Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Allo

Greycat & Brownmse New Hme

wah..meaning your plumber really lousy leh - plumbers work with wall tiles every day cos whenever they run pipes it's either in the kitchen(wall tiles) or in the toilet(wall tiles) that requires drilling.

Yah lor!!...I find dat so far, my contractor own ppl do work is ok, but when it comes to his sub-con such as windows contractor...cmi...sigh...still waiting for them to change my windows le...

Could it be becuz of the lousy tiling done by HDB contractors? Hubby suspect the tiling wasnt done properly neh.... :unsure::unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yah lor!!...I find dat so far, my contractor own ppl do work is ok, but when it comes to his sub-con such as windows contractor...cmi...sigh...still waiting for them to change my windows le...

Could it be becuz of the lousy tiling done by HDB contractors? Hubby suspect the tiling wasnt done properly neh.... :unsure::unsure:

drilling got nothing to do with the workmanship of tiling. unless the tiles are HOLLOW.

do ask your contractor/hubby to check the floortrap in the toilet(did they cement it properly?), plus all the vertical pipes, the sides of the main sewage pipe. Try to silicon all of them, whatever small gap you can see(especially vertical ones). for me, my toilet was leaking after we move in for 3-4 days... I just heckcare and silicon EVERY vertical pipe. leaking was bad, all hdb 's fault - end up still need to do grouting/waterproofing.

Go and buy those CLEAR water proof silicon - i will try to post a pic tonight.

i have yet to hear any hdb contractor doing a decent job - let alone a good one.

drilling got nothing to do with the workmanship of tiling. unless the tiles are HOLLOW.

do ask your contractor/hubby to check the floortrap in the toilet(did they cement it properly?), plus all the vertical pipes, the sides of the main sewage pipe. Try to silicon all of them, whatever small gap you can see(especially vertical ones). for me, my toilet was leaking after we move in for 3-4 days... I just heckcare and silicon EVERY vertical pipe. leaking was bad, all hdb 's fault - end up still need to do grouting/waterproofing.

Go and buy those CLEAR water proof silicon - i will try to post a pic tonight.

i have yet to hear any hdb contractor doing a decent job - let alone a good one.

Sound so scary... :unsure:

Okie dokie, will do that tonite, be gog to my hse...

So far, we haf cleared up our toilet, everythg seems dry lah...

My hubby was saying smethg abt the cement that they use for the tiling.... :unsure:

When my plumber was drilling, he told my contractor dat he canot do it, sure crack the tiles wan...

My contractor oso scream at him...(what do u mean u cant drill?? As per usual lah...)

den he reali crack all my tiles...sigh.... :dunno:

Thank god dat downstrs neighbor neber complain so far, I take it dat no leaking so far cuz dwnstrs got ppl staying wan....

Thanks mace! :bleah:

My hubby was saying smethg abt the cement that they use for the tiling.... :unsure:

hbd contractors used those 3 in 1 mixture that contains so-claimed waterproof + white cement + cement

they called it waterproof cement - just full of bollocks. the worst method to do a toilet.

When my plumber was drilling, he told my contractor dat he canot do it, sure crack the tiles wan...

My contractor oso scream at him...(what do u mean u cant drill?? As per usual lah...)

den he reali crack all my tiles...sigh.... :dunno:

sorry for being harsh - your contractor should know if not print out the webpage below to show him.

http://www.diydata.com/tool/drillbits/drillbits.php

the plumber should be using a drillbit meant for bricks/concrete to drill the tiles - workmanship no good of cos crack will the tiles.

the ONLY situation whereby a wall full with tiles cannot be drilled is that they are HOLLOW. as long as they are NOT HOLLOW - sure can be drill. Just that they refuse to use the correct drill bit.

this is a drill bit for drilling tiles - $4 BIG sg dollars -every expensive meh?

so is he using this??? :bleah: I dont think so :unsure:!

6308308.jpg

Harlow Mace Bro,

Im mre inclined to thk its the HDB contractor fault lah....my tiles canot b hollow though, cuz we teared dwn the old tiles n retile wan, its not tile on tile....

technicalities I haf to go back n ask my sub-sub-con Hubby liao... :notti:

My poor poor toilet.....now can poopoo but cannot flush :deal:

:notti::wub: if poo poo can't flush how???

the halfshower screen idea is very tempting

but can only do for my MBR coz dear hdb had to put the WC next to the window

so my shower set is opposite :deal:

:(:P if poo poo can't flush how???

the halfshower screen idea is very tempting

but can only do for my MBR coz dear hdb had to put the WC next to the window

so my shower set is opposite :sport-smiley-004:

Now go to my newhse canot do big business, can oni do small business lor... :jawdrop::yamseng:

I think I noe what u mean liao, my common toilet oso...basin, den WC, den showerhead but on oppo side.....But u got old folks at hme, mabbe dont put better, if slip dwn, can easily kena bruise... My common toilet oso no shower screen no showerkerb...easier to move ard I feel...

