Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yunn26

A&a Renovation Of Semi-D - For 300K - Is This Reasonable? Attached Quotation

Hi,

We have an Old Single Storey Semi-D going through A&A - existing built up area about 1400 SF

Main changes include;

1) A completely new roof and a new 2nd floor extension declared as "Attic" so we are limited in terms of height increase and shape of the second floor ( must slope down at the back)- but save some money on the beam support requirements.

2) A staircase to the 2nd floor

3) New Front Porch and shelter

4) New Side extension and patio with shelter

5) New Outer kitchen with new shelter

6) Renewed living room integrating a dry kitchen at the front of the house

7) Re-tile the whole house and built in cabinets for all the bed rooms

To save some money, we are actually not going to touch half of the existing built up area. Hacking and Wetworks will only be done to half the house, the outside areas and roof to facilitate the NEW 2nd floor extension, new front porch, new patio and new rear kitchen.

The best quotation we have so far is 300K (excluding PE work) - to the best of my laymen knowledge, some items just seem pricey

1) New front porch shelter and side patio is the metal panel type ( like bus stop ) with c-section beam - 23K

2) Electrical Work - 18K

3) New Roofing - I have no idea what is "Lysaught" "Select Seam"- but it cost me 50K plus.

Trying very hard to see through the other items but not sure if reasonable.

I will attach the actual quotation in my next post - appreciate any eagle eyed analysis from the season bros here - any input is much appreciated for your guidance. - Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A DESIGN & SUPERVISION SERVICES

A.1 Proposed design and space planning services Lump Sum F.O.C

A.2 Proposed colour schemes, material and accessories selection Lump Sum F.O.C

A.3 Home style and decoration advices Lump Sum F.O.C

B HACKING / DISMANTLING WORK

B.1 Hack off existing whole house floor tiles (3 nos bedrooms, Living and entire backyard), excluded existing 2 nos toilets 1100sqft

B.2 Hack off existing carporch floor tiles & foyer area tiles 490sqft

B.3 Hack off existing dropped concrete at side backyard including entire side backyard tiles 560sqft

B.4 Hack off wall at existing boy's rm, entire side wall before Boy's room & partial front Living wall 44ftL

B.5 Labour & materials to excavate earth at Outdoor side patio & side carpark grass land 2 lots

B.6 Dismantle existing door & door frame at existing Mstr, Living entrance & existing living aluminum folding door 3 lots

B.7 Dismantle existing ceilings at entire house Lump sum

Total Hacking / Dismantling works $13,800.00

C CONSTRUCTIONS / WET WORKS

Entire Ground Floor

C.1 Supply labour to lay polish floor tiles at Whole house interior (living (up to $3.50psf) 1370sft $13,015.00

C.2 Supply labour to lay non-slip floor tiles at entire Backyard area including maid rm (up to $2.80psf) 680sqft $6,120.00

C.3 Supply labour & materials to construct low height redbrick walls c/w sink & stove support

with tiles finish (Wet Kitchen), if using granite top (add $1650)11ftL $3,250.00

C.4 Supply labour & materials to contruct kitchen, Fridge & washing machine bases 3 lots $950.00

C.5 Supply labour to lay homogeneous floor tiles at carporch area (tiles up to $3.00psf) 690sqft $6,210.00

C.6 Supply labour & materials to lay homogeneous floor tiles at Patio area (tiles up to $3.00psf) 360sqft $3,240.00

C.7 Supply labour & materials to construct full height redbrick walls c/w cement plastering

(at Main entrance, boy's room, Maid rm, patio & Dry kitchen 60ftL $6,000.00

Master Toilet (tiles up to $2.80psf)

C.8 Supply labour to lay homogeneous floor tiles c/w waterproofing at Master Toilet Lump Sum $850.00

C.9 Supply labour to lay homogenoues wall tiles at Master Toilet 330sqft $2,970.00

Others Construction works / Structural works

C.10 Supply labour & materials to construct R.C slab concrete at entire side of house 10mL x 4.5mW (

patio area) & Dry kitchen extension 490sqft $7,840.00

C.11 Supply labour & materials to construct R.C slab concrete at partial carpark area 3.6mW full length(6mL) 230sqft $3,680.00

C.12 Supply labour & materials to do garage c/w with metal roofing and concrete slab

at side backyard garden area (6ftW x 8ftL) 1 lot $3,900.00

C.13 Supply labour & materials to construct Aluminum composite panel c/w "C-section" metal beam at

