Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edd

No Money Also Wan Reno...bk Batok 3Rm

Wow edd, our renovations started around the same time but yours is already wayyyyyy ahead of mine. Guess I gotta talk to the boss of my ID firm and ask him to spank my ID 8| for the slow progress. Hahahaha!!

Nice renovation pics there! Continue to update us! :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

bro, ur reno is progressing very fast! brand new cozy house in no time! good for u! thumps up!

ya, such leakage (whether on us or on our neighbours downstairs) can b a worry at all times! but dun worry too much in ur case. it's probably happened during the wet works before tiling. once ur water-proofing done (if it's properly done), the leakage downstairs would probably hv ceased.. :)

well, aaron whatsapp me last night updating that the issue is nothing major and assured that he'll settle it. :good:

so far i really have to say it's been a wonderful experience working with him, maybe i'm not really the strict time as long i see progress was made and works are done to acceptable standard. :dancingqueen:

Wow edd, our renovations started around the same time but yours is already wayyyyyy ahead of mine. Guess I gotta talk to the boss of my ID firm and ask him to spank my ID 8| for the slow progress. Hahahaha!!

oh...i did not do tiling for kitchen walls tho, just plain plastering, that should shave off some time from the tiling part and also the fact that i reduced the kitchen size by extending the living room :notti:

well, aaron whatsapp me last night updating that the issue is nothing major and assured that he'll settle it. :good:

so far i really have to say it's been a wonderful experience working with him, maybe i'm not really the strict time as long i see progress was made and works are done to acceptable standard. :dancingqueen:

oh...i did not do tiling for kitchen walls tho, just plain plastering, that should shave off some time from the tiling part and also the fact that i reduced the kitchen size by extending the living room :notti:

I really think this Aaron guy is indeed a responsible ID. Mine don't even send me an sms or call to update on the renovation progress. I have to give him calls to follow up on things, such as revised drawings, carpentry work, signing of additional VOs, next payment etc. I guess I need to ask him to give me half of the renovation fee I paid for the coordination work I have provided him. Hahahahahaha! :notti:

well. not advertising for aaron or anything.

he's been responsive for all the whatsapp msgs i threw at him, only time he took more than half a day to reply was that his company sent him on a course.

i also found out he is handling five to six sites this month including mine, yet he still pretty punctual on his appointment with me despite not having a vehicle.

so far together with the progress i seen, really dun have much complaints to make, well maybe except his company is a GST registered one, holding me back to add in additional works and make changes which potentially involve additional costs.

next up is carpentry, his company has their own factory in sembawang tho(can't remember the address :P), so i shall see how good the workmanship is going to be, although i'm no expert

Edited by edd

I agree with Beng too! We are next to your block and our renovation started on the same date but we are still at tiling stage now. Your renovation progress is extremely fast!

well. not advertising for aaron or anything.

he's been responsive for all the whatsapp msgs i threw at him, only time he took more than half a day to reply was that his company sent him on a course.

i also found out he is handling five to six sites this month including mine, yet he still pretty punctual on his appointment with me despite not having a vehicle.

so far together with the progress i seen, really dun have much complaints to make, well maybe except his company is a GST registered one, holding me back to add in additional works and make changes which potentially involve additional costs.

next up is carpentry, his company has their own factory in sembawang tho(can't remember the address :P), so i shall see how good the workmanship is going to be, although i'm no expert

From the way how you described his services, I guess you must be beaming that you have made the right selection of ID. Mine's a non-GST registered company, so that's probably the only thing I can be slightly proud of. Haha!

Looking forward to the carpentary work. If the company's good, I can recommend it to my sister and her boyfriend when they get their keys either end of this year or early next year. Ha! :good:

From the way how you described his services, I guess you must be beaming that you have made the right selection of ID. Mine's a non-GST registered company, so that's probably the only thing I can be slightly proud of. Haha!

