Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blitzk

Parquet Varnish Floor Costs

I am quoted $1200 by my ID to sand and varnish the parquet for 3 bedrooms (HDB flat). Sounds pretty expensive to me or is the quote reasonable?

Any recommendations on companies for varnishing?

TiA! :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am quoted $1200 by my ID to sand and varnish the parquet for 3 bedrooms (HDB flat). Sounds pretty expensive to me or is the quote reasonable?

expensive.

I'm asking Mr Wood to grid and vanish my 3 rooms today and will provide further update sometime later.

Hi

May i know how was the outcome? Im still looking around thought of engaging them. Whats the cost for 3 bedrooms?

Thanka

Hi

I was quoted even higher 1500 for 3 bedrooms. After reading the post here i think its very expensive.

So which company u engage with? And how much did u pay? Was the service good. Im still looking around so need some feedbacks

Cheers!

Quote Simon:

"So to give a rough guide. If your area is big and 2 coats of Melamine.

Per square feet, the market charge SGD2.50/sqft retail.

Please note that you have to add in the management/supervision cost and transport cost.

Normal transport cost is about sgd50/trip easily.

Manpower worker cost if it is skilled foreign worker is usually charged at sgd80/day.

Supervision charged are usually sgd100/day.

etc ... etc ...

Usually water-based coat is charged at SGD3.50/sqft retail."

Hi bro i'm confused by your calculation .. I passed by a paint shop and was quoted $35/L for water based lacquer.

According to the specifications on the container, it says the coverage of water based lacquer is roughly 10m2 / L which works out to be roughly 100 sqft/ L.

That should mean water based lacquers are $0.35/sqft and not $3.50/sqft, unless you mean $3.50 includes cost of labour, but you mentioned that "skilled foreign worker is usually charged at sgd80/day" ?

My understanding is that coatings are the smallest part of cost in the flooring works, $3.50/sqft sounds outright scary :jawdrop:

Just trying to clarify, thanks ;)

@indradarni

no there shouldnt be a difference. even if there is, not much.

@CChuan

$3.50psf includes labor and everything else, it is not for the water based coating only. btw, water based coatings require a min of 2 coats, recommended 3 coats. hence the cost is closer to $1psf than $0.35psf for the coatings alone.

@indradarni

no there shouldnt be a difference. even if there is, not much.

@CChuan

$3.50psf includes labor and everything else, it is not for the water based coating only. btw, water based coatings require a min of 2 coats, recommended 3 coats. hence the cost is closer to $1psf than $0.35psf for the coatings alone.

Thanks for the info morganwu ! :good:

My reno handyman said he'd do my 3 bedrooms plus teak living room floor for $100 per area, total $400. Sand & matt varnish. But he's doing other jobs, so said he'd charge me less for this job.

Hi there. I tried to PM u but to no avail, can u kindly PM me the handyman's no? Does he do polishin for marble floorin too?

My gf manage to get her 3 bedrooms re-varnish at only $450! So cheap!!! And she say she find the workmanship not bad too...

Hi lala. I tried to PM u but to no avail, can u kindly PM me the handyman's no? Does he do polishin for marble floorin too?

Guest Dan See

Hi , Call Mr Hong 98984533 , FB page : Hong Zhan Marble Polish & Parquet Varnish :good::good::good: