Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lunareverie

Strictly Scandinavian Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I like your floorplan. Even discussed it with my colleague before cos it has 2 rooms with toilets. When is the planned move in date?

Some items from scanteak are nice. The sofa we're getting is a design that scanteak had for 20years..... Haiz...my hubby loves it lor...I wanted to change to other more mordern scanteak design but he say no... No...

If both you and your ID cannot accept that old sofa look then may be he needs to give in on this one. I like their newer range too. :)

I like your floorplan. Even discussed it with my colleague before cos it has 2 rooms with toilets. When is the planned move in date?

I felt that there are too mny toilets. My initial plan was to hack one toilet and make walk in wardrobe but hubby is super conservative n refuse all my ideas, insisting on keeping the toilets... :curse:

Finally he gave up the yard toilet to let JW convert it to a small laundry room...

We'll move in slowly as I live very near my new place, a stone's throw. Tentatively we target to move in by dec 1st and will b expecting my mother in law to come from Sarawak to come stay here for a few days during Christmas period.

The Reno is fine, it's the choice of furniture and lack of shopping which saddens me a lot...should have gone to AIR n take a look...

Lum May Yee's sofa is from AIR I guess (pic of her apartment)

b7ba036ae20e7ad9f009c547ed7e581a.jpg

If both you and your ID cannot accept that old sofa look then may be he needs to give in on this one. I like their newer range too. :)

I preferred the look of this sofa, a little more pointy the legs... Not the best of what I wanted but better than nothing... Again kena rejected...he say he paid for it so it's his choice :fire::jail::curse:

70334244ae2d7035d798b69002c4490c.jpg

Really no choice. JW ask me furnish it tastefully with cushions and other items, shift the focus from the sofa... It's the entire feel of the place. He even said a big TV can also divert the attention. :ph34r:

Aiyo, poor thing. I am so lucky that my hubby gives in to my choices. And drives me everywhere to shop. He's even become a bit of a furniture store expert after the gruelling experience.

Surely the fact that your ID and you (and your dad) hate the furniture tells your hubby that his taste is... erm, not the best? 8|

Yes Lum May Yee's sofa is from Air. She has quite a few stuff from Grafunkt too. You can browse the Air & Grafunkt designs online... but if you bring your hubby to Air I am sure he can tell the difference in quality... free parking in front of the Mt Sophie flagship btw. Just go and have a look.

I preferred the look of this sofa, a little more pointy the legs... Not the best of what I wanted but better than nothing... Again kena rejected...he say he paid for it so it's his choice :fire::jail::curse:

70334244ae2d7035d798b69002c4490c.jpg

Really no choice. JW ask me furnish it tastefully with cushions and other items, shift the focus from the sofa... It's the entire feel of the place. He even said a big TV can also divert the attention. :ph34r:

Ah this is the exact sofa I'm eyeing! I sat on it and just sank in.. Ahhh(just remembered how it felt)... Some of the other scanteak sofas didn't give me that "sinking in" feel.

As I'm a Scandinavian + wood person too I checked out many others like places like garfunkt, white woods, air, mountain teak and journey east... Not many come close that "sinking in" feel. I think that some of these "designer" furniture pay lots of attention to Form but miss out a bit on Function.

There must be a reason why the sofa your hubby chose has been selling for 20 years. I've a feeling it has something to do with the balance of form and function.. I'm not sure if any of these current designs can last even 5 years on their catalog.

And you don't need another reason to purchase a big TV. :P

Aiyo, poor thing. I am so lucky that my hubby gives in to my choices. And drives me everywhere to shop. He's even become a bit of a furniture store expert after the gruelling experience.

Surely the fact that your ID and you (and your dad) hate the furniture tells your hubby that his taste is... erm, not the best? 8|

Yes Lum May Yee's sofa is from Air. She has quite a few stuff from Grafunkt too. You can browse the Air & Grafunkt designs online... but if you bring your hubby to Air I am sure he can tell the difference in quality... free parking in front of the Mt Sophie flagship btw. Just go and have a look.

