Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We ran out of space at home and still having itchy fingers to decorate more, we invaded our common corridor :D

10608604336_bf94f45765.jpg

Plant invasion! by Makanology, on Flickr

Looking forward to fill up this rack with more cooking greens eg onion!

We are lucky to have only 4 households at each level and our 3 neighbors all have green thumbs. Think we have the 'greenest' corridor for the whole block, full of plants of various types!

Nice kitchenaid!!! I couldn't resist it & finally ordered a one in cranberry color...can't wait for it to be delivered!!!:)

Thanks! Show us some pix when your Kitchenaid is here :)

Hi Sappyd, you are referring to this right?

8497010047_166ab91bc2.jpg

Bakelite switches by Makanology, on Flickr

We bought this from an Australia website: www.waggarestorationcentre.com.au

Do note that you need to buy also the mounting board (ie wooden base) for the Bakelite switches to be mounted on. Also check with your electrician that they know how to install this. Hope this helps :)

Oh each cost around AUD14 and it already comes in white. The price excludes the mounting board (AUD9 - 20) depending on the number of switches you are configuring together. If you stay in private residence, then maybe you can build in the switch and thus, the mounting board is not needed.

Your dog is cute! Did you name her Leia after Princess Leia in the original Starwars in the 80s?

Microwave ovens cannot make it for baking unless they come with convection function. Not sure if you know this but if you do use baking recipes you find online for example, the temperature stated in the recipe may not be right for you because the voltage, type of oven is one reason why the temperature differs in baking cakes/cookies.

Usually I set the temperature by 10-20 deg lower. For some, if the heat is not strong, they will set the degree slightly higher as an adjustment. Great effort with the butter cake! I love the kitchenaid in varying colors but didn't want to spend alot for a kitchenaid back then when I was looking for a mixer replacement so I bought a Buffalo mixer instead. Maybe next time I get a kitchenaid when my current buffalo mixer spoils.

Oh each cost around AUD14 and it already comes in white. The price excludes the mounting board (AUD9 - 20) depending on the number of switches you are configuring together. If you stay in private residence, then maybe you can build in the switch and thus, the mounting board is not needed.

Thanks for the info.. Im a 3 roomer too.. But a BTO.. Will be ready nex yr.. Anw.. Nice home u have.. :)

Hi BunBun, you are good! Not many people has heard of the name, Leia unless they watch Star Wars :) Leia's long ears remind us of Princess Leia's hair buns!

I think our microwave doesn't come with convention facility. That's why for the butter cake, we used our convention oven instead which worked, phew! We actually broke part of Philips hand blender (we knew we were pushing our luck using that to mix the flour, eggs etc) so I succumbed to the lust of the Kitchenaid.

Now we have friends inviting themselves to our place to bake lol

Thanks for the info.. Im a 3 roomer too.. But a BTO.. Will be ready nex yr.. Anw.. Nice home u have.. :)

Welcome to the 3-roomer club and thanks for your kind words :)

The Bakelite switches are really nice but cost higher than the usual switches. So we only fix them sparingly (4 for living room & 1 each for the 2 bedrooms).

Hi BunBun, you are good! Not many people has heard of the name, Leia unless they watch Star Wars :) Leia's long ears remind us of Princess Leia's hair buns!

I think our microwave doesn't come with convention facility. That's why for the butter cake, we used our convention oven instead which worked, phew! We actually broke part of Philips hand blender (we knew we were pushing our luck using that to mix the flour, eggs etc) so I succumbed to the lust of the Kitchenaid.

Now we have friends inviting themselves to our place to bake lol

Makanology, the original starwars movie should be familiar for those born in the 70s-80s actually. The first movie was from 1977 but the most memorable movie, that made the most impact and was probably the fantasy of every teenage boys' dreams at the time back then was the one from 1983 lol. But her hair buns really are iconic too. Edited by BunBun

Makanology, the original starwars movie should be familiar for those born in the 70s-80s actually. The first movie was from 1977 but the most memorable movie, that made the most impact and was probably the fantasy of every teenage boys' dreams at the time back then was the one from 1983 lol. But her hair buns really are iconic too.

and can we not forget the "sexy" jabba the hut.... *shudder*

and can we not forget the "sexy" jabba the hut.... *shudder*

LOL, more like the slimey, fat glob in a loincloth japanese style? :bleah: