Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
FatFatFamily

A Single Mother's Dream Home

Thank you adidaem! Yours looks great too!

I like your airy & bright feel.. :D

Thanks, but yours is corner unit! COV is reasonable too. Sigh, super envious. Luckily none of my neighbours sell their corner unit around the time I bought mine, else I sure puke blood. Did you look for a long time for your unit?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks, but yours is corner unit! COV is reasonable too. Sigh, super envious. Luckily none of my neighbours sell their corner unit around the time I bought mine, else I sure puke blood. Did you look for a long time for your unit?

Ya.. I can imagine how you will feel if your neighbour sells their corner unit during your buying time.. Hee..

Hm, around 2 to 3 mths.. My housing agent works very hard..haha! I rejected many corner units because brightness & airy is very important.. My current unit is facing a big empty field, very cooling & windy. :D

To apply permit, because even collect keys liao, it takes 48 hrs for it to be effective under ur name in hdb system. Plus the fact that permit needs few days for approval.. Therefore, a total wait for 1 week before can start reno. Hence, by getting the seller to sign this form, contractors can apply permit under ur seller name first in order not to delay time. However, seller will be at risk if anything shall happen between the transition from seller's name to your name..

Aiyo.. I very "chong hei" hor? Haha

Yes that's right. It will be gd of u can get the owner to sign the indemnity form in front of hdb officer during 1st appt. of not, they my promise and end up not signing anything and in the end, you will have yourself to kick (which was what happened to me) at the end.

nice design from ur ID, simple n nice but white kitchen n toilet easy to maintain? im planning to get dark color for the ktichen n toilets...3 toilets to clean not a easy job...

Ya.. I can imagine how you will feel if your neighbour sells their corner unit during your buying time.. Hee..

Hm, around 2 to 3 mths.. My housing agent works very hard..haha! I rejected many corner units because brightness & airy is very important.. My current unit is facing a big empty field, very cooling & windy. :D

Ok lar, waiting for a corner EM in Queenstown can take years... which I can perfectly understand cos I wouldn't wanna sell if mine is a corner. Guess need to be very 'fated' and also have super deep pockets if wanna get a corner unit.

2 to 3 months is not bad at all. Yeah, airy is really important. Wait until Dec, like having natural aircon.

nice design from ur ID, simple n nice but white kitchen n toilet easy to maintain? im planning to get dark color for the ktichen n toilets...3 toilets to clean not a easy job...

I have both - dark marble kitchen counter top and white solid-surface for the bathroom counters.

I regret dark colours because it makes it hard to see spills, stains and ants running around. Given a choice I would go for white. Dark colours just hide stains.

Hi Batman.. Thanks!! :)

Hm, but if I remove the bottom panel, then leave the top panel there like very weird leh.. Any suggestions? Haha..

Hehe no suggestions wor... paiseh ah... perhaps ur ID can think of something lor....

anyway, if u like it, that's most impt. at most prepare a big blanket at the sofa area

for ladies who wear skirts lor... hehe

FatFatFamily, i also suggest to remove the reflective mirrors on the feature wall. it looks nice at a first glance. but when u watching tv, u will feel the reflection is irritating. Your focus point on the tv will be distracted.

I'd suggest to replace the top banner with laminate finishes, probably something similar to your coffee table or furniture. The bottom without will do since u have the tv console for the contrast.

Anyway, i spent about half an hour in tiles shop few days ago to select the tiles.. i mainly follow designers' comments haha

FatFatFamily, i also suggest to remove the reflective mirrors on the feature wall. it looks nice at a first glance. but when u watching tv, u will feel the reflection is irritating. Your focus point on the tv will be distracted.

I'd suggest to replace the top banner with laminate finishes, probably something similar to your coffee table or furniture. The bottom without will do since u have the tv console for the contrast.

Anyway, i spent about half an hour in tiles shop few days ago to select the tiles.. i mainly follow designers' comments haha

Hi angmoh! Thanks for your suggestion..

My ID will be changing the design, hope to receive it next week.. :)

It took me 6 hours at the tile shop today.. So tired!!

Some tiles that I really liked are out of stock, so my ID had to last minute change some of the colour schemes. He is very quick witted & creative to come out something new! Haha..

Part of it was also I was very stubborn. He was so patient and tried so hard to accomodate my requests.. Thumbs up to Victor! Staffs @ SURFACE, were very patient & helpful too! In the end, got all that I wanted!! Now, "ka jin serng nia" (legs are aching!) :D

Will upload the sample tiles soon..

Edited by FatFatFamily

My water feature at recess area.. This design is given few days ago, but my ID says he has a better design coming out next week!

Hassle free to maintain, ID customised it according to my laziness. haha!!!

waterfeature_zpsc3114dd3.jpg

My ID sponsored me 1 Foyer LED light for water feature. Sweet guy!! No picture taken.

Otherwise, whole house LED lightings are already quoted in the quotation.

1. Bought 3 LED lights (1 for downstairs toilet, 1 for common toilet, 1 for master toilet). No picture taken.

2. Bought 1 Crystal LED light for Dining area.

IMG_2179_zps3fee2957.jpg

3. Bought 1 "Ice Cube" LED light for Island table.

IMG_2181_zps1d20d150.jpg

Total cost $1750.

Edited by FatFatFamily