Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lunareverie

Strictly Scandinavian Home

More photos, I added a mustard yellow stripped cushion

6fdd3b28ba5a9d3d6cb56d672f8becfc.jpg

I've trim down the deco part, I worry that I over accessorise, hence there will b no more additional items out on display except for a tv that will be mounted on the wall and a piano.

a7e0d2790e928b2acb40b28fae92acc2.jpg

Close up on the lourve arm chair, it also doubles up as an outdoor furniture.

61c8378978db7e1e682da2d1a4004505.jpg

The tv console, no tv feature wall, the tv will b wall mounted

83203F18-6713-4E54-A90B-6CA3F766611D-143-0000001EB4A383E1-2.jpg

Please give your honest opinion, I dunno if it's over or under accessorise. Should I cut down, add more accessories? Please give me your comments :help:

love your space! i think it looks ok for now, don't think you need to worry about accessorising cos it should be more like a work in progress... sure you will collect more things as you go along, which is the fun part! can't wait to see the rest of your place.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The walls looks a bit bare, but overall looks fine. But I think the blackboard looks out of place in the balcony...

Don't do all your shopping now lar. Leave some space for future shopping loots. ;)

If not you can have a look at Robinsons (Centrepoint branch)?

love your space! i think it looks ok for now, don't think you need to worry about accessorising cos it should be more like a work in progress... sure you will collect more things as you go along, which is the fun part! can't wait to see the rest of your place.

I'm trying so hard to control...everytime i see something nice, i wanted to buy it so much but i afraid that i do not know where to put it in the house. I need to do carefully think twice.

The walls looks a bit bare, but overall looks fine. But I think the blackboard looks out of place in the balcony...

Don't do all your shopping now lar. Leave some space for future shopping loots. ;)

If not you can have a look at Robinsons (Centrepoint branch)?

Thanks for the tip, i'll take note on the blackboard. My dad wanted me to put paintings on the wall, i really dunno what paintings to put. I'm very bad at accessorising, i'm afraid of putting things that create a resort like look. Already now, i am at lost at creating the feel, the house looks like some "resort" or "scanteak" shop??...anymore tips? :help:

Edited by Lunareverie

Hey, I understand how it feels. I also tend to get stressed over creating the feel I'm after for my new home. But like how my husband always berate me, ultimately the most important is to make it feel like home. There are things that may seem out of place, but when you see it, it makes you smile and has the "that's so me" feel. Anyway, like mandj said, it's work in progress and you can shift the deco around as you settle in. I think the overall feel is there already :)

As for the paintings, you might want to consider something more casual? It seems that geometric/typography prints are very popular in the scandinavian blogs I browse. I think they might take away what you think of as resort feel? But of course you should like them before it goes up on the wall. It can double up as a fun DIY :)

:help:

Hi Luna,

Just want to let you know that I love your dining table and am trying high and low to find a version of it in Singapore :)

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. My dad and almost everyone at home is against the dining table. As for Jiawei, he is neutral about it, and say the fake eames chair will help..

I'm so glad :dancingqueen: i'll be bringing her along and match it with fake eames chairs. I will only migrate 2 windsor chair over.

You can find this dining table at Franc Franc. Its in their new Cruise collection. Or u can find the all white version at Furniture mall in a shop call "Country home" i think :yamseng:

Hey, I understand how it feels. I also tend to get stressed over creating the feel I'm after for my new home. But like how my husband always berate me, ultimately the most important is to make it feel like home. There are things that may seem out of place, but when you see it, it makes you smile and has the "that's so me" feel. Anyway, like mandj said, it's work in progress and you can shift the deco around as you settle in. I think the overall feel is there already :)

As for the paintings, you might want to consider something more casual? It seems that geometric/typography prints are very popular in the scandinavian blogs I browse. I think they might take away what you think of as resort feel? But of course you should like them before it goes up on the wall. It can double up as a fun DIY :)

I'll try to print some typographs and decorate it. I like using washi tapes , but i think my hubby will hate it. He prefers it blank or putting a piece he got from overseas (mostly asia countries) :bangwall: from the color scheme that the living room has, the teak wood finish is making it lean more towards those resort feel i think. Then if put the wrong painting, e.g. oil paintinf of coconut trees and boats.. wah the feeling totally weird liao...

suggestions?

