Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lunareverie

Strictly Scandinavian Home

Comfort and practicality is also very important to us which is why we 'butt-tested' literally hundreds of chairs and stools before getting ours which we felt were a good mix of comfort and design.

Hmm... even my ID told me that I am very lucky. Hubby is very sweet, he knows I feel happy shopping. He told me my eyes will like brighten up when I step into a store that I like and then I'll totally lose track of time while checking out the furniture. So even tho we no longer need to buy furniture, he'll still bring me to places like TBL cos he knows that I really wanna go. Sometimes when I'm upset he'll even bring me to the Air store cos he knows I like to window shop there. :wub:

I dunno leh, I always thought ladies should have the prerogative to furnish the house... :P Our domain mah. Men just need to pay. :lol:

It's like... you don't expect the President of the United States to renovate the White House right? The First Lady will do it. :rolleyes:

But since you already got the sofa, just make the best of it ya? Put up pictures and other decorations to distract the eye and it should help... best is if you can arm twist your hubby into giving in and changing the model... like withhold *** for a month or something. LOL very evil me. :lol:

indeed you very luckyyyyy to have your hubby. my HTB will be grouchy and asking me to decide faster when looking for things.

cannot really take my own sweet time to look around and decide. rather go shopping alone sometimes :furious:

Lunareverie, your home loooking good. post up more pictures :dribble:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

indeed you very luckyyyyy to have your hubby. my HTB will be grouchy and asking me to decide faster when looking for things.

cannot really take my own sweet time to look around and decide. rather go shopping alone sometimes :furious:

Lunareverie, your home loooking good. post up more pictures :dribble:

Hi Redmoon, then shop yourself lor. I'm happier to shop alone sometimes. Hubby is ok with furniture (mainly cos plenty of seats I think) but not for clothes. Anyway with smartphones they can always surf the net while waiting... :rolleyes:

Hey Luna, what are your plans for the 4 rooms? But yeah I would not hack away the toilet... Would be important for future resale if this unit is not 'the one' (aka home to stay in till you meet the maker). I saw too many creatively configured HDB units when I was looking. So customized to the owners lifestyle that others will find it hard to use no matter how nicely renovated it is.

Lunareverie, love your condo layout .. I also looking for scandi theme design, I like swedish home and Ikea furnitures.

I just bought a resale 5 room hdb, have about 7 windows + 1 balcony .. will try to do some bay window cabinet design so can put plants and decorative stuffs .. Saw you have the same idea, looking forward to see your reno result.

1350453016-769885105.jpg

Due to budget constraint, we didn't get ID but just hired contractor. Scared that might not achieve what we want, coz contractor will just follow our instruction and we also have tight budget. I believed your ID will achive scandi theme that you want .. so will follow your t-blog to see more updates ~

Btw, can share how much d u bought for your big condo? 4 rooms are really attractive :dancingqueen:...

Hi Redmoon, then shop yourself lor. I'm happier to shop alone sometimes. Hubby is ok with furniture (mainly cos plenty of seats I think) but not for clothes. Anyway with smartphones they can always surf the net while waiting... :rolleyes:

but sometimes you need company who can give feedback and opinions. maybe he can't stand my indecisiveness :P

anyway i will have to do all the shopping by myself, he is not in SG most of times. zz

but sometimes you need company who can give feedback and opinions. maybe he can't stand my indecisiveness :P

anyway i will have to do all the shopping by myself, he is not in SG most of times. zz

Redmoonlight! Hi there! Same! my hubby not around most of the time in SG. :bangwall: so shopping is a chore to him. He is so practical and solution oriented that he will quickly and hurry to get things fron ONLY one location. Like settle once and for all.

Adidaem, your hubby is so so so so so sweet! :good: He knows u so well and will cheer u up in such a nice way. No wonder you get all the lovely stuff in your home and its all the time showroom status!!

