Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Allo

Greycat & Brownmse New Hme

HiHi Dfish, thanks thanks!

Yup, understand frm ur pictures liao....

BrownMse jus calld contractor over lunchtime, we r gona meet up to discuss tomrw...will ask him abt the corner....actually mine wont haf doors so if the hanging rods connect, will reali be a T-joint like dat....

(I always put my head inside to hide stuff at dat corner, hehehehe :sport-smiley-004:

My Ikea T-joint still quite stable la....dunno the contractor one will stable or nt though, thanks for highlighting! :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
HiHi Dfish, thanks thanks!

Yup, understand frm ur pictures liao....

BrownMse jus calld contractor over lunchtime, we r gona meet up to discuss tomrw...will ask him abt the corner....actually mine wont haf doors so if the hanging rods connect, will reali be a T-joint like dat....

(I always put my head inside to hide stuff at dat corner, hehehehe :sport-smiley-004:

My Ikea T-joint still quite stable la....dunno the contractor one will stable or nt though, thanks for highlighting! :rolleyes:

No problem! Talk to the carpenters and get their professional views on the structural part. They can also do secret compartments to the drawers for keeping important documents.. :rolleyes:

Have a fruitful discussion!

Another update on the renos....nothing much done last few days. Up till last Fri, workers haf finished the 3 layers of paint n the skirtings. Also met with my contractor to confirm the kitchen n WIW design of carpentry. Estimate abt 10days b4 he comes to install the carpentry. Meanwhile, our task is to complete the buying of the lights n leave it in our new hse for electrician to install.

As mentioned b4, we've completed almost the lights purchase, except for dining (hanging light), WIW lights, bb-rm's lights n studyrm light. We went to Space at milenium (did I spell wrongly...?) for a walk tdy n surpise, KArtell actually has discounts :yamseng: ...so we bought a hanging light for our dining table (1 problem down!) :bleah:

A picture of my living room. On the left of the picture, it is "Smoky" frm Nippon. On the right of the picture, the long wall is Ash-grey frm Nippon. Looks exactly the same hor? But on catalogues, Ash-grey was supposed to be alittle darker :notti: .....guess we realli itchy backside la.. ;)

IMG_0789.jpg

A picture of my foyer area and white door. Contractor painted my door a matt-white. In fact, for my other doorframes in the house which we requested to b painted white, he all paint matt white....hmmm....

Mabbe not yet final-coat, gotta check it out with him....

02082007006.jpg

Next my bombshelter door cum dining area. This is the "Smoky" color grey-wall. Looks suspisciously white on photo, dunno why.....

Dining table gonna place here, with jus enuff space to open the door. Initially thinking of using a Decal on the door to spruce it up, now looking at the picture, mabbe wall-paper better.....looks realli plain nw...

As I slog my fingers typing n my blains out thinking, hubby BrownMse happily watches FAcup program on TV dwnstrs....grrr.... :)

IMG_0791.jpg

Next on is the future BB-rm aka guest-rm. Have tried to take pictures using 2 camaras n 1 hp-cam liao, all come out different shade of green. Refer to earlier post, it is super-duper bright green... :notti:

In any case, it is a very bright cheerful color.....oh and we went to Joo Chiat to look at curtains tdy (me, hubby n a very enthu MIL). Think shall choose a white curtain to match this superduper-green.....originally wantd to paint orange-color carrots on the wall, dats why i chose green color....hehehhee :D

Must be thinking Im abit conky rite?....well, I keep a real rabbit lor.... :D;)

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

Next up the studyroom taken frm outside its opening. The entrance is abt 2m, gonna put a glass sliding door.

Color is a greyish tone actually, but upon reflection by the laminate, become brownish le.....

In fact, our passage-way has become 3-color tone due to the 3 rooms different color liao.....

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

Next 2 pictures taken at entrance of MBR. Picture (1), to the left is entrance of WIW, gona put a sliding wood-laminate door. Picture (2): MBR, king-size bed gona fill up most of the space, so nt much left.

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Another view of MBR (when Im standing at the air-con window). Love my white-color door frame against the light-brown wall :unsure:

IMG_0799.jpg

Will update again when the lights r up n carpentry is in.....stay tuned! :unsure:

wah...very nice...neat. bright bright i like hehehe

Thank u thank u! :P

Not much updates yet.....thot nobody wld reply my blog liao, ehehehe :bow:

Was quite worried it wld turn out dark as we had chosen grey color, n cant reali tell as we relying on sunlight nw (lightings not installed yet)....

wah... try to resize your pics leh...file size too big liao - takes long time to load.

btw, go get a fsm to do the planning first, then you know what furnitures/decors to buy.

wah... try to resize your pics leh...file size too big liao - takes long time to load.

btw, go get a fsm to do the planning first, then you know what furnitures/decors to buy.

Thanks Mace bro....we got a FSM b4 renos to check out what can b done n the color codes liao.... :)

Just need a follow-up session nw....like see Loctor hor? hehehe :yamseng:

Hee, paiseh put bigbig so can view clear clear, bigger than computer at hme....heheheh... :(

hehehe pix not too big for me

maybe my com is wide so looks just nice

me like big big pix too :)

the grey looks nice, not too dark

but can't really tell from the pix :(

love the white door frame, why didn't i think of it :yamseng:

I love the light brown colour...:)

Thank u thank u!...wah I got stamp of approval frm the greay DIY sumobear....hehehehe :yamseng: Must go back tell hubby Brownmse....hehehe :(

Thanks to ur Kartell lamp too, we went space yest n found our dining light, veli happi!! :unsure:

Thinking of buying dining chairs there too, hafg sme 30% discount....

