-4D7B-A0B2-183FF291C681-143-0000001EBA127F02.jpg

Edited by Lunareverie