Sme quick updates for tonite...brought sme stuff dwn newhse n found the window sub-con there, managed to complain abt the window locks! And hah! The window sub-con ownself broke his lock tdy himself!! For the 3rd time!! :sport-smiley-004:

At least he noes where;s the problem now and at least my windows r all properly changed to the no-tint type, :sport-smiley-004:

A picture of my scvs balcony/kitchen window + grill

28082007001.jpg

Also installed my common toilet Bifold door

A picture of it w/o lights on...supposed to be white color le...but end up abit purplish..dunno why oso...

Then a picture of it with toilet lights on

28082007003.jpg

28082007004.jpg

My 2 spare dining chairs... :bangwall:

28082007002.jpg

Some cracked tile pictures in my common toilet to show bruder Mace

Picture (1) where my WC shd be.....

28082007005.jpg

Picture (2) Underneath the common toilet sink, pipes not installed yet

28082007006.jpg

Dats all folks!

u see the bi-fold door panelling behind got protective film layer that can tear off anot? maybe datz the thing dat cause the purple tint? new plastic pannelling got this thing one.prevents scratches on the panelling before and during installation.supposed to be torn off after dat... :yamseng:

Some cracked tile pictures in my common toilet to show bruder Mace

:yamseng: bunch of idiots - might as well use HAMMER and NAILs like applefreak's eubiq installers.

tell them to use a tiles drill bit.

your bifold doors same same as mine leh - !! nice hor?

Edited by MaCe

Harlows...

haha..mace bro, my tiles sibei jiarat rite? nobody can fight liao I think.... :yamseng:

dats why all my toilet accesories never put up lor... !!

Yup, like the bifold door....but we thot it shd be whiter le....isit like what jamez say got protective layering huh? Jusnw I forgot to ask uncle le....

Thanks jamez... :notti:

Now go to my newhse canot do big business, can oni do small business lor... :):help:

I think I noe what u mean liao, my common toilet oso...basin, den WC, den showerhead but on oppo side.....But u got old folks at hme, mabbe dont put better, if slip dwn, can easily kena bruise... My common toilet oso no shower screen no showerkerb...easier to move ard I feel...

hehehe that's why both my bathrooms are full of bars

anywhere they slip sure got something to hold onto :wub:

even the handles of my kitchen cabinets also for this purpose :bow:

Harlow...hhehehe, I will patiently wait for tonite to see ur pictures! :dancingqueen:

My carpentry is delayed nw le...contractor says its laminates kena delayed so waiting....

As my furniture is all deliverd liao (TV etc), we haf locked our new hse n waitg for contractor to call us. Once they r ready, den BrownMse has to go dwn n open door for them to work... :deal:

Once ready, if u guys wan to visit, Im mre than welcome :dunno:

hehehe...

so have your laminates arrived?

so fast for all your deliveries to come before your reno is done. maybe you can lock up one of the rooms in order to keeo your stuff free from dust and for safety too?

when done, i look forward to your sms huh. ;)

hehehe...

so have your laminates arrived?

so fast for all your deliveries to come before your reno is done. maybe you can lock up one of the rooms in order to keeo your stuff free from dust and for safety too?

when done, i look forward to your sms huh. :notti:

Not done yet le...sobs... :dunno:

Its the laminated for the cupboards lor.. :)

My furniture ALL arrived n wrapped up liao...then those pots, pans lah all wrapped back in plastic bags in my in-laws hse. They gona charge us rental soon ;)

haha..okie I sms u den...mabbe we shd organize mooncake outing for our area...shall we?

East mooncake n drink tea at basketball court soon!:dancingqueen::dunno::deal:

(cuz I cant move in during 7th moon oso :) )

Not done yet le...sobs... :notti:

Its the laminated for the cupboards lor.. :notti:

My furniture ALL arrived n wrapped up liao...then those pots, pans lah all wrapped back in plastic bags in my in-laws hse. They gona charge us rental soon ;)

haha..okie I sms u den...mabbe we shd organize mooncake outing for our area...shall we?

East mooncake n drink tea at basketball court soon!:sport-smiley-004::bleah::D

(cuz I cant move in during 7th moon oso :yamseng: )

hahahhaa....

moon cake outing??

I dun really fancy moon cake with baked skin...

hehehehe...

but i do like Gelare Mooncake Ice cream...

hahahaha....

can no pro... just need some arrangement huh... :deal:

ya my laminate that time also waited for ard 2 weeks then arrived...

but once arrived, within two days, all done up nicely...

hehehehe... then that time you have to headache abt your solid table top...

hehehehe