Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Allo

Greycat & Brownmse New Hme

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hahahaha.......paiseh....

I mean mace u got see fengshui for ur hse, urself? cuz I noe u veli powderful at fengshui.... :P

hahahaha.......paiseh....

I mean mace u got see fengshui for ur hse, urself? cuz I noe u veli powderful at fengshui.... :P

still learning....actually now concentrating more on bazi cos house layout is rather standard.

no powder yet lah...how to be powderpoo?

did ask my teacher/buddy/fsm to see house, cos me still no gooder in fs yet.

still learning....actually now concentrating more on bazi cos house layout is rather standard.

no powder yet lah...how to be powderpoo?

did ask my teacher/buddy/fsm to see house, cos me still no gooder in fs yet.

Can moonlight fortune teller liao. :unsure:

Hihi.....

Wondering if anybody has any views/comments on this simple WIW configuration that I've drawn here.....

I need to submit to my contractor this weekend to manufacture...

I plan not to use drawer handles, all drawers to have a small square gap to open....

My height is 2.6m as I didnt put any false ceiling in this room...

The long end of L-shape is abt 2.3-2.4m (still flexible as I have another 1m extra space to the window). The short end is abt 1.3m as it is next to entrance (sliding door). My contractor have told me that depth of the wardrobe is normally abt 60cm and that normally 1 portion is abt 50cm (1 door space). Wont be having any doors as Im planning to use curtains to curtail the space out....

Pls kindly advise, all appreciated very much!! :D Thanks!!!

WIW---Topview.gif

WIW---FrontviewL-shapelong-end.gif

WIW---FrontviewL-shapeshort-end.gif

Edited by Greycat

Some more pictures to update...all taken over last weekend n this week.....

Picture no1----How to survive while waiting for deliveries on Saturdays :P

Necessary items all shown in picture:

1) Bodyshop spritz to spray on face

2) Cold drink

3) Pen n paper

4) Measuring tape to measure whatever's nt measured yet

5) Crocs slippers for comfort

DSC00091.jpg

Got sme basic downlights at Chelsea last week n brought them to hse last Sat so dat electrician can cut the holes first. As it was quite rush, we decided to buy all the basic downlights first n tubes. So far, we're just short of a few nice hanging lights.

Unfortunately, the advice of chelsea auntie differs frm my electrician alot.....

On 1 hand, the aunty frm the shop says it's enuff lights when we told her the dimensions. But when we told our electrician, he just shake head n tell us confirm cmi..sure not bright enuff. Hence, we went back to chelsea n changed most of or purchases....

Moral of the story: be there when ur electrician confirms the downlight positions. Show him ur lights n ask if it's gone b bright enuff. They give good advice actually :good:

Picture 2: My square white downlight. I got most small ones initially, in the end, took all back n changed to big square ones.

DSC00108.jpg

Picture 3: My spotlight along passageway

DSC00114.jpg

Then we went down to grohe 2 days ago after work to get our last set of toilet accesory outstanding...

BrownMse has been wanting to get his Grohe items for veli long liao... :P

Due to the pipings in our mBR toilet, we made a box-up for it. Becuz of dat, it din leave much space to put a rainshower as BrownMse is 178 so rainshower I estimate wld at least need to be 2m bah....

In the end, after testing n looking at the Groke showerheads, we decided to go for a nice-looking showerhead with 3 functions (including massage). Surprisingly, quite cheap le....abt 170 for a set.

And a Grohe mixer for abt 240....pictures below :D

DSC00110.jpgDSC00111.jpg

And a picture of a basin I saw in the catalogue at Grohe.....i Like!! But exp.....600++ leh.... :jawdrop:

DSC00113.jpg

My KrisRoz taps frm HoeKee

Picture (1)---common toilet tap, picture (2), my kitchen sink tap...look like a gun, it came veli well-packed... :notti:

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

BrownMse went dwn to visit the hse today n the workers haf finally started work again!!! Hoo-ray...!!! :sport-smiley-003:

Well, they kinda stopped for the last few days cuz we hafnt confirmed the colors n laminates...till now, still thinkg abt my kitchen color....

Anyways, here's a picture of studyroom laminated in Dark color...

HPIM1606.jpg

Seems they have a procedure of painting the ceilings first and laminating.....here's a pic of the studyroom ceiling, a very light grey color...walls gonna be abit mre greyish...

HPIM1607.jpg

My baby's room aka guest room...think my laminate is maple...not so light as birch color but a warmer shade...they put the laminates along the length of the room to make it longer...

HPIM1609.jpg

HPIM1608.jpg

And then the WIW room...same laminate as baby's room but they put it across the room instead to make it broader.....dinno that until saw the pictures n askd BrownMse why....how it turns out good...

HPIM1610.jpg

Color of the ceiling of WIW-room = light brown....the walls are gonna be Maldives color. And connecting MBR will be light brown for the walls....

HPIM1611.jpg

Went down to the house again tdy to check on the progress....surprisingly, sme work done everyday consistently for painting. We were quite afraid as it's been raining n we guessed the painting was gonna take longer to dry.....well, I suppose by midwk it shd be all painted liao....

Some more pics....I like posting on this blog as I can really view my pictures bigbig n look for defects, hahaha.... :dancingqueen: Abit silly I guess, but no choice, we got no lights in the house yet.... :bleah:

First coat of my MBR (color Bones frm Nippon) = same color as ceiling of my WIW

IMG_0769.jpg

My WIW (view taken frm MBR entrance), color is Maldives frm Nippon too....

Realli like this color... ;)

IMG_0770.jpg

View of WIW frm window, can see the color of the paint better....we were realli afraid we had chosen the wrong colors....seems that most of the colors are quite true to what we see on the catalogue, lighter or darker depends on the lighitng n flooring reflection.

290707008.jpg

Baby's room....color Lush frm Nippon.....

Oops, turned out a tad too green, hehehe :notti: .....but BrownMse says its bright n cheery, he likes... :P

290707010.jpg

your home is coming up real nice

good to hear that the colours are what you expected :)

and the grohe shower head is a good buy :D

makes me gian also :D

:D the grohe shower thingy how much ah.....heard it's beri gui!.

your house will be done soon, good for ya! :)

Hihi.....

Wondering if anybody has any views/comments on this simple WIW configuration that I've drawn here.....

I need to submit to my contractor this weekend to manufacture...

I plan not to use drawer handles, all drawers to have a small square gap to open....

My height is 2.6m as I didnt put any false ceiling in this room...

The long end of L-shape is abt 2.3-2.4m (still flexible as I have another 1m extra space to the window). The short end is abt 1.3m as it is next to entrance (sliding door). My contractor have told me that depth of the wardrobe is normally abt 60cm and that normally 1 portion is abt 50cm (1 door space). Wont be having any doors as Im planning to use curtains to curtail the space out....

Pls kindly advise, all appreciated very much!! :) Thanks!:D

WIW---Topview.gif

WIW---FrontviewL-shapelong-end.gif

WIW---FrontviewL-shapeshort-end.gif

Hi Greycat.. wondered if its too late to comment on your wardrobe... At the adjoining part of the L corner, seems like there's no support for the top shelve and also the hanging rods are like intersecting each other?? My wardrobe also L-shape. At the L corner, its a separate compartment shelves by itself..

Hihi, thanks for all well-wishes... :rolleyes:

The grohe showerset is not exp...its oni 170+...the cheapest of the lot....exp ones go for 400-600, even 1K :sport-smiley-004:

This one got 3 functions, includg massage...meant for HDB (non-concelaed), doesnt include mixer.

Bght at Grohe Parkmall (they close abt 7-8pm I think)....can go see see.... :)

The difference is that the union inside (the part u put into wall to install) is stainless steel, so it wont rust, we thk will be using MBR toilet alot, might as well buy a better one so it will last longer...

For our common toilet, we bght a $138 set frm HoeKee (shower-set + rainshower)...cheap :rolleyes:

HiHi Dfish....thanks for the feedback!!

Still in time cuz I rushing to submit to contractor tonite....they need 10 days leadtime to manufacture....

I modelled it after my own Ikea wardrobe where the L-shape is 2 hanging rods le....

Paiseh, I dun understand ur corner is compartment shelves....cant visualise....any pics? or further description....hee, me a klutz la....

I do liao hor, den realise it's quite a small wrdrobe actually, hanging space not much....wonder if I shd amend to mre hanging space or not....sigh :rolleyes:

HiHi Dfish....thanks for the feedback!!

Still in time cuz I rushing to submit to contractor tonite....they need 10 days leadtime to manufacture....

I modelled it after my own Ikea wardrobe where the L-shape is 2 hanging rods le....

Paiseh, I dun understand ur corner is compartment shelves....cant visualise....any pics? or further description....hee, me a klutz la....

I do liao hor, den realise it's quite a small wrdrobe actually, hanging space not much....wonder if I shd amend to mre hanging space or not....sigh :sport-smiley-004:

A picture speaks a thousand words... For your reference

03062007wardrobeinteriohj6.th.jpg

03062007wardrobeinteriofq6.th.jpg

The space at the corner is limited due to the L-shape.