Shopping for furniture takes a lot a lot of time and need to go to the shop more than once. Need to feel it, touch it, take picture, and communicate with contractor and ID on the pieces selected.

We are fortunate that JW gives valuable and practical suggestions that is tailored to our lifestyle. Not hard sell and want us to reno a lot alot that kind. Ours is really is just a small project, most ID firms dun even bother us.

• Like 1

Hey Luna, what are your plans for the 4 rooms? But yeah I would not hack away the toilet... Would be important for future resale if this unit is not 'the one' (aka home to stay in till you meet the maker). I saw too many creatively configured HDB units when I was looking. So customized to the owners lifestyle that others will find it hard to use no matter how nicely renovated it is.

Ya that is what hubby said, cos the resale value may not be as good as some ppl wants to see the bathtub...

BTW I have very very very weird planning for the 2 toilets (pardon me)... let me share

Master bedroom: bed + side table + a tall bench (need to take pic, very hard to descibe the look of the bench)

MBR cabinet : Hubby's clothes

MBR toilet : intend to occasionally use it. if not will use to hang dry clothes such as underwear

Bedroom 2 : 2 beds for the kids

B2 cabinet : will put all my newer clothes

B2 toilet : will put toyogo box which stores my kids clothes (i know this sounds silly but i hide the ugly box in the toilet)

Bedroom 3 : Guest room 1 bed from ikea (cheap one $99, will cover with bed spread to hide any ugliness)

B3 cabinet : will put all my extra older clothes and house my handbags

taken from ikea from my lonesome shopping

EB378191-28C2-4B2C-820E-3D2B0E1EF104-429-000000B53FEF3206.jpg

Bedroom 4 : Study room and play room (JW has designed a simple study table, haven't upload the 3D sketch)

B4 cabinet : will put in IKEA Trofast storage shelves in it to store all the kids toys. hide them away!

trofast drawers that will fit nicely into the cabinets

F712AFB4-02C5-4A49-B507-DDB6FFE54133-429-000000B54D8E9380.jpg

Hence living room and dining room will totally be clutter free and no sight of toys or laundry. Most of the items will be kept in the cupboard and toilets... out of sight out of mind...

Edited by Lunareverie

Is my space planning bad? I'm open to suggestions :yamseng:

Anyway back to the chair topic... I was thinking of using chair sliding socks, do u think it's cheesy?

Some examples...

0d62454ee67f3615f13676a4f1d432e7.jpg

af5f431f2677c12cf8c96c0505523674.jpg

3846c4bb8861ff5e089bcca68dab4835.jpg

b13f7f259dcd8c176fa89dd5f71879c3.jpg

Thinking of using different color ones or some simple patterned one for my chairs...what do u think? Cheesy? Yay? Nay?

Edited by Lunareverie

Adidaem, your hubby is so so so so so sweet! :good: He knows u so well and will cheer u up in such a nice way. No wonder you get all the lovely stuff in your home and its all the time showroom status!!

Shopping for furniture takes a lot a lot of time and need to go to the shop more than once. Need to feel it, touch it, take picture, and communicate with contractor and ID on the pieces selected.

We didn't really communicate with our IDs on furniture choices except for measurements... like I said, I prefer my selections and they have different taste than ours. But we did make multiple visits to stores cos it was really a learning experience. Don't buy from the 1st store you go to cos there are probably nicer/cheaper stuff out there (unless you happen to be very lucky and go to the right store immediately).

He is also happy to have a nice home... so not solely for my benefit. :P

8AB69CD7-53AA-4C69-AE6B-E55C0B2306F4-181-0000006494B1405D.jpg

Ya that is what hubby said, cos the resale value may not be as good as some ppl wants to see the bathtub...

