Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annastans

Joanna's Playground; An Em Dream

Btw, does anyone have reviews on Colorquartz? They have been in singapore only around 1 year or so so if anyone has used them, please feel free to share your views. The test reports look better than good so far but if anyone has some real life experiences to share it would be greatly appreciated :)

Hopefully tomorrow brings with it some clarity...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So we decided to move on with our lives after the whole Caesarstone episode to pick an alternative kitchen countertop. I was previously in touch with BMS Marbles when I was evaluating granite countertops so today I got back to them on the granite and iQuartz (more on this later) selections they offered. So they gave me the Snow white and Pure white samples for quartz and since I wanted Indian granite, I received the Indian Black and Indian Black Galaxy samples.

Indian Black Galaxy

9077099342_cb48828445_n.jpg

Indian Black

9074871605_8fe0a19e34_n.jpg

Snow White (Quartz)

9074874895_fcd0c03e68.jpg

Pure White (Quartz)

9077102758_195d963494_n.jpg

And we proceeded to put all 4 samples through the scratch and stain tests

9077104580_fa2c55f9fb_n.jpg

In addition to the coffee stain pictured above we have added red wine and will leave the stains on overnight before wiping off the next morning. The scratch test results were average. The quartz surfaces had reasonable scratch marks, meaning yes there is a teeeeny tiny scratch line but you can't see it unless you were looking for it; and even then you would have to look very hard. The granite samples were comparable with the Indian Black faring better than the Black Galaxy. The glossy finish of the Black Galaxy makes scratches stand out more than those on the Indian Black.

So when I went down to the shop I was told during the conversation by the boss that it is iQuartz. iQuartz products generally start with "i" while these were just snow white and pure white; and iQuartz's official website doesn't even have anything close to Snow White. SO when I returned to the office I emailed asking for confirmation as to whether it truly is iQuartz and if there will be any labels for identification. The lady serving me mentioned that she wasn't sure and that she had to wait for her boss to return and so will let me know tomorrow. I don't know, maybe she honestly did not know, but I just find it strange that someone working there wouldn't know if it was iQuartz or not. Oh well..let's see what they say tomorrow.

Now for a couple of updates! Our fridge arrived today! :lol::lol: However, they forgot about the oven!! It was on the same invoice so how could you forget it!! They have rescheduled for Thursday but they have yet to confirm the timing.

9074866279_e947beec88_n.jpg

We got the SS version of the MRF62C. So pretty!! And it's a lot bigger than I thought..

9077088884_1729690ba5_n.jpg

The casement windows for the balcony are up!! And once again, they look so pretty! The portion towards the top had to be left open as HDB did not permit the building of casement windows over it. We had the option of boxing up with Acrylic panels but we thought it might be good to leave the opening as it is to facilitate ventilation within the balcony, especially since the toilets and compressors will need proper air movement. Now that it's up, the overall look doesn't seem too bad too :)

9077085854_f2211e0a49_n.jpg

Polishing of the flooring and varnishing of parquet upstairs is done up. The only source of light in this picture are the cove lights and we are pleasantly surprised by it's brightness! We may have to take out 1 bulb from each side in the future though as it can't be too energy efficient. Or we can stick to operation any 2 sides at any point in time.

9074867709_9aa57aa9c5_n.jpg

Was checking out the lights today while waiting for my husband and it struck me how pretty the kitchen lights look! Nice :) That's one more thing to be happy about!

Like how your new casement windows look good with the other windows in the balcony!

Thanks for the compliment Makanology! :)

Due to the prices, we did not go for Caesarstone nor iQuart. We just bought quartz from Lian Hin and the origin is from China. If you don't mind, it might be another possible option for you.

My kitchen top and breakfast bar are made of this quartz. We moved in since May 10th, so far I love the look and even my mum and sister think it looks fabulous. I have a few pictures in my t-blog, feel free to take a peak.

Due to the prices, we did not go for Caesarstone nor iQuart. We just bought quartz from Lian Hin and the origin is from China. If you don't mind, it might be another possible option for you.

My kitchen top and breakfast bar are made of this quartz. We moved in since May 10th, so far I love the look and even my mum and sister think it looks fabulous. I have a few pictures in my t-blog, feel free to take a peak.

Thanks kooky! We did look at some quartz samples from China and put them through some abuse. All fared pretty decently but the only thing that worries us is that it's not been tested here. In any case, we are keeping our options open and trying out all possibilities. The black surface you chose looks lovely though! It goes well with the red cabinets! I've taken note of your supplier and thanks for helping out kooky :)

Here's an update on the house progress and I'm happy to say that we are almost done! Only pending work is the countertop ( of course) but we are very pleased with the progress of the rest of the items :)

9098234892_8161e92094.jpg

The dining area (ex study room) with the dining table that came in yesterday!

9095975019_a462ed8180.jpg

The plumber has installed all the taps and accessories and here's a view of the sink and washing area :)

9095979067_b721a39e06.jpg

The oven has been fitted. The area above is a ventilation vent but the carpenter has taken it back to cut it to a shorter height.

9096029417_08782bff5d.jpg9096023481_50759ec7e6.jpg

Wash area louvred PD door (closed) Opened (teehee)

Update continued..

