Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edd

No Money Also Wan Reno...bk Batok 3Rm

really? no wonder last two visits nvr see the stall open, i haven try yet leh! :(

now hope the coffee shop opposite my block faster finish renovation, got a stew soup stall, also haven try yet, better dun move out after the reno :(

Edited by edd

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Before their renovation, that kopitiam quite 'sad'; many stalls not opened and variety pathetic. Hope this will improve when they reopen. Now looking at their progress, we won't be surprised if kopitiam renovation will be faster than ours lol

haha, thx! in fact i also see the picture of beng's base corner then i decided to take a closer look at mine lor :rolleyes:

yea, bought all three of them, the only problem is the sofa cannot deliver at the date i wanted, have to go sofa-less or delay the moving in lor :bleah:

haiz, never do enough homework , din know sofa might take longer to deliver de...... :bangwall:

Haha! You went down to Hommage Trading to buy the sofa? Their prices are very reasonable and their staff are the best salesperson any shop can hire because they are friendly, not pushy and able to answer queries professionally. However, they have a downside, that is any furnitures purchase will have an indent period of up to a month. I'm so sorry I did not highlight this to you. The TV console I purchased from them requires 1 month for delivery too. :(

Before their renovation, that kopitiam quite 'sad'; many stalls not opened and variety pathetic. Hope this will improve when they reopen. Now looking at their progress, we won't be surprised if kopitiam renovation will be faster than ours lol

Hi Makan, read Mr E's frustrations over ur reno on ur blog.. hope things can turn for the better soon.. take care both!

take care, 船到桥头自然直.

ur block got upgrading ar? i went over to ur block area on saturday to walk walk, see ur void deck so new so clean so nice!!

Haha! You went down to Hommage Trading to buy the sofa? Their prices are very reasonable and their staff are the best salesperson any shop can hire because they are friendly, not pushy and able to answer queries professionally. However, they have a downside, that is any furnitures purchase will have an indent period of up to a month. I'm so sorry I did not highlight this to you. The TV console I purchased from them requires 1 month for delivery too. :(

hahaha, not ur fault, i wanted to go down to Hommage during their relocation sale..... then i drag and drag, otherwise the one month period is alright de.

i like their fabric sofas, squarish and rectanglish, look very proportional, simple and elegant. i saw one high back rest de....over my puny budget, haiz!

Edited by edd

take care, 船到桥头自然直.

ur block got upgrading ar? i went over to ur block area on saturday to walk walk, see ur void deck so new so clean so nice!!

Ya the lift upgrading and I think they also redo all the cement flooring for ground floor and every floor. But we are the ones paying for this cos HDB didn't managed to bill my seller in time! Lucky deduct from CPF...

hahaha, not ur fault, i wanted to go down to Hommage during their relocation sale..... then i drag and drag, otherwise the one month period is alright de.

i like their fabric sofas, squarish and rectanglish, look very proportional, simple and elegant. i saw one high back rest de....over my puny budget, haiz!

Me too! I love all their furnitures and fittings too! Very elegantly designed like what you mention. If I'm not restricted by my tight budget, I would have bought their whole showroom and squeeze everything into my little house. Hahaha! :lol:

Haiz, rant a bit!

Start of phase two of the renovation already got problem liao!

Firstly, aaron help me liaise the delivery of the bathroom items and kitchen sink which i ordered from hoe kee in early february.

One item is out of stock.....they informed aaron but never tell me anything at all when they called me....

never even mention about it when i asked if there's anything wrong with the items.....

so purpose of calling me? it is to ask me go down to settle the balance payment.....WTH....my items not all accounted for and yet got the cheek to ask for payment without telling me the truth!!!!

Luckily the out of stock item is not the kitchen sink which needs to be measured for the carpentry works.

Secondly, after removing the existing cornices....it was found that my walls are not "levelled" as dunno which previous owner had plastered the wall before....

so need to do whole hse plastering......ffuuaa....plastering is not the few hundred bucks kinda thing leh!!!

hopefully got alternative solution....anyone know the rate for plastering for 3rm?

Edited by edd

Yours not a prefab flat like ours? Then better to plaster but we heard it can cost a few thousands:( hope I am wrong

Next, till now i still dunno what is the purpose of this kerb/platform at the bottom of the pipes, had been wondering for almost three decades but lazy to find out the answer

Yahhor, I didn't notice its presence. Haha. But based on how I scrub the toilet floor with the broomstick type of cleaning brush, I think it's good that the kerb is there to prevent my brush hitting and abusing the bottom of the pipes??

hopefully got alternative solution....anyone know the rate for plastering for 3rm?

We were quoted $1400 for our 3 room. I think my ID/contractor price not cheap, not steep but still feel heart pain. Haha.

Yahhor, I didn't notice its presence. Haha. But based on how I scrub the toilet floor with the broomstick type of cleaning brush, I think it's good that the kerb is there to prevent my brush hitting and abusing the bottom of the pipes??

We were quoted $1400 for our 3 room. I think my ID/contractor price not cheap, not steep but still feel heart pain. Haha.

about the kerb, yea maybe tat's the purpose lol !!

thx for the figure, needed a rough figure to gauge because my kitchen walls had already been plastered. not i want to be niao, budget really tight liao!

anyone else who did plastering for 3rm recently pls share, thx!

Edited by edd

Yo dude, jus when we thought ur reno sailing smoothly... haiz! We've all been thru it...

Plastering my entire 74sqm 3-rm cost me $1,300...

Yo dude, jus when we thought ur reno sailing smoothly... haiz! We've all been thru it...

Plastering my entire 74sqm 3-rm cost me $1,300...

hahaha, quoting our MIW govt "if dun encounter prob then i worry!!"

lol wah....i tink i kena overcharged for my kitchen plastering wor....800 bucks for a small kitchen sia :wacko:

Edited by edd

hahaha, quoting our MIW govt "if dun encounter prob then i worry!!"

lol wah....i tink i kena overcharged for my kitchen plastering wor....800 bucks for a small kitchen sia :wacko:

Oh, jus to clarify my kitchen only plaster ceiling cos all the walls r fully tiled (incl behind the kitchen cabinets)

On a side note, for me, even after plastering the walls oso not perfect like those new pre-fab units :( Mayb it's the workmanship? Mayb that's the prob wif old flats (mine >25 yo liao? Wat's the experience of other bros n sis?