Carpark roofing (7mL x 5mW) & Side patio roofing (10.5mL x 5.5mW) 2 lots $23,000.00

C.14 Supply labour & materials to construct Metal beam structure covered with Aluminum composite panel

c/w false ceiling at entire backyard area (4.5W x 12mL) c/w partial polycarbornate

at laundry area (2.7mL x 1.5mW) - work to be done after CFC 2 lots $9,860.00

Roofing & 2nd floor (Loft)

C.15 Supply labour & materials to construct hollow section metal beam structures & steel purlinfs covered

with fibre glass insulation & aluminum foil covered with metal roof in Lysaught "Select Seam"

c/with false ceiling including dismantling existing clay roofing for entire house incl,

4ft x 6ftL tempered glass (sky light) Lump Sum $55,000.00

C.16 Supply labour & materials to do metal beam structure c/w 25mmthk wooden plank on 2nd floor

covered with laminate finishing for entire 2nd floor (excluding Master toilet) 570sqft $18,240.00

C.17 Supply labour & materials to construct Metal stucture staircase c/w mild steel railing 1 set $11,000.00

C.18 Supply labour & materials to construct slab at Master toilet c/w redbrick wall Lump Sum $4,000.00

C.19 Supply labour & materials to construct wall at new Master Room & both sided

of wall for height increase Lump Sum $9,000.00

Total for Constructions / Wet Works $188,125.00

D CEILING / CORNICES WORK

D.1 Supply labour and materials to install false ceiling at entire ground floor Lump Sum $5,600.00

D.3 Manhole for toilets 3 lots $ 450.00

Total for Ceiling / Plaster board work $6,050.00

E PAINTING / PLASTERING WORK

E.1 Supply labour & materials to do whole house painting interior with Nippon emulsion paint 2storey $4,400.00

E.2 Supply labour & materials to do whole house painting exterior with Nippon weatherbond Lump Sum $3,400.00

E.3 Rental of scaffolding (bamboo) 1 lot $5,800.00

Total for Painting / Plastering work $13,600.00

F PLUMBING WORK

F.1 Supply & run new copper piping (concealed) for Mstr Toilet & 1 no Dry & wet Kitchen 3 lots $3,600.00

F.2 Supply labour to install storage water heater for Master toilet 1 lot $110.00

F.3 Supply labour to install kitchen sink & tap (dry & wet Kitchen) 2 lots $220.00

F.4 Supply labour to install W.C for Master toilet 1 lot $100.00

F.5 Supply labour to install wash basin and taps for Master Toilet 1 lot $80.00

F.6 Supply labour to install washing maching tap & wash area tap 2 lots $160.00

F.7 Supply labour to install shower mixer for Master Toilet 1 lot $80.00

F.8 Supply labour to install bathroom accessories for Master Toilet 1 lot $80.00

F.9 Supply labour to install spray gun for Master toilet 1 lot $50.00

F.10 Supply labour and materials to add New toilet (sewage piping) for upper floor Master toilet 1 lot $2,200.00

F.11 Submission for CCTV scan to existing sewage piping fee required (estimated $1.5K - $1.8K) - pay separately

Total for Plumbing work $6,680.00

G CARPENTRY WORK

Carpark area

G.1 Design, fabricate and install full height (up to 2.4mH) suspended shoe cabinet with laminate finish 6ftL $1,680.00

G.2 Design, fabricate and install suspended shoe settee with laminate finish 5ftL $450.00

Dry Kitchen

G.3 Design, fabricate and install full height (up to 2.4mH) tall unit & above fridge with laminate finish 4ftL + 1ftL $2,100.00

G.4 Design, fabricate and install top & bottom cabinet with laminate finish at Dry Kitchen 6.5ftL + 6.5ftL $1,820.00

G.5 Supply labour and materials to install solid top for dry kitchen 6.5ftL $617.50

G.6 Design, fabricate and install island counter (900mmD) with both sided laminate finish 6ftL $1,920.00

G.7 Supply labour and materials to install solid top for island counter (900mmD) 6ftL + 3ftL $855.00

Bedrooms

G.8 Design, fabricate and install full height (up to 2.4mH) casement wardrobe with laminate finish with

internal white PVC finish, if using internal PU finish add $30/ftL 6.5ftL+7ftL+6.5ftL $5,200.00

