Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3Dyms

Mon Petite Chateau @ Bt Batok

Due to budget constraints, I have put a few other carpentry works on KIV. Though I have many many wants.... need to prioritize which is important at this juncture, and which items can be added later on. Hope I don't make the wrong decisions. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow a corner hob. Look forward to see how your kitchen turns out.

Thanks benauhc. I hope everything can be done as planned cos I've not have chance to go to the unit as I'm still waiting for 1st appointment. Hope no hidden surprises and my corner hub can be achieved. :D

Gorgeous! This reminds me of a site I frequented when researching on renovation (http://bo-laget.se/objektvy.php?id=1505). I was very inspired by this style, but didn't go all the way. Can't wait to see your completed place!

Hi Summersann,

Thanks. I just visited that website. Very interesting cos it's like a mix of retro cum French with modern twists. Parts of it even looks like it will fit in nicely in an Ikea mag. Nice. ;)

Ur carpenter Is so good. For mine I didn't even get a hand drawn drawing. Instead I draw to him... Do u need to pay extra for it?

Ur carpenter Is so good. For mine I didn't even get a hand drawn drawing. Instead I draw to him... Do u need to pay extra for it?

Actually there is an ID that works together with the carpenter. She is one that does the drawings & liaising between me & the carpenter. I showed her lots of magazine inspirations and ideas. From there, she will recommend based on my requirements & budget. The drawings are done by her to ensure no mistakes or miscommunication between us.No extra $$ required. :good:

Actually there is an ID that works together with the carpenter. She is one that does the drawings & liaising between me & the carpenter. I showed her lots of magazine inspirations and ideas. From there, she will recommend based on my requirements & budget. The drawings are done by her to ensure no mistakes or miscommunication between us.No extra $$ required. :good:

Good. She's really meticulous & responsible (or maybe she earn a lot from u. *joking*) next time if I ever do renovation again I'll consider to hire a female ID.

Good. She's really meticulous & responsible (or maybe she earn a lot from u. *joking*) next time if I ever do renovation again I'll consider to hire a female ID.

Eerr.... I think she would earn a comm from the carpentry work, but how much, I dunno. I don't pay her any ID fees directly. But after comparing her quote with others doing country style carpentry, her pricing is quite reasonable. Considering as this style of carpentry is more expensive because of the carvings, detailing & trimmings. :D

Edited by 3Dyms

I also have many wants.. Until end up become don't want due to budget constraints .......

Yah lor... Yah lor. Totally agree. Like I wanted Miele dishwasher. But after budgeting, think I can only afford Bosch. Also got other things either hv to give up totally, or else, need to settle for 2nd choice. Boh pianz. I trying very hard to be good & not exceed by too much. But it's getting hard man. :bangwall:

Yah lor... Yah lor. Totally agree. Like I wanted Miele dishwasher. But after budgeting, think I can only afford Bosch. Also got other things either hv to give up totally, or else, need to settle for 2nd choice. Boh pianz. I trying very hard to be good & not exceed by too much. But it's getting hard man. :bangwall:

钱难赚ah.. We also settle some item with 2nd choice and even order the lights from Taobao to have some saving. Looking forward to ur transformation of ur EM. :yamseng:

Hi Summersann,

Thanks. I just visited that website. Very interesting cos it's like a mix of retro cum French with modern twists. Parts of it even looks like it will fit in nicely in an Ikea mag. Nice. ;)

The Europeans know how to make their houses lovely. And the views are to die for too :D

Can't wait to see your wall trimmings!

钱难赚ah.. We also settle some item with 2nd choice and even order the lights from Taobao to have some saving. Looking forward to ur transformation of ur EM. :yamseng:

Hahah... I'm also thinking of ordering the Grohe bath accessories from Amazon. Cos it seems much cheaper via amazon for the set. Unless there is Grohe sales coming up. As for ordering from taobao, I dunno how to do it, especially I cannot read & write in mandarin. I failed Chinese miserably -F9 student.

The Europeans know how to make their houses lovely. And the views are to die for too :D

Can't wait to see your wall trimmings!

Yah yah, I love seeing pics of the European houses too. Always look so 'atas' and cosy at the same time. Those r my inspirations. Heheh. I hope my wall trimmings look good as the they form the backbone of a neo classical style home, in addition to cornice on the ceiling. *cross fingers*