Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Hi where u get the bookshelves ? How much is it ? I intend to get two as well ?

Got them from Scanteak. I think they are having promotion, the bookshelves are slightly cheaper compared to when I bought them.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sigh, I miss my Kitchen Aid... Used to have a pistachio green one that's cute and retro-looking but left it with my sister when I came back. I considered buying another one in Singapore but the price is grossly marked up here!

Where did you used to stay in? Is kitchen aid really THAT good? I haven't try one before but it seems like everyone is raving about it :P

Managed to meet my contractor just now. He has to check with PE on whether the pillars can be hacked or not. Will definitely hack if it is possible. I want my kitchen to look more open! Not to mention hacking it allows my pretty peranakan tiles to be admired from the outside :P Now keeping my fingers crossed!

Also confirmed with him regarding our island - will do concrete base instead and use the 10x10 white tofu tiles on the sides!

Edited by bleucheeze

Tofu tiles? Haha is that what they are really called? Oh us, tofu about the same size, right? I am learning new stuff from you daily... Yesterday Samsung solid top, today tofu tiles :)

wat's samsung tiles? tried googling but no close result.

what's a kitchen aid good for? hmm.. i thot it's just a mixer.

Tofu tiles? Haha is that what they are really called? Oh us, tofu about the same size, right? I am learning new stuff from you daily... Yesterday Samsung solid top, today tofu tiles :)

Yes, that 10x10 is called tofu tiles... at least that's what the an huat guy and my contractor said.

wat's samsung tiles? tried googling but no close result.

what's a kitchen aid good for? hmm.. i thot it's just a mixer.

Not samsung tiles lah, but samsung brand solid surface. LG also has solid surface but more ex than samsung.

Er kitchen aid is a powerful mixer, I suppose? and it comes with many optional attachments, even one for ice-cream making! I haven't use one so I am not sure why exactly is it so highly raved. very pricey :bangwall:

Edited by bleucheeze

Yes, that 10x10 is called tofu tiles... at least that's what the an huat guy and my contractor said.

Not samsung tiles lah, but samsung brand solid surface. LG also has solid surface but more ex than samsung.

Er kitchen aid is a powerful mixer, I suppose? and it comes with many optional attachments, even one for ice-cream making! I haven't use one so I am not sure why exactly is it so highly raved. very pricey :bangwall:

I have been using a kitchenaid mixer for over ten years, and I swear by it...i was using a kenwood chef before that. It is very solid...it won't wobble around your tabletop....even when you knead bread in it. The motor is very powerful, and it will LAST. I LOVE IT

p/s: I have worked it non stop to bake 35 cakes in a day, and it was fine...i was doing this once a week for over two years...same machine...still happily slogging away

I have been using a kitchenaid mixer for over ten years, and I swear by it...i was using a kenwood chef before that. It is very solid...it won't wobble around your tabletop....even when you knead bread in it. The motor is very powerful, and it will LAST. I LOVE IT

p/s: I have worked it non stop to bake 35 cakes in a day, and it was fine...i was doing this once a week for over two years...same machine...still happily slogging away

Hi Vanessa, thanks for sharing! Nothing beats feedback from a chef n instructor! Wow, 10 years and still going strong? Do you use your kitchenaid for mixing pie/tart dough? I heard a food processor is better for this purpose as it can cut the cold butter into the flour well... If kitchenaid is good in doing this too, i may just buy one! then get a smaller food processor for making hummus, pesto etc instead.

Edited by bleucheeze

Where did you used to stay in? Is kitchen aid really THAT good? I haven't try one before but it seems like everyone is raving about it :P

I lived in the States for several years. And owned a Kitchen Aid mixer (Artisan series) for 5-6 years. Still going strong when I left it behind. It is heavy duty, powerful, and you can use it to mix dough for breads, whip cream, whip egg whites and my friends even used it to make meat balls (the type with springy texture). Won't wobble at high speeds even though it doesn't have those suction cup thingys at the bottom. I only use it for baking but you can buy other accessories to do other things (grind food, make ice cream etc).

Oh, and if you do decide to buy one, I recommend you buy a 3 quart bowl as well (the Artisan comes with 5 quart bowl). I find the 3 quart bowl very handy!

Edited by wangmow

I lived in the States for several years. And owned a Kitchen Aid mixer (Artisan series) for 5-6 years. Still going strong when I left it behind. It is heavy duty, powerful, and you can use it to mix dough for breads, whip cream, whip egg whites and my friends even used it to make meat balls (the type with springy texture). Won't wobble at high speeds even though it doesn't have those suction cup thingys at the bottom. I only use it for baking but you can buy other accessories to do other things (grind food, make ice cream etc).

Oh, and if you do decide to buy one, I recommend you buy a 3 quart bowl as well (the Artisan comes with 5 quart bowl). I find the 3 quart bowl very handy!

Thanks for sharing! Hmm... do you use it to mix tart/pie dough?

Woke up feeling uneasy this morning... this kitchen hacking thing is making me gan jeong... Started thinking of a plan B in case it is not hackable. Anyway, PE will make a trip down tomorrow with my contractor to check; think he doesn't wanna risk his license! *fingers crossed*

Both today and yesterday evening were spent at browsing/ buying stuff, it's tiring to do so after work! We went Mega Discount store yesterday, wanted to just browse (not buy) washing machines and TV, ended up ordering both on the spot! The salesguy wanna close the deal fast cos they were closing soon then, he suggested us to put down $100 deposit only, so onz lah! Just hope the same TV model won't be cheaper during this weekend pc show.

Tonight was spend looking at downlights, more or less firm on getting a particular white-frame design. Don't really like those contemporary looking nickel/glass frame in which light "spills" around the 4 edges. Next up, went McD to discuss our lighting and electrical point plans, machiam doing project! Totally concussed after that. in fact, my eyelids are closing as I am typing this... zz

Don't you find renovation tiring? Everyday at work we have to cheong for deadlines. After work, we continue to 'work' for our house. Between the 2, of course we prefer the latter!

Don't you find renovation tiring? Everyday at work we have to cheong for deadlines. After work, we continue to 'work' for our house. Between the 2, of course we prefer the latter!

Yah, the process is mostly enjoyable! I can foresee I'll have withdrawal syndrome after reno ends. bleah :P

both hands up and totally agree with you...i am tired like shixxxx

how i wish i can tune the time..to finish the renov asap!!! :seeya:

Yah, the process is mostly enjoyable! I can foresee I'll have withdrawal syndrome after reno ends. bleah :P

Yup then will Kay poh others Reno like me. Haha.... Then thinking of Reno again whatever that wasn't to your liking anymore. Poison !!