9096020349_dfa9d5bab1.jpg

Wash area vanity area and mirror (so pretty! :D)

9098215806_19a7de77ac.jpg

MBR toilet vanity area and mirror :)

9098219066_5b55db387a.jpg

Common toilet vanity area and mirror

9098248614_6b33d41dc1.jpg

Ventilation fans installed in all 3 toilets

9096014179_105fd9705d.jpg

All working track lights installed at staircase landing!

A little bit of work is pending such as the balcony area ledge which needs to be painted! Then some minor touch up work. We placed the orders for the beds, storage frames and common room wardrobe yesterday so we are left with the sofa and balcony now :) Yay! Some progress at last.

HI Anna,

Seems like you got the Fujioh Fx 900 and Bosch Oven. Same like me !! ;p What Hob did you get?

Wahhh..... your renovation is pretty fast!

I wanted to get similar kitchen faucet, but was thinking due to my many moving parts if it would spoil easily, so I got a normal one. ;P

So have you like finalized what counter-top you are going to get?

I am waiting for my kitchen cabinet to be completed before I ask them to come for a measurement.

Hmm.... your place seems to be filled with multiple colors ...must be a pretty vibrant place! ;P

Here's an update on the house progress and I'm happy to say that we are almost done! Only pending work is the countertop ( of course) but we are very pleased with the progress of the rest of the items :)

9098234892_8161e92094.jpg

The dining area (ex study room) with the dining table that came in yesterday!

9095975019_a462ed8180.jpg

The plumber has installed all the taps and accessories and here's a view of the sink and washing area :)

9095979067_b721a39e06.jpg

The oven has been fitted. The area above is a ventilation vent but the carpenter has taken it back to cut it to a shorter height.

9096029417_08782bff5d.jpg9096023481_50759ec7e6.jpg

Wash area louvred PD door (closed) Opened (teehee)

Hi jaykr,

Yes! I realised that when you posted pics of your items! Then I realised lots of people in renotalk have this combi. Quite popular items these are. Now all I need is my kitchen aid and I'll be happy looking at my kitchen everyday :D I got the RB-2CG hee! You got the 3 burner one didn't you :P Mine had a major space constraint that the hob HAD to be within 80cm max so I couldn't get the 3 burner hob but was so happy that the 2 burner hob could fit in. Totally can't wait to try it out but I suppose I'll have my clumsy moments when I first start using it.

It's a risk that I have to take with the faucet I suppose but was trying it out yesterday and...it was so much fun! So no regrets so far..

We will make a decision on the counter top by this weekend because we are still speaking with a few suppliers. I still prefer quartz (because there's the option for white shades and properties) so trying for that. But if really no choice then we will get granite, Black Galaxy. That would bring us back to square 1. Ugh.

Yes! I'm amazed how fast it finished up! Now is just about getting the contractor to do up touch ups and waiting for furniture to be delivered. The shopping bit is very exciting and would be a lotttt more enjoyable if not for the haze.

All the best for the table top installation! I hope you don't face any problems like i did!

HI Anna,

Seems like you got the Fujioh Fx 900 and Bosch Oven. Same like me !! ;p What Hob did you get?

Wahhh..... your renovation is pretty fast!

I wanted to get similar kitchen faucet, but was thinking due to my many moving parts if it would spoil easily, so I got a normal one. ;P

So have you like finalized what counter-top you are going to get?

I am waiting for my kitchen cabinet to be completed before I ask them to come for a measurement.

Hmm.... your place seems to be filled with multiple colors ...must be a pretty vibrant place! ;P

Over the weekend we dropped by Expo to purchase some of our items and we managed to grab our sofa, coffee table and TV :) Here they are!

9133826542_a155484e0f.jpg

Our TV! :D We will only be able to start watching all cable channels from 20th July but at least we can view the free to air channels meanwhile! Besides, I shall console myself by getting busy in the kitchen till cable comes :D (I can hear my husband thinking to himself, ya right :P )

9133806128_d1b2f53d83.jpg

We got this half leather sofa in this colour with some changes; So we will be adding an extra seat in between making it 3 + 1L along with it's 2 seater version. I'm just hoping they all fit into the living!!

9131606965_c0004b1943.jpg

Got this coffee table bundled in as well and we will have it in white. It can be opened up as well!! (See pic below)

9131600983_de74f04a8d.jpg

Ta daa! :D

I just hope everything comes in good condition and on time!

Hey annastans,

do you mind sharing with me how much is your coffee table? I'm sourcing for one for my newly-renovated house.

Thanks much much! :lol:

Hello Bengologist, this was originally $399 then he gave it for $320. It's got 4 drawers and the opening up you see in the pics above is a 180 deg flip about a joint in the middle, not a slide back. Super cool! :D I thought it was worth it :)

Hey annastans,

do you mind sharing with me how much is your coffee table? I'm sourcing for one for my newly-renovated house.

Thanks much much! :lol:

Today we bought the last of the major furniture items :'D

9149912943_693c82330a.jpg

White chest of drawers to be placed below the altar

9149913155_109d1e754d.jpg

Matching white TV Console.

Hopefully all the whites blend in nicely in the living room! All deliveries are scheduled for Saturday and after settling the remaining amounts, I'll feel less poor! Whee! Oh right, and we also purchased our washing machine from Zero; the Samsung front load WF702U2. Remaining tiny accessories and furniture stuff can wait till we get our next pay cheques :lol: