Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edd

No Money Also Wan Reno...bk Batok 3Rm

told them, this way of running the trunking is best for you but in the expense of creating three major problems for me to solve and live with a ugly wardrobe which is not up to my expectation and purpose.

well, aircon guy B insist tat way is the best to ensure a long lasting aircon operation with minimal service required. Nowadays where got electrical product is "long lasting" one???

my proposed way of laying the trunking, they say not enough gradient, say one year later sure got issue, then comment got electrical trunking on top, the fancoil cannot reach the ceiling, very hard to mount the trunking, etc...wait, did i install the electrical trunking myself? blame me ar?

best part is the sentence " you want it this way, i do for you lor but sure got issue"...to me this imply " u say one har, anything wrong dun come and find me hor!"

then ask for their "expert" recommendation, B say can move the MBR fancoil to another location, removing one ugly corner from the wardrobe area, but the trunking to the common room die die must go to the skirting level and thru my wardrobe to the common room. But he say and emphasize again " but u wan tat way(my proposed way) ma, i run for u lor"

so i dam sian liao, furthermore later going to work also, so i tell B " fine, then just install the MBR with the minimal trunking needed, no way i am going to accept a shaky headboard or a unmovable partition behind it and neither i am going to pay for a fugly wardrobe which at the same time fall short of my expectation"

Wah complicated! Can feel wif ur frustrations :o

I left everything to the "experts".. luckily not a major issue asthetically. Hopefully my trunking, gradient or watever techicalities were done professionally & properly too.. dun gimme problem nex time 就好 :P

Edited by jus4fun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

By the way, mind sharing wat brand & System u using, & the damage? (can pm if not convenient to share here) Thanks!

Mine was selected based on usage pattern of my wife. She is the one who insist of having aircon.

Mitsubishi starmex system 2 , non inverter.

told them, this way of running the trunking is best for you but in the expense of creating three major problems for me to solve and live with a ugly wardrobe which is not up to my expectation and purpose.

well, aircon guy B insist tat way is the best to ensure a long lasting aircon operation with minimal service required. Nowadays where got electrical product is "long lasting" one???

my proposed way of laying the trunking, they say not enough gradient, say one year later sure got issue, then comment got electrical trunking on top, the fancoil cannot reach the ceiling, very hard to mount the trunking, etc...wait, did i install the electrical trunking myself? blame me ar?

best part is the sentence " you want it this way, i do for you lor but sure got issue"...to me this imply " u say one har, anything wrong dun come and find me hor!"

then ask for their "expert" recommendation, B say can move the MBR fancoil to another location, removing one ugly corner from the wardrobe area, but the trunking to the common room die die must go to the skirting level and thru my wardrobe to the common room. But he say and emphasize again " but u wan tat way(my proposed way) ma, i run for u lor"

so i dam sian liao, furthermore later going to work also, so i tell B " fine, then just install the MBR with the minimal trunking needed, no way i am going to accept a shaky headboard or a unmovable partition behind it and neither i am going to pay for a fugly wardrobe which at the same time fall short of my expectation"

OMG! Your aircon technician say exactly the same thing to me! He also told me that the trunking in the master bedroom was done in that way so as to ensure there will be minimal servicing, to reduce sweating of the pipelines and reduce rusting of components in the compressor. Well, I'm a noob in this area, so I agreed to his way without much thoughts, that's why my air-con trunking in MBR also very fugly. :~

But I have chosen to live with it so as not to further delay my renovation progress. :(

Mine was selected based on usage pattern of my wife. She is the one who insist of having aircon.

Mitsubishi starmex system 2 , non inverter.

I lived all my years without an air-con. Wanted to do in old hse but no way, so waited for mass reno. So u shd do now lah else very hard to do once the rest r up..

Originally i oso intended to go for S2 non-inverter only but somehow was convinced to settle for a Starmex S3 inverter. Seldom use now oso except for very very hot nights like lately, when there r visitors & MJ sessions (a must for me).. Hee hee! :lol:

the main problem is the piping to the common room, that is the one causing all the problem.

should i had installed a single split in the first place, the trunking needed for mbr is actualy short and sweet de....

I lived all my years without an air-con. Wanted to do in old hse but no way, so waited for mass reno. So u shd do now lah else very hard to do once the rest r up..

Originally i oso intended to go for S2 non-inverter only but somehow was convinced to settle for a Starmex S3 inverter. Seldom use now oso except for very very hot nights like lately, when there r visitors & MJ sessions (a must for me).. Hee hee! :lol:

hahaha, i also lived all my life without aircon, in fact i hate aircon, i work 12 nite shift in my office, by morning, my hands is like 寒冰神掌 one.....

but my wife die die wan ma...so ok lor... her wish ish my command ma....

initially we settled on single split unit, no aircon for common room and intend to train future kids to go aircon-less as well de.

then when discussing with aaron, he says can get cheaper price than GC with his contact...furthermore do commercial project with them one...so ok lor...but his contact aka B dun carry single split, minimum system 2.

since i am renovating, so i give in lor...but never to expect he go run the trunking like that, as if i got do feature wall or platform to cover them.

hahaha, i also lived all my life without aircon, in fact i hate aircon, i work 12 nite shift in my office, by morning, my hands is like 寒冰神掌 one.....

but my wife die die wan ma...so ok lor... her wish ish my command ma....

initially we settled on single split unit, no aircon for common room and intend to train future kids to go aircon-less as well de.

then when discussing with aaron, he says can get cheaper price than GC with his contact...furthermore do commercial project with them one...so ok lor...but his contact aka B dun carry single split, minimum system 2.

since i am renovating, so i give in lor...but never to expect he go run the trunking like that, as if i got do feature wall or platform to cover them.

Stay cool bro. U r a loving hubby! Wifey sure love u much much! :wub:

For now, jus make the best out of the worst situation lor. Now that the trunking r minimised, plus the painting, i'm sure it won't turn out so bad when everything else is up. Hope i'm wrong but i think the gap behind the bed should be ok, ur headboard shd not go rickety. In fact, even without the air-con trunking, there will still be a small gap between the headboard & the wall due to the skirting.. no way the headboard can park 稳稳 against the wall de la...

PS. Side track a bit.. u mentioned u work 12 nite shift (or 12-hr nite shift?) Security line? Paiseh, jus k-po, no obligation to answer pls :P

Edited by jus4fun

hehe, the small gap i can live with it, becus skirting ma, if possible, i dun wan install skirting de, but everybody frown upon my suggestion :bleah:

but the gap caused by the aircon trunking to me is an eyesore :angry: , die die also cannot, unless he make at least a full height feature wall or full length partition board for me FOC lor! :angry2:

security no la, where got so strong....manufacturing industry la

received an email late last night and ooohh, its my wardrobe 3d pic!

only the wardrobe is correct tho, floor color, bed, etc all sala lol

23052013bedroomaaronBlk324bukitbatokst33

hehe, the small gap i can live with it, becus skirting ma, if possible, i dun wan install skirting de, but everybody frown upon my suggestion :bleah:

but the gap caused by the aircon trunking to me is an eyesore :angry: , die die also cannot, unless he make at least a full height feature wall or full length partition board for me FOC lor! :angry2:

security no la, where got so strong....manufacturing industry la

So wat's the eventual solution?

By the way, jus to share.. my condenser unit oso not bolted to the bracket.. OMG!! :jawdrop: Mayb all r like tt one?? :(

IMG_4834_zps1d078bcd.jpg

Edited by jus4fun

hahaha, yea i posted it up on a facebook grp page asking for opinion too.

from there, i found out that bolting down the compressor is not a normal practice, many were not bolted down so it's normal...but they do question the positioning of my compressor and the "small leg" part. (the part i circled red on my pic)

looking at ur pic, ur compressor's "small leg" are at least placed at the bracket properly...but for mine, one of the "small leg" is supporting its share of load on its' tip! i see liao also scared will break considering that leg is at the motor side of the compressor which is heavier.

Update: the compressor was fixed up properly liao and B even bolted it down to the bracket when i told him to shift the compressor only. Now it looks much safer liao, forget to take pic!!

@jus4fun, so the eventual solution is i made the dumbest choice to only install the MBR aircon, leaving the common room aircon-less. i dun wan to take the risk of problems occuring after a year or so due to my insistence to do the trunking my way.

today also ordered my mattress and pillows from Seahorse, paiseh wifey, no money buy better mattress liao, make do with Seahorse first hor!!

Edited by edd

Sand and trunking debris was cleared out from my house finally, hopefully monday onwards they will start working on touching up my uneven walls, no money for cosmetic surgery of my walls aka plastering.

According to aaron, the schedule would be touching up walls followed by painting, after that lightings/DB and laminate flooring will come up, followed by my iron gate and grilles.

And i shall go scout for TV and microwave oven, probably during GSS...start from first week of june right??

Dining table/chairs and computer table will be from our blue and yellow friend Ikea and maybe some other loose items from beds.sg.