Back Hall / Wet Kitchen

G.9 Design, fabricate and install full height (up to 2.8mH) storage cabinet with laminate finish 9ftL $2,520.00

Master Room

G.10 Design, fabricate & install full height (up to 2.4mH) casement wardrobe with laminate finish, if using internal PU finish add $30/ftL 42ftL $10,920.00

G.11 Design, fabricate & install suspended vanity cabinet with laminate finish c/w solid surface at Master toilet 4ftL $940.00

G.12 Supply labour & materials to install 3ftH clear mirror c/w plywood backing at Master toilet 4ftL $540.00

G.13 Design, fabricate and install full height (up to 2.4mH) open book shelves with laminate finish at

Study area with both sided laminate finish 9ftL $2,520.00

Total for Carpentry work $32,082.50

H DOOR / GLASS / ALUMINUM WORK

H.1 To install (up to 2.4mH) aluminum sliding glass door at Patio area with corner aluminum frame

c/w 10mm thk fixed tempered glass beside main entrance 16ftL + 10ftL $6,080.00

H.2 To install 5ftL New Main Door (Veneer finish) with solid nyatoh door frame

(security lock to be purchased by owner) 1 set $2,800.00

H.3 To supply labour & materials to install timber door & door frame (Master Bedroom & Master toilets),

(Store rm, Front room & Maid room) 5 sets $4,900.00

H.5 Supply labour & materials to install (up to 2.1mH) frameless 10mm

tempered glass sliding door at new Study room 11ftL $2,695.00

H.6 Supply labour & materials to install 2 layered aluminum top hung window with powder coated

and frosted glass at Master toilet (28" x 30") 1 set $480.00

H.9 To supply labour & material to install 10mmthk fixed tempered glass at Master Toilet shower 3.5ftL $686.00

H.11 To supply labour & materials to install (up to 2.4mH) aluminum powder coated sliding glass door at Mster 7ftL $1,680.00

H.12 To supply labour & materials to install (up to 1.8mH) aluminum powder coated casement window at side Study area 6ftL $1,080.00

Total for Door / Glass / Aluminum work $20,401.00

I MISCELLEANEOUS WORK

I.1 Sand purchases, haulage services & uplifting of goods to designated site Lump Sum $1,500.00

I.2 Clearing off renovation debris for whole unit Lump Sum $1,050.00

I.3 Floor protection after tiling work Lump Sum $650.00

I.4 General Cleaning and Acid washing on tiles (2 times washing) Lump Sum $900.00

$4,100.00

J ELECTRICAL WORK (light fittings to be purchased by owner)

Electrical works for rewiring work (estimated), advise to stay electrical at present position, However, to request upgrade of electrical power to extra phase frm PUB, (charges to be paid to PUB directly, estimated $1K - $1.5K) Lump sum $18,000.00

J.1 New Lighting point (additional) 70 nos

J.2 cat 6 wire point 2 nos

J.3 Additional Socket point (1 x 13Amp) 12 nos

J.4 Additional Socket point (2 x 13Amp) 18 nos

J.5 20Amp Isolator point (aircon) 3 nos

J.6 Telephone point 2 nos

J.7 SCV point 3 nos

J.8 TV antenna 2 nos

J.9 Change of New D/Box 63Amp 15 ways 1 set

J.10 Change of New D/Box 63Amp 25 ways 1 set

J.11 Installation of light fittings 70 nos

J.12 Installation of fan & fan point 6 nos

J.13 Water proofing point 3 nos

J.14 change of all old switches to New Designer switches for whole house Lump Sum

J.15 Redo Lighting protection 1 lot

J.16 16mm earth point 1 lot

J.17 hacking & concealing (additional work) Lump Sum

Grand Total For The Above Mentioned Renovation Work $302,838.50

Goodwill Discount $(2,838.50)

Total Amount of Renovation work after Discount $300,000.00

Singapore dollars: Three Hundred Thousand only

K OTHERS:-

K.1 Professional Engineering Fees Lump Sum $15,000.00

Terms of payment:- Please find the attached schedule of payment as follows)

25% upon signing of contract

15% upon starting of work

10% progressive of work

20% progressive of work

25% upon fabricating of carpentry

5% upon handover

Hi Yunn26, how is your project going? Did you pick the quote you linked above in the end? Do share!