Looking forward to the carpentary work. If the company's good, I can recommend it to my sister and her boyfriend when they get their keys either end of this year or early next year. Ha! :good:

Ya, our ID firm is one of few bigger ones ard that doesn't charge GST.. dunno why leh looking at their turnover sales.. mayb they absorbed it, mayb factored in liao. Anyway, when i was comparing quotes, their quote was slightly lower than those that charge GST. Oso, it was the only firm i came across tt offered 5-yr warranty (they hv been around since 1982 so should be reliable) Plus my ID seemed quite gd & sincere & knowlegeable at that time, except for his slow responsiveness tt i complained to u lor.. haha! These were some of the reasons why i chose them..

As for carpentary works, i was told 3D has its own carpentary workshop [i oso understd that 3D has its own electrical company, etc (it's a group of 3D companies) & does not sub-contract] But when i spoke to the carpenter(s), they from JB & 'work with' 3D on projects.. so some of the subsequent recitifcation works not very responsive. But i didn't bother to ask more since towards the end liao. Mayb u can tap tap more info from ur ID & carpenter(s).. hee hee! I'm curious to know! Thx bro! Overall the carpentary worksmanship still quite ok. Hope it's gd for u too!

Edited by jus4fun

Ya, our ID firm is one of few bigger ones ard that doesn't charge GST.. dunno why leh looking at their turnover sales.. mayb they absorbed it, mayb factored in liao. Anyway, when i was comparing quotes, their quote was slightly lower than those that charge GST. Oso, it was the only firm i came across tt offered 5-yr warranty (they hv been around since 1982 so should be reliable) Plus my ID seemed quite gd & sincere & knowlegeable at that time, except for his slow responsiveness tt i complained to u lor.. haha! These were some of the reasons why i chose them..

As for carpentary works, i was told 3D has its own carpentary workshop [i oso understd that 3D has its own electrical company, etc (it's a group of 3D companies) & does not sub-contract] But when i spoke to the carpenter(s), they from JB & 'work with' 3D on projects.. so some of the subsequent recitifcation works not very responsive. But i didn't bother to ask more since towards the end liao. Mayb u can tap tap more info from ur ID & carpenter(s).. hee hee! I'm curious to know! Thx bro! Overall the carpentary worksmanship still quite ok. Hope it's gd for u too!

Tell you a secret, they are gonna be GST-registered company soon. Hahaha! I'm so glad that I signed with them before their GST registration.

Yes, I agreed with you on the 5 years warranty and the affordable quotation. They don't anyhow charge their prices and to be honest, I think the prices are much better than some of the quotes I received. As for the workmanship, I will update in my T-blog after they install the wardrobes, cabinets etc.

@edd: Apologies for vandalizing your T-blog to give some rare compliments to my ID firm. I shall hand this back to you. More pics please. :notti:

Tell you a secret, they are gonna be GST-registered company soon. Hahaha! I'm so glad that I signed with them before their GST registration.

Yes, I agreed with you on the 5 years warranty and the affordable quotation. They don't anyhow charge their prices and to be honest, I think the prices are much better than some of the quotes I received. As for the workmanship, I will update in my T-blog after they install the wardrobes, cabinets etc.

@edd: Apologies for vandalizing your T-blog to give some rare compliments to my ID firm. I shall hand this back to you. More pics please. :notti:

@edd: paiseh too! :P I'll get back to ah beng's blog.. :lol:

Today morning went up after work again, but no work done....according to schedule yesterday is the last day for tiling work but they finished early. :deal:

Guess the phase two works are going to start next week as planned in the schedule.

Since i was there, i tried to take some better pics with my noob photography skills :rolleyes:

Firstly, a close up look on beng's favorite rounded corner base :lol: , think the round edge of the tile on top was pretty well done

IMAG0207_zps7a5f619f.jpg

Next, till now i still dunno what is the purpose of this kerb/platform at the bottom of the pipes, had been wondering for almost three decades but lazy to find out the answer

IMAG0206_zps74fe4214.jpg

Finally managed to snap a pic of my toilet wall and floor, showing the contrast of two different shades of grey. noob photgrapher at work

IMAG0205_zpsd6d00e9a.jpg

Leveling of the extended living room floor, preparing for laminate floor to cover over it, again...a noob photographer, should have place the camera nearer to the ground?

