Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Allo

Greycat & Brownmse New Hme

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks apple... !!

Hee...Im a fussy one la....dats true...my nickname is Ms "Giao" hahahaha

Thanks Fish !!

Some mre pictures on Day 5 of our reno.....

MBR has started tiling oredi.....

1) Foyer area...BrownMse was supposed to take a close-up of the tiles...but all he got was a picture of Ah Meng's footprints allll over the tiles. Ah Meng is our big-size foreman....hehehe :D

Day5-Foyer.jpg

2) Living area window (left pane) + right pane

Day5-LRwindow2.jpg

Day5-LRwindow1.jpg

Total is 4 panes oni....n its white frames + black-tint....sigh :P

Now, got 3 "errors".......... :P

(a) the lock gadget is broken n has dropped off

(b) I cant stand the white frame w black-tint panes, looks so "sa-la" to me (mismatched) :lol:

© 4 panes for 3.3m.....looks weird le. Hence when slide open (1 to each side), oni half the space is "open"....I kinda regret nw, shd haf chosen open-windows in dat case. I had thot my 3.3m~ length can fit 5-6 panels......n I wantd to be able to draw all to 1 or 2 side so it feels mre "open".

Anybody has any experience to share? My living rm floorplan states 3.45m exact but minus abit here n there, I thk its 3.3m in length.....If u did sliding windows, how many panes or sliding tracks shd dat b?

Many thanks for any advice/suggestion given, realli appreciate it....

I had thot my reno wld b easy enuff since Im nt doing much, cant imagine im having headache at the 1st stage of windows oni......

I had always thot windows r just windows....how difficult can it be?.....alas..... :D

yrs new flat right? coz change window need hdb approval i think so maybe did hdb restrict the colour choice for tinting? :sport-smiley-004: yr neighbours all black ma.. i understand yr frustrations, if black tint must well don't change right! since the old one black with black tint looks nice also..

but its true abt first house renovation then want it to be perfect le. and its also true after a while can't be bothered liao.. haha.. like i'm learning to learn with my house defects and not be go 'niao' with my ID now.. :D

i really love yr white tiles.. wanted white but hup kiong white homo tiles super X so went for a bit off white one (chose the closest to white).. i know shld have gone for white horse.. so nice!

me dun have sliding windows coz used to casement liao

but advice received from window contractors is that more tracks means the frame will look very thick, difficult to clean

then if more panels mean more space is taken up by the frame, so all draw to one side means less open space right :bangwall:

actually i find the windows quite nice leh

and you dun have to worry about getting window films like us :deal:

Hi Linda,

Mine is new flat but the original is no window cuz it was a balcony....the window n frame is add in wan....

Today went dwn to see the hse myself n oso visit a few forummer's place (cham-guan) heheehe :D

I see the window myself, din feel so bad liao....it dint look as black in real-life....so mabbe nt changing liao.

Oni the kitchen mabbe still wanna change cuz cant match glass panel in kitchen sink.....

Thanks!:bangwall: !! We love the tiles too but its actually not white, its off-white....not whitehorse oso, some china brand, I thk its "Bo-Hua"....i saw this name on the packaging....We oso chose the closet to white. I thk it just reflects the light of the walls next to it...

me dun have sliding windows coz used to casement liao

but advice received from window contractors is that more tracks means the frame will look very thick, difficult to clean

then if more panels mean more space is taken up by the frame, so all draw to one side means less open space right :deal:

actually i find the windows quite nice leh

and you dun have to worry about getting window films like us :thumbs up:

Thanks apple!! Yah, went dwn to see for myself tdy, windows din look dat bad.....still feels open n windy after draw to 2 sides.....mabbe wont change liao bah.....

