Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annastans

Joanna's Playground; An Em Dream

Love your chest of drawers & TV console. Can share where you got these from? Looking for something like these for my bedrooms. Thanks. :)

Today we bought the last of the major furniture items :'D

9149912943_693c82330a.jpg

White chest of drawers to be placed below the altar

9149913155_109d1e754d.jpg

Matching white TV Console.

Hopefully all the whites blend in nicely in the living room! All deliveries are scheduled for Saturday and after settling the remaining amounts, I'll feel less poor! Whee! Oh right, and we also purchased our washing machine from Zero; the Samsung front load WF702U2. Remaining tiny accessories and furniture stuff can wait till we get our next pay cheques :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello 3Dyms, Thanks!! We got them from a place called Budget Furniture located at 23 Woodlands Terrace. They have some nice stuff but not a whole load of selections. There's a catalogue that you can choose additional items from. There are some other nice design TV consoles which you can have a look at. Oh, and do remember to bargain; they don't mark up a lot but no harm asking for discounts. Hope this helps :)

Love your chest of drawers & TV console. Can share where you got these from? Looking for something like these for my bedrooms. Thanks. :)

Kitchen Countertop Updates

Finally some good news! So I'm happy to say that we have found a suitable supplier for our kitchen countertop and it's Silestone :) We were quite bummed when the Caesarstone prospect fell through but I'm happy to say that we have managed to find a better alternative. When my husband first told me that he was going to contact Silestone to get a quote, I thought to myself that it was nearly impossible for us to get this; but I have to thank him for going ahead and today was the measurement :) We have picked Lagoon and it has a nice marble-like look. Couldn't be happier!

Lots of other things happened today so will update soon!

Hello 3Dyms, Thanks!! We got them from a place called Budget Furniture located at 23 Woodlands Terrace. They have some nice stuff but not a whole load of selections. There's a catalogue that you can choose additional items from. There are some other nice design TV consoles which you can have a look at. Oh, and do remember to bargain; they don't mark up a lot but no harm asking for discounts. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the info Annastans. Will take note of the address and remember to bargain with them. Hopefully am able to find some suitable stuffs. *thumbs up* :)

Just realized we have quite similar taste. I will hv the same type of louvre PD doors for all my bathrooms. And, I'm also going for white quartz for my kitchen and bath vanity tops. Can't wait to see more picture updates from you.

Edited by 3Dyms

How is Silestone compared to Caesarstone?

I heard Silestone cost a lot more, is it really that costly?

It depends, because for what I required, their prices were around the same, with Silestone being slightly pricier.

Thanks for the info Annastans. Will take note of the address and remember to bargain with them. Hopefully am able to find some suitable stuffs. *thumbs up* :)

Just realized we have quite similar taste. I will hv the same type of louvre PD doors for all my bathrooms. And, I'm also going for white quartz for my kitchen and bath vanity tops. Can't wait to see more picture updates from you.

Awesome! Hope you find things you like during your furniture hunt :) Ooo louvre doors for all bathrooms! That should be nice! They just look so pretty with anything and everything. You're going for pure white quartz? Nice! Will be following your blog to see how it all comes together :) :)

I was supposed to finish updating the remaining happenings of 29th June but just found a bit of breather today :wacko:

Anyways, here are the remaining updates! :D

First lets start with curtains;

So for curtains we picked 11November and the lady who came down for the measurements, Debbie, was very patient and friendly. There was a lot of activity on the day she came down and I had to keep excusing myself to settle deliveries but all the while she waited patiently and continued explaining the different materials just as patiently when I returned to her. So 1 week later was the installation and 2 of her men had come down for it. I didn't take a picture of the installation process (argh!!) but I should have because they did it so well! The guy who was drilling had a plastic bag around his drill to collect any dust that was going to fall as a result of the drilling so it was actually relatively clean! Even my contractor was surprised watching the whole process (when compared to his plumber who gave the impression of mass chaos after drilling. Ok that's an exaggeration, but you get the picture :D )

9190720643_929ab79984.jpg9193521646_4870c5682e.jpg

The final look of the living area with the day and night curtains and the close up of the night curtain. You can't see it in the picture but it has a really beautiful texture to it! Soft soft :)

9190674289_b549c6e236.jpg

The roller blinds for both corridor windows. Tested them out at night as well to see if we could see into the house from outside when all the lights were on inside; 90% you can't see in. Debbie was right! And during the day it lets sufficient light pass through.