BTW I have very very very weird planning for the 2 toilets (pardon me)... let me share

Master bedroom: bed + side table + a tall bench (need to take pic, very hard to descibe the look of the bench)

MBR cabinet : Hubby's clothes

MBR toilet : intend to occasionally use it. if not will use to hang dry clothes such as underwear

Bedroom 2 : 2 beds for the kids

B2 cabinet : will put all my newer clothes

B2 toilet : will put toyogo box which stores my kids clothes (i know this sounds silly but i hide the ugly box in the toilet)

Bedroom 3 : Guest room 1 bed from ikea (cheap one $99, will cover with bed spread to hide any ugliness)

B3 cabinet : will put all my extra older clothes and house my handbags

Bedroom 4 : Study room and play room (JW has designed a simple study table, haven't upload the 3D sketch)

B4 cabinet : will put in IKEA Trofast storage shelves in it to store all the kids toys. hide them away!

Hence living room and dining room will totally be clutter free and no sight of toys or laundry. Most of the items will be kept in the cupboard and toilets... out of sight out of mind...

Well... we really don't know enough about your family to advise on space planning. It's always very personal ya? Need details like age of kids, boy/girl, how much space you need for wardrobe, etc.

Anyway put all the details on one page for easy reference in case someone wants to try. What does your ID think?

Anyway back to the chair topic... I was thinking of using chair sliding socks, do u think it's cheesy?

Erm, I wouldn't do it. Plus the colour (of the chair) doesn't change enough. Might end up being a country looking chair + dining table with socks... But if you like it, then go ahead lar, it's your place so do what you please. It could end up looking nice no matter what others think. Like the lamp in my dining room and the kitchen counter chairs - my IDs hated the idea but we loved them and it turned out nice in the end. Sometimes just have to trust yourself. :D

Hi, just a humble suggestion. You can try the paint dip style for your chairs.

The whole chair is not painted, maybe only halfway up the legs, or just the backrest.

It updates the chair instantly. You can even choose a daring colour and give your place a pop of colour.

http://www.justthebeesknees.com/2012/04/trendy-tuesday-painted-dipped.html

Of course it is up to personal preference and not everyone may like it :)

Please show the curtains you have made!

Thinking of using different color ones or some simple patterned one for my chairs...what do u think? Cheesy? Yay? Nay?

If you are open to socks... why not try the dipped chairs idea that Minchul suggested? I'm generally not into the look, but I've seen some that are quite well executed. Examples:

Just legs:

dipped-chair7.jpg

Just tops:

Dipped-chairs1.jpg

Almost to the top:

1074_003A0B12A5AA4E31B529EA3524F23D910000355593000287331201000L9A42A73E845243289C9DCC290501156A.jpg

Love the dipping effect at the legs, was inspired by it!

As for the space planning, JW didn't say much cos it's personal preference, but the laundry idea was by him as he didn't want me to kill the look.

I was thinking of painting my rattan chair turquoise or mustard yellow and put it at the balcony... Dunno what color to choose to make it stand out a little.

Was inspired by this pic.

daf0367fd8e64e054ee3f6f917a36a08.jpg

I have a big map... Intend to put it up somewhere but I scared it will be tacky and cheesy... JW thinks some of my ideas r tacky and tries to stop me... :unsure:

74e3a3b4029bda7cb562559cdcacb179.jpg

68b24ad7ed69cdfb864ba48b1efa222c.jpg

But I feel my map not as nice... Again i worry I'm bringing in cheesy elects n kill the look. :bangwall:

Edited by Lunareverie

A pic of my bench to put into my masterbed room. JW will make planks to add onto the adjacent bars to turn it into shelves to hold books at our bedside. We felt it was a great idea and adding more fucntion to the bench stool.

My looks like the one one the extreme left n the one hiding under the table behind .

9C92448A-45ED-44E0-B30D-FC3A8B2A5F07-429-000000EC7797DC6F.jpg

It's medium tan timber color.

Edited by Lunareverie

You have so many ideasss for your home. Not like me, not much ideas :dunno:

For the map, since you already have it, can try to put it up and see how it looks.

If not suitable just take it down :P

to own a home means can do anything we want i guess :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by redmoonlight