IMAG0208_zps998f26b9.jpg

Lastly, boxing up of the Louvre part of the old school door frame...box up so early, wat if aircon trunking needs to go thru, how ar!!!?? :dunno:

IMAG0209_zps26c5d051.jpg

Edited by edd

Today morning went up after work again, but no work done....according to schedule yesterday is the last day for tiling work but they finished early. :deal:

Guess the phase two works are going to start next week as planned in the schedule.

Since i was there, i tried to take some better pics with my noob photography skills :rolleyes:

Firstly, a close up look on beng's favorite rounded corner base :lol: , think the round edge of the tile on top was pretty well done

IMAG0207_zps7a5f619f.jpg

Next, till now i still dunno what is the purpose of this kerb/platform at the bottom of the pipes, had been wondering for almost three decades but lazy to find out the answer

IMAG0206_zps74fe4214.jpg

Finally managed to snap a pic of my toilet wall and floor, showing the contrast of two different shades of grey. noob photgrapher at work

IMAG0205_zpsd6d00e9a.jpg

Leveling of the extended living room floor, preparing for laminate floor to cover over it, again...a noob photographer, should have place the camera nearer to the ground?

IMAG0208_zps998f26b9.jpg

Lastly, boxing up of the Louvre part of the old school door frame...box up so early, wat if aircon trunking needs to go thru, how ar!!!?? :dunno:

IMAG0209_zps26c5d051.jpg

Hahahaha! Your round-edged base is done much professionally than mine. Mine look like a chip off the corner.

Good effort from your renovator! :good:

P.S.: Your photography skills are good, showing exactly what you want us to see and know. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder! Yeahhh! :thumbs up:

Today is so hot and sunny!

Decided to go down to Hommage Lifestyle to see see look look. Lucky their new location is so near to the MRT, if not will sweat like **** for a car-less guy like me.

Had read about good reviews regarding Hommage since i started lurking in renotalk, i was hesitant to go down as their product designs seems to be of the expensive type as compared to Nova, Defu, etc.

Nonetheless, it's about time for me to decide on my furniture and so...hommage here i come!

Indeed, the experience was as good as the reviews suggested. Friendly salesperson who is not pushy, patient and yet offer assistance/advice in choosing colors.

1) Fabric sofa, 2m length.

Simple and good looking, wanted to get the model behind but decided not to due to the bigger armrest which is not to my liking.

Will be in light grey in color including the cushions and pillows.

IMAG0216_zps181392e3.jpg

2) Bed frame, nothing special and not their expensive type, will remove the middle dividing line on the headboard cushion

IMAG0215_zpscb96d42c.jpg

3)TV console. their newer designs are of length 1.8m to 2m, which just fits into the entire space i allocated for tv console leaving no extra space at all.

was also worried that it may pose a problem when the main door swing inwards. Hence i chose an older design with a shorter length of 1.65m. Not as nice as their newer designs tho

IMAG0217_zps285562bc.jpg

all three adds up to the budget i propose to the salesperson when he asked about my budget.

Edited by edd

Ya edd, ur fridge base corner so professionally done! Beng's n mine like chipped off lor.. :( No wonder z3phy's comments when she saw Beng's pic! Thumbs up to ur contractor! :)

Ya such a hot day! Spent my whole afternn sleeping at hm after a jog in the morning n polishing my ride, while u happy shopping in air-con... Haha! So u bou the items? Nice leh!

Edited by jus4fun

haha, thx! in fact i also see the picture of beng's base corner then i decided to take a closer look at mine lor :rolleyes:

yea, bought all three of them, the only problem is the sofa cannot deliver at the date i wanted, have to go sofa-less or delay the moving in lor :bleah:

haiz, never do enough homework , din know sofa might take longer to deliver de...... :bangwall:

Edited by edd

Edd, on a side note, just found out the home-made dim sum stall below your block has closed down :( haiz, only managed to try it once and it was quite good