9190728019_fddd761225.jpg9190689235_048b39caf6.jpg

Common room 1 curtains and close up. Same material as downstairs. I must mention the care the installer took when pleating the curtains. Lovely to watch the whole process.

Continued..

9193527034_4720e6c85b.jpg9190686941_db35bfb158.jpg

Common room 2 curtains. Love this colour!

9190732507_9b83302e8c.jpg9190690787_6b46cfd3f1.jpg

MBR curtains and close up. We didn't go for day curtains for the top floor to save some money and because we thought it wasn't compulsory upstairs.

That's all for curtains. Lol and the guy tried to leave without taking any money and I ran behind him after he left the house asking why he wasnt taking the money. And he replied saying he wasnt sure if he could and had to call Debbie to clarify. Lol! So sweet really.

Now for deliveries!

So my washing machine has arrived! It's nestled in nicely in it's cocoon :D You can see my broom/mop holder in the cabinet beside it. I hope it stays as organised as it is now when we move in :D

9193465224_02ed5aec7d.jpg

Awesome! Hope you find things you like during your furniture hunt :) Ooo louvre doors for all bathrooms! That should be nice! They just look so pretty with anything and everything. You're going for pure white quartz? Nice! Will be following your blog to see how it all comes together :) :)

Hoping the louvre bathroom doors will fit in with my modern French theme. For the quartz, I'd have preferred full white. But due to my tight budget, my ID could get only get those white quartz with tiny grey specks at a special price. Hope it turns out nice. *cross fingers* Please do come by my t-blog. I hope to upload more pics next week when more things are done. Right now, my place is still in the organized chaos stage. :P

Continued...

9193522976_66ff977341.jpg

The MBR storage bed frame and mattress! The mattresses chipped off a portion of my ceiling near the stairs ( :angry2: ) but Mr Yeak fixed it up so quickly! I think I have an idea how he finished up the renovation so fast :D And not that he did a sloppy job. Simply put, I couldn't have asked for better workmanship :)

One other common room has a normal bed frame with the same mattress above but realised I didn't take a good picture of it. Or the wardrobe for that room. Tsk! Shame on me.

9190676081_67b9fd14ae.jpg

Hehehehe there are so many deliveries pictured in this picture :P 1) TV console, 2) Chest of Drawers, 3) TV, 4) Storage stool.

The storage stool, pillows (no pics) and cushions (no pics) were FOC. Yay! Gee..I should track my pictures more diligently...

Misc items

9193467182_01c0e9b9f0.jpg

The plumber installed my shelf! Totally pleased with the overall look!!

9190667471_dc11293d31.jpg

The ledges have been drilled in!! Once again, very pleased with the way it has turned out. Minor fault with the alignment of the ledge at the bottom row (the L-shaped ones) but ok la, I can live with it.

Continued..

Sorry for those who have to read this at 1 short :/ I'll try to make sure it's worth your time :D

9193473958_ab37724d75.jpg

We have our first set of advance housewarming gifts!! 2 cordless phones!

9193473822_c0e9bd331d.jpg

My sister's advance housewarming gift :D It's just so pretty!! (I'll try to get a better pic of this; must do it justice! )

9190682899_716a4feaa1.jpg9190681103_f4efc89843.jpg

Proposed purchase for shoe cabinets; can be used for both storage and seating. Haven't got down to buying them yet so hopefully we get this done by this week. Haizzzz..

Ok that's all for today! I'll be more diligent in my updates in future so you won't have to face this torture again :D

Hoping the louvre bathroom doors will fit in with my modern French theme. For the quartz, I'd have preferred full white. But due to my tight budget, my ID could get only get those white quartz with tiny grey specks at a special price. Hope it turns out nice. *cross fingers* Please do come by my t-blog. I hope to upload more pics next week when more things are done. Right now, my place is still in the organized chaos stage. :P

Ohh modern french! Then the design of the TV console and drawers makes sense! Furniture for that sort of theme sounds expensive but you can try neighbourhood shops which might have these hidden gems among them :) Hahaha organised chaos. Everyone goes through that phase :D Don't hesitate to put your quartz sample through brutal testing just to make sure it's worth your money (if you have the time of course) :P Well it all sounds good! I look forward to following your updates soon!