U r so lucky!!! Yr hubby will bring u shopping. :good: I read yr blog on Tan boon liat building... I was desperate to go there but hubby ended up In scanteak...@tradehub 21.

But Like what tortoisesg said, it's the form and function of the sofa that my hubby is attracted to. My hubby is v practical, he not into design. I feel sandwich at times and I dun have the final say... I dun exactly hate then sofa but after looking at more other brands. I feel that we should shop more and try more than buy it immediately... :~

Edited by Lunareverie

Ah this is the exact sofa I'm eyeing! I sat on it and just sank in.. Ahhh(just remembered how it felt)... Some of the other scanteak sofas didn't give me that "sinking in" feel.

As I'm a Scandinavian + wood person too I checked out many others like places like garfunkt, white woods, air, mountain teak and journey east... Not many come close that "sinking in" feel. I think that some of these "designer" furniture pay lots of attention to Form but miss out a bit on Function.

There must be a reason why the sofa your hubby chose has been selling for 20 years. I've a feeling it has something to do with the balance of form and function.. I'm not sure if any of these current designs can last even 5 years on their catalog.

And you don't need another reason to purchase a big TV. :P

Thanks for your input, ;) Hubby definitely goes for the form and function. I was rather reluctant as I wanted pointy legs, the one u like... but I had to give in cos I know if it's not his choice sofa, he would never sit on it at all... :bangwall: Cos currently our old Zen sofa was not his choice... He rather sit on the windsor chair :furious:

Edited by Lunareverie

Hi, just a humble suggestion. You can try the paint dip style for your chairs.

The whole chair is not painted, maybe only halfway up the legs, or just the backrest.

It updates the chair instantly. You can even choose a daring colour and give your place a pop of colour.

http://www.justthebeesknees.com/2012/04/trendy-tuesday-painted-dipped.html

Of course it is up to personal preference and not everyone may like it :)

Please show the curtains you have made!

jiawei is a interior designer that used to work in a well known commercial big firm. He now came out on his own to become contractor. He still 3d designs for independent clients as well. We got to know him from his mum, the curtains maker. We like his passion for the job. Can tell he cares a lot for his clients. He was the one who suggested painting the chairs...

Is he a registered hDB approve contractor?

U r so lucky!!! Yr hubby will bring u shopping. :good: I read yr blog on Tan boon liat building... I was desperate to go there but hubby ended up In scanteak...@tradehub 21.

But Like what tortoisesg said, it's the form and function of the sofa that my hubby is attracted to. My hubby is v practical, he not into design. I feel sandwich at times and I dun have the final say... I dun exactly hate then sofa but after looking at more other brands. I feel that we should shop more and try more than buy it immediately... :~

Comfort and practicality is also very important to us which is why we 'butt-tested' literally hundreds of chairs and stools before getting ours which we felt were a good mix of comfort and design.

Hmm... even my ID told me that I am very lucky. Hubby is very sweet, he knows I feel happy shopping. He told me my eyes will like brighten up when I step into a store that I like and then I'll totally lose track of time while checking out the furniture. So even tho we no longer need to buy furniture, he'll still bring me to places like TBL cos he knows that I really wanna go. Sometimes when I'm upset he'll even bring me to the Air store cos he knows I like to window shop there. :wub:

I dunno leh, I always thought ladies should have the prerogative to furnish the house... :P Our domain mah. Men just need to pay. :lol:

It's like... you don't expect the President of the United States to renovate the White House right? The First Lady will do it. :rolleyes:

But since you already got the sofa, just make the best of it ya? Put up pictures and other decorations to distract the eye and it should help... best is if you can arm twist your hubby into giving in and changing the model... like withhold *** for a month or something. LOL very evil me. :lol:

However JW is ver concerned that it may spoil the feel of the house and suggested replacing the chairs with the Eames chair....

4B487972-E1E7-464D-A91B-4B17FE1EFDAB-131-0000001138250D8A.jpg

I ordered 2 of this White Eames chair from Gmarket. Hoping to have a mismatch to the current set. What do you all think?