Hi Bunny

Nice of you to notice my on going project - I was JUST ABOUT TO CONFIRM with my ID yesterday - but she drop me so many surprises - I may need to RE-Consider using someone-else - but i will need to go back to the drawing board all over again!!

BTW, I have been planning a reno for 5 years now - slowly getting bigger and bigger..

Hi Bunny

Nice of you to notice my on going project - I was JUST ABOUT TO CONFIRM with my ID yesterday - but she drop me so many surprises - I may need to RE-Consider using someone-else - but i will need to go back to the drawing board all over again!!

BTW, I have been planning a reno for 5 years now - slowly getting bigger and bigger..

Interesting.

But why use an ID and not a builder? (of course, the ID would still use a 'builder' to do the wet works)

I would really want to avoid the proposed method of building the 2nd storey floor. Incidentally, my ID (who only did the ID part of my house) took an 'A&A' project for another client and did the same method. He invited me over to the site for some inputs of the result, and frankly I scolded him for having done it that way. The whole floor felt hollowed, unlike when one step on a concrete floor.

Just my 2-cent comment.

Cheers!

Interesting.

But why use an ID and not a builder? (of course, the ID would still use a 'builder' to do the wet works)

I would really want to avoid the proposed method of building the 2nd storey floor. Incidentally, my ID (who only did the ID part of my house) took an 'A&A' project for another client and did the same method. He invited me over to the site for some inputs of the result, and frankly I scolded him for having done it that way. The whole floor felt hollowed, unlike when one step on a concrete floor.

Just my 2-cent comment.

Cheers!

I never found a builder that would double up project manager and designer - its a big place..i just never found one - ( maybe budget also has something to do with it)

We were doing an A&A all the way (until the last minute) when my designer realized her estimation for A&A all off, so I have to re-classify as Reconstruction and pay fees of S$28K - instead of S$15K for A&A.

I was- wait - I AM most annoyed by the fact that it was going to an A&A design but signed off as Reconstruction! So I get her to tweak the design to a full 2nd floor wit full height ceilings and maximize the entire 2nd floor (without the 50% A&A constraints)

Which also explain why the 2nd level is not concrete - was not a RECON to begin with - then again..I am sure a full level concrete slab will cost alot more then what I am paying for this method ( 20K plus Vs ?)

Edited by yunn26

BTW - My PE also just fly 747 on me.

So I am missing of 2 persons to do the RECON PERMITS

1) PE to do Drawings - S$7K ( Need One )

2) Architect Chop - S$7K ( Need One )

30 Submissions - S$7K ( Have )

Anybody can recommend someone to do part 1 and 2?

and costing similar?

Thanks!!!

Hi, I am also looking for PE for more minor A&A work- roofing and some hacking only... No budget for big A&A with extra floor etc... :(

Appreciate if forumers can recommend? Hoping to keep PE cost as low as possible.

Tks in advance!

BTW - My PE also just fly 747 on me.

So I am missing of 2 persons to do the RECON PERMITS

1) PE to do Drawings - S$7K ( Need One )

2) Architect Chop - S$7K ( Need One )

30 Submissions - S$7K ( Have )

Anybody can recommend someone to do part 1 and 2?

and costing similar?

Thanks!!!

Professional engineer's fees for job does not take into consideration the size (in the case of landed houses).

There are many responsibilities to be undertaken when submission is require.

As the saying goes... You pay peanut, you get monkey!!!!

So far in all our design & built projects, the cost of consultants is about 30~35K.

Do considered the bigger picture or you might end up with someone of inital lowest peanut cost & having force to fork out extra in the end because most major submission not included.

Don't save on PE cost or you may end up burning a bigger hole in your pocket!Can cut cost on other,like carpentry & electrical,my friend done up his recently@better pricing PSF compare to your when I calculated...

Edited by stardreamsg

Never chose the cheapest as it will turned out to be a sloppish job and poor quality finishing which you will pick up the pieces and reminification after you moved and stay there for a long long time.....

Cheap doesnt equates to good...

Never chose the cheapest as it will turned out to be a sloppish job and poor quality finishing which you will pick up the pieces and reminification after you moved and stay there for a long long time.....

Cheap doesnt equates to good...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not trying to be funny. But if we call for tender, and get say 3 quotes. High, Medium, Low. Does it mean we can only pick medium and high?

Edited by fcar