Some quick updates for the blog......

Just spent a super-tiring day cleaning the hse....a gd 5 hrs as BrownMse n me scrubed our floors n cleaned our windows n laminates. Unfortunately, our contractor oni did his 1st round of chemical wash. As we washed, we discovered the grouting was still no good...he has to do re-grouting for us.....all black black still, see oredi, my mood oso black :(

And tomorrow (Monday) + Tuesday....our major furniatures are all coming!! :P

Really dunno what to do manz....we must be the only ppl who moves the fridge in b4 the carpentry is up....

Think I will be ma-jiam like air-traffic controller tomorow (or shd I say tdy since its after midnite liao...sobs).

Some picture updates...will post mre on Monday n Tuesday night....

Some items which we bought at Space recently, over National-Day n weekend....

The dining light (we got it in crystal-clear color)

Kartell_Ge_light-1.jpg

Dining chairs (in light yellow)...took me a long time to decide, finally decided on this one becuz its super comfy. Chose light yellow for a contrast as my living/dining area is all whitish/grey...

Driade_Softegg_chair.jpg

And along with those, we bought 2 of these stools, they were on sale :)

Chose a yellow fat 1 and a red thin 1.....

Kartell_LaBoheme_stool.jpg

Changed our switches totally as HDB switches always v hard to use n our hse's been ard for 6 yrs oredi....

My new elec sockets n Clipsal switches (in white w blue LED lights)....

Reason for Clipsal switches.....I got cheated!! :( not by electrician or shop wor...but by my own hubby!.....Wantd to buy big rocker switch den he say got led light switch, w/o telling moi its mre exp..... :)8|

IMG_0810.jpg

My frosted glass toilet door in MBR

Frontview---vertical pull handle

IMG_0821.jpg

Backview---Horizontal pull handle (so can hang towel at the same time)

IMG_0820.jpg

A picture of my tempered glassdoor installed in my study room. (Picture taken frm inside studyrm)...

Love the lighting in my passageway, spotlight can be adjusted direction :D

But install oredi den realise we could have put the spotlight more towards rightside so it can focus exactly on middle of wall.... :)

IMG_0815.jpg

Another close-up picture of the doors....sigh

The doors are level but unfortunately, we realised HDB beam (on top of door) is NOT level...sibei jialat. :notti:

IMG_0816.jpg

But heng, contractor helped us to resolve the problem eventually n even offered to do a plummet so it wont look ugly...and we didnt even ask him yet.....

Picture of plummet (frm outside)

11082007001.jpg

Picture of plummet (frm inside)

11082007002.jpg

nice going :notti:

you must have spent a bomb at space

dun think i'll venture there, wait the rest of the year got to eat grass :notti:

Heehee, actualli no.....the items we bght were the affordable ones....n we stuck to our "budget-range" lah

The dining lamp is actualli cheaper than most chandelier lights... zz

wah...nice glass doors - must be exp... :)

*nod nod* glass doors exp part of quotation :( ....but need aircon so we decided to put glassdoor....*heartpain*

To all new home-owners of EA, there's actualli another option==curtains!!

Heard frm the curtain shops at Geylang Serai there, got curtain materials can block out air-con type, v gd to use as divider.....sigh, I oni knew abt dat last wk....

Another update of pictures by Greycat, after waiting for the delivery tdy until I pull out my hair, I haf many pictures of different configurations of my dining chairs....

Well, if u haf to wait 8 hrs in 1 empty hse for 5 deliveries, armed oni wif camera, u wld do e same too....hahaha :rofl:

Luckily, I dint haf to turn air-traffic controller becuz all came abt half hr after 1 another.....after I waited inside for like 2-3 hrs....grrrr....

Let's start wif my dining chair permutations....pls bear wif the downloading of the pics....

Picture (1)---The emperor's dining table.....now u see it, now u dont.....hmmm.....it's there....

13082007005.jpg

Picture (2)---All in a row....set against my grey wall

13082007011.jpg

Picture (3)---SideView

13082007013.jpg

Picture (4)---An attempt at artistic shot...not bad hor? zz

13082007014.jpg

Next...the orh-orh dining table which I bght for studyrm....

It's abt 1.8m or 1.7m (the XL size wan) so both hubby n me can share share in future....

When I told deliveryuncle to put inside studyrm, he kept asking me "Sure or not? this is dining table..."

13082007018.jpg

Boring picture of my untested, untried fridge....

Reason being (1) the electrical switch hafnt do yet (2) kitchen cabinets oso nt up yet...sigh

13082007022.jpg

Another boring picture of my washing machine n dryer...

13082007023.jpg

A not so boring picture of my WM n dryer, hidden behind the glass panel...hee :rofl:

13082007024.jpg

Lastly....a picture of my barang-barang daybed, realised its a tad too wide to squeeze in my studyrm...jialat...need to re-plan....

13082007027.jpg

That's all folks!:yamseng: BrownMse shall continue updating tomrw after he finishes his 8hr shift at the new hse... :P