Edited by Lunareverie

So one of the first design that we all agreed on is to dress up the living hall with a good ceiling design and BRICK WALL :sport-smiley-004:

Initially we're worried about the brick wall being too common, too many people will be doing it and outdated easily. JW (our ID) assured us that this shows that it's a good design and not likely to go out dated that easily. In fact the brick wall trend was around quite a while. We told him we wanted a realistic feel to the brick wall, hence stucco wall is definitely out. He suggested we use craft bricks, which are more ex but worth the price and workmanship. He gave us the quote and to our surprise, the quote was reasonable and definitely more better than other ID firms we approached.

We sign and confirm JW and the reno started on Children's day :dancingqueen:

I strted this t blog slightly late, hence i think its better to document each individual space

LIVING HALL

Bricks arrived straight after all the wiring works. Craft bricks where used :good::paint:

09959b8a52faea8e13843f2c55a0a9c9.jpg

Tiler laying the bricks (took him about 3 days)

40FD0FC9-350A-43FD-B01E-7BBA54E77C9D-64-0000000366CF026D.jpg

Finished product

C90F1446-3EE6-47E2-857B-C503D0B295DD-64-000000024EA5CC80.jpg

The brick wall is totally white, with tiniges if some peach brick which gives warmth. pardon the lousy iPhone pictures.

hi there - awwwwesome bricks wall you gt there!

mind to share the depth/width size of your l-box (cove light with eye ball downlights)?

bought similar tilt eye ball downlight but I'm afraid if my contractor will do big l-box :(

cheers!

:help:

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. My dad and almost everyone at home is against the dining table. As for Jiawei, he is neutral about it, and say the fake eames chair will help..

I'm so glad :dancingqueen: i'll be bringing her along and match it with fake eames chairs. I will only migrate 2 windsor chair over.

You can find this dining table at Franc Franc. Its in their new Cruise collection. Or u can find the all white version at Furniture mall in a shop call "Country home" i think :yamseng:

Thank you! I'll be sure to visit those 2 places this weekend.

All the best and yes, dont think too much on the decorations. It's your home and not an art piece so do what you feel right!

Thanks for the tip, i'll take note on the blackboard. My dad wanted me to put paintings on the wall, i really dunno what paintings to put. I'm very bad at accessorising, i'm afraid of putting things that create a resort like look. Already now, i am at lost at creating the feel, the house looks like some "resort" or "scanteak" shop??...anymore tips? :help:

There was a T-Blog recently called "whitehouse" if I remember correctly. Most of her furniture was from Scanteak too and it turned out very nice. :thumbs up:

Well I think there were some pieces from Air Division and Mountain teak too but she kept it very clean so it brought out the "Art" in the furniture.

With each extra piece of decoration, it either adds to the artistic look of the place or adds to the "clutter". Thats the one thing to be careful off.

hi there - awwwwesome bricks wall you gt there!

mind to share the depth/width size of your l-box (cove light with eye ball downlights)?

bought similar tilt eye ball downlight but I'm afraid if my contractor will do big l-box :(

cheers!

Hi i cant remember off hand. I think it is 6 inches?

There was a T-Blog recently called "whitehouse" if I remember correctly. Most of her furniture was from Scanteak too and it turned out very nice. :thumbs up:

Well I think there were some pieces from Air Division and Mountain teak too but she kept it very clean so it brought out the "Art" in the furniture.

With each extra piece of decoration, it either adds to the artistic look of the place or adds to the "clutter". Thats the one thing to be careful off.

Hi please send me the link, i tried looking for it, it seems that all the photos are not appearing. I wonder if i got the wrong link. Thanks a lot. :yamseng:

Took a pic of the study room,

Intially I wanted a mix of green and neutrals. after some rearranging, i took out all the greens and the room became very neutral/sand color.

130D8D5B-F4F6-4BDB-B952-148A087ABBAC-436-000000C828E5C1EC.jpg

(solid top will be light beige in color, there is no solid top on yet)

The shelf. I'm afraid of adding in other color that will disrupt the 'peace' of the color palette here.

4d2d0fdff1a458893edac71ff4c1ba5f.jpg

The shelf. I added a vase, but I think it does not serve is function... I found 2 small vases with geometrical details from franc franc, I am so so tempted to buy... Should I buy? Is this decoration too little or too much?

65d1f58b02533e83a6950df4279f0925.jpg

Edited by Lunareverie

272E0000-8C8D-4374-BB15-162F7DF4F1C6-436-000000C743D404A6-1.jpg

Hmmm i think it would look better with a green plant...you might want to consider putting some photos? Or some frame pictures? Or perhaps having decorations which reflects more of your personality?

Alternatively you can find some unique desk clock and a nice calendar...as it serves some purpose...

Edited by crypaz