Reno is such a big headache..... :deal:

Tdy last day before GST n we hafnt bought our lights!....sigh... :thumbs up:

Hope u gals bght everything liao :thumbs up:

i no $$ buy things liao lei.. went evov to pay for my balance for the sofa on friday then keep bio-ing the c-shape coffee table.. bo liu.. must wait for couple of months to recover abit first.. :deal:

today i go out, i keep seeing windows what colours etc.. hehe.. but i'm glad it has turned out all right for u! i oso wanted to change my windows coz its beige but no budget.. then coz my living is full height, being quite new (5 yrs), i dun tink hdb will approved as will spoil the whole block look.. i love white with greenish tint.. very condo! hehe.. but not practical for my unit coz got afternoon sun so will tint black oso.. hence, living with it!

talking abt gst hike, i totally forget to go down to my school to pay for my school fees.. sians diaos.. now i got to pay $80 more for nothing! :bangwall:

Edited by LinDa

i no $$ buy things liao lei.. went evov to pay for my balance for the sofa on friday then keep bio-ing the c-shape coffee table.. bo liu.. must wait for couple of months to recover abit first.. :bangwall:

today i go out, i keep seeing windows what colours etc.. hehe.. but i'm glad it has turned out all right for u! i oso wanted to change my windows coz its beige but no budget.. then coz my living is full height, being quite new (5 yrs), i dun tink hdb will approved as will spoil the whole block look.. i love white with greenish tint.. very condo! hehe.. but not practical for my unit coz got afternoon sun so will tint black oso.. hence, living with it!

talking abt gst hike, i totally forget to go down to my school to pay for my school fees.. sians diaos.. now i got to pay $80 more for nothing! :sport-smiley-003:

Hihi,

Thank u!:bangwall: (for thinking of me when u were outside....heheh, still look at windows for me...) Me veli gam-dong :dunno:

Oh for full-ht windows, I oso keep bio-ing my neighbors (my estate 6 yrs old). All the full-ht window flats maintain their black windows le...I thot HDB dun approve to hack....

Sigh...me oso bio-ing sme evov stuff still...thot of buying the Mirage side table for my bedside but bloody exp n they refused to lower px smemre le.....my heart veli pain whenever I see evov bill... :notti:

Hhehehe, tok abt GST, did u read straits times abt the lady who bght a 1-carat diamond ring for 14K so she can save $280 b4 gst.......

After do reno liao hor, I will benchmark prices of my shopping items now liao....eg, 1 LV bag=1 dining table = 4 WC, ehehhehee..... :deal:

Hihi,

Thank u!:notti: (for thinking of me when u were outside....heheh, still look at windows for me...) Me veli gam-dong :D

Oh for full-ht windows, I oso keep bio-ing my neighbors (my estate 6 yrs old). All the full-ht window flats maintain their black windows le...I thot HDB dun approve to hack....

Sigh...me oso bio-ing sme evov stuff still...thot of buying the Mirage side table for my bedside but bloody exp n they refused to lower px smemre le.....my heart veli pain whenever I see evov bill... :P

Hhehehe, tok abt GST, did u read straits times abt the lady who bght a 1-carat diamond ring for 14K so she can save $280 b4 gst.......

After do reno liao hor, I will benchmark prices of my shopping items now liao....eg, 1 LV bag=1 dining table = 4 WC, ehehhehee..... :P

haha.. i think it want to change full height hdb windows must engaged qualified engineer or something also one lei.. my grilles ppl say one lo.. but too expensive for me to even toy with the idea.. :P

i haven't see the mirage series which i see a lot of forummers are :D abt. maggi from evov says its display in the east coast showroom now.. don't want to go see la, later see liao want to buy.. its very expensive can when i ask abt the mirage coffee table coz i'm still short one one coffee table for bedroom.. the c-shape one $400 already no budget, the mirage one is $1000+ lo..

haha, same lor.. i everytime tell my hubby, i can buy 2 lv bag with the sofas.. **** heart pain.. lv bag i think think think so long still havent buy.. sofa i walk in choose within 30 mins buy.. :notti:

hi neighbour!

finally i stumble across your t-blog.. :good: all this while heard from koikoi about greycat only... until now. haha!

i chose my hse and got my keys same time as u! my reno also just started and its quite slow. by this weekend then can see the tiles and false ceiling.

i bought my lights from Chelsea last weekend. Almost $1.5K for 30 lights. Fell prey to crystal light and a halogen dining light or else my cost just ard $1K. :D

The mirage is bloody exp... :P

I bio the bedside table oredi $700++ each liao....

Actuali I still short of 1 item nw....my dining chairs...I bght dining table frm them but neber buy chairs...