Continued...

9193522976_66ff977341.jpg

The MBR storage bed frame and mattress! The mattresses chipped off a portion of my ceiling near the stairs ( :angry2: ) but Mr Yeak fixed it up so quickly! I think I have an idea how he finished up the renovation so fast :D And not that he did a sloppy job. Simply put, I couldn't have asked for better workmanship :)

One other common room has a normal bed frame with the same mattress above but realised I didn't take a good picture of it. Or the wardrobe for that room. Tsk! Shame on me.

9190676081_67b9fd14ae.jpg

Hehehehe there are so many deliveries pictured in this picture :P 1) TV console, 2) Chest of Drawers, 3) TV, 4) Storage stool.

The storage stool, pillows (no pics) and cushions (no pics) were FOC. Yay! Gee..I should track my pictures more diligently...

Misc items

9193467182_01c0e9b9f0.jpg

The plumber installed my shelf! Totally pleased with the overall look!!

9190667471_dc11293d31.jpg

The ledges have been drilled in!! Once again, very pleased with the way it has turned out. Minor fault with the alignment of the ledge at the bottom row (the L-shaped ones) but ok la, I can live with it.

Wow! That's a beautiful house you have gotten there! Amazing selection of colour to complement the flooring tiles. :good:

Love the harmonious purple wall. :wub:

Wahhh.....Bold red curtains !.... similar to ones in my parents place! I like to look of it! :good:

You are using the traditional curtain runner railings correct? not that poles type right?

9190686941_db35bfb158.jpg

Nice soothing curtain choice for your Master bedroom ! very nice! :good: I like soothing colors especially in your bedroom!

Common room 2 curtains. Love this colour!

9190732507_9b83302e8c.jpg9190690787_6b46cfd3f1.jpg

MBR curtains and close up. We didn't go for day curtains for the top floor to save some money and because we thought it wasn't compulsory upstairs.

That's all for curtains. Lol and the guy tried to leave without taking any money and I ran behind him after he left the house asking why he wasnt taking the money. And he replied saying he wasnt sure if he could and had to call Debbie to clarify. Lol! So sweet really.

Now for deliveries!

So my washing machine has arrived! It's nestled in nicely in it's cocoon :D You can see my broom/mop holder in the cabinet beside it. I hope it stays as organised as it is now when we move in :D

9193465224_02ed5aec7d.jpg

Ha! I think we have similar taste in terms of appliance...heheheh I also got a Samsung bubble wash front loading washing machine!

I don't have a base or a cabinet built for my washing machine, it is in my service balcony as a standalone next to the windows.

Post more pictures! =)

Thank you Bengologist for the compliment!! That's very gracious of you :) We are glad at how the colours all came together in the end, and yes, the purple wall too :D

Wow! That's a beautiful house you have gotten there! Amazing selection of colour to complement the flooring tiles. :good:

Love the harmonious purple wall. :wub:

Hahaha thanks jaykr! Yes! The red is a lovely colour and I was actually looking for something a little bit more pinkish, but this will do till I find the exact shade I'm looking for :D Yup the traditional curtain rails; can't really accept the poles yet :P

Lol! You got the same washing machine too?? 7kg? But your place will have more people right, cannot be 7kg (i think). I see I see. The cabinets for us was primarily for storage but from your pictures you seem to have ample storage space, so you can do without it :)

Wahhh.....Bold red curtains !.... similar to ones in my parents place! I like to look of it! :good:

You are using the traditional curtain runner railings correct? not that poles type right?

9190686941_db35bfb158.jpg

Nice soothing curtain choice for your Master bedroom ! very nice! :good: I like soothing colors especially in your bedroom!

Ha! I think we have similar taste in terms of appliance...heheheh I also got a Samsung bubble wash front loading washing machine!

I don't have a base or a cabinet built for my washing machine, it is in my service balcony as a standalone next to the windows.

Post more pictures! =)