Until nw, BrownMse still v scared Ms-Gaio-me cannot find my perfect chair n we haf to resort to eating at dining table w palstic chairs....hehehehe :P

Buy bag better...LV bag can appreciate in value...sofa cannot unless buy sme kartell/starck brand hehehehe :P:notti:

hi neighbour!

finally i stumble across your t-blog.. :P all this while heard from koikoi about greycat only... until now. haha!

i chose my hse and got my keys same time as u! my reno also just started and its quite slow. by this weekend then can see the tiles and false ceiling.

i bought my lights from Chelsea last weekend. Almost $1.5K for 30 lights. Fell prey to crystal light and a halogen dining light or else my cost just ard $1K. ;)

Hihi neighbor!! :D we same blk rite?....most outside blk at carpark entrance?

Yup yup, we met up during Sat to cham-guan their flats....my humble bode cant show yet cuz still initial tiling stage too....

:notti: hehehe I thot i turtle crawl pace liao....our reno super slow since we rcvd key in SepOct lastyr...

Finally found smeone like us!! *High-five* !!

Wah at least u can see ur false ceiling dis weekend.....we almost finished tiling n cement screeding nw...

but aircon guy can oni come dwn nxt Monday to lay trunking so all other work abit held back....

Planning to buy frm chelsea oso but abit lazy nw dat GST has ored startd n we still abit blur on hw many downlights to get....chelsea got many nice lights...cant decide manz.... :P

The mirage is bloody exp... :dancingqueen:

I bio the bedside table oredi $700++ each liao....

Actuali I still short of 1 item nw....my dining chairs...I bght dining table frm them but neber buy chairs...

Until nw, BrownMse still v scared Ms-Gaio-me cannot find my perfect chair n we haf to resort to eating at dining table w palstic chairs....hehehehe :thumbs up:

Buy bag better...LV bag can appreciate in value...sofa cannot unless buy sme kartell/starck brand hehehehe :dribble::dunno:

Hihi neighbor!! :rofl: we same blk rite?....most outside blk at carpark entrance?

haha, i oso say but hubby don't think alike lei! :bleah:

i'm sitting on ikea $4.95 plastic chairs from my old place myself lo. no budget liao so use for the time being. sofa coming this friday, can't wait! coz now sitting on the floor wait tv.

Hee....ikea chairs r always a gd backup....gonna buy sme n put in new hse too :~

Side track here.....

Here's wat we did over the weekend (instead of beating the GST)....

Celebrating Brownse bird-day, hehehe :D see many many candles.... :D

DSC00085.jpg

And the latest picture..... and nop, these wine r not for housewarming....since our hse is still in rubbles stage

We cant believe it either...but FIL actually bght 18 bottles of wine to try jus so he can select the perfect wine for our upcoming wedding.....he's doing wine-tasting 6mths before our wedding (Dec 07).... :~

DSC00088.jpg

happy belated birthday brownmse! but greycat, u bad la, show ppl her age! kaos.. should like photoshop some candles away lo!

i thot the hotel do provide wines?

Edited by LinDa

Hihi neighbor!! 8| we same blk rite?....most outside blk at carpark entrance?

Yup yup, we met up during Sat to cham-guan their flats....my humble bode cant show yet cuz still initial tiling stage too....

:) hehehe I thot i turtle crawl pace liao....our reno super slow since we rcvd key in SepOct lastyr...

Finally found smeone like us!! *High-five* :jawdrop:

Wah at least u can see ur false ceiling dis weekend.....we almost finished tiling n cement screeding nw...

but aircon guy can oni come dwn nxt Monday to lay trunking so all other work abit held back....

Planning to buy frm chelsea oso but abit lazy nw dat GST has ored startd n we still abit blur on hw many downlights to get....chelsea got many nice lights...cant decide manz.... :P

I'm at the same block as koikoi, jessi and allo. In fact my unit is directly below allo :P

Just realised we get the hse at the same time, wedding also same time huh... Dec.. :)

We also got the same Cellini dining table! ^5!!

Hmm I also went to buy lights aft confirming the no. of downlights, so I guess u hv to confirm how u gonna do the false ceiling / L-box and the lighting points, then go Chelsea. One shot bargain for all the lights u need :)