Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edd

No Money Also Wan Reno...bk Batok 3Rm

hmm..... let me ask you'll. Isn't running trunking on top/near celing more ugly and obvious than running below? Below at least you can hide the trunking by the bed, night stand etc... On top not possible to hide unless you box it up and if you have low ceiling, boxing up will make your ceiling even lower.

I was thinking of running my trunking below so that when the bed comes it will hide the trunking . Do you see any issues with that?

My trunking would also be running through my wardrobe but only at the side right at end , so I am guessing I will lose about 4 inches of my wardrobe space below, which should be fine as that part is for hanging clothes and no drawers there.

Anyone sees a problem with it? Appreciate any comments / feedback help. thanx!!

Hi Jaykr, the air-con trunking in my MBR was run mainly below & run thru the wardrobe (u may see my pics & posts i shared with edd above). Not so much of an issue for me, except there is gap between headboard & wall which I can bear with it. But the same thing is definitely a no-no for edd. So really up to individual. Most importantly is must comms with ur ID & air-con guy before installation. [Actually i left it to my ID, carpenter & air-con guy; luckily turned out ok. Given my layout (a 3-rm), there's not a single trunking seen for my living rm air-con & only a small part for my common rm air-con.]

I saw in ur blog u went for a Sys-2 + a single split. Is it to avoid having too many trunking?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi jus4fun,

I don't have any ID, we are the ID's. :P

So, I am planning the route for my aircon trunking as well as all the other details.

I chose a system 2 and a single split for a number of reasons actually . The combination I had is definitely more expensive but I think in the long run it would be a better choice.

1. Like you mentioned the trunking is one of the reasons. My main compressor is in the master bedroom. The distance from my master bedroom to my study room is more than 25 - 26 Feet which is pretty far. There would be a big mrt track running through my living room into my dining and then to my study room. I wanted to totally avoid that.

2. Due to the distance, the cooling would also be pretty bad so another reason as to why I didn't want to do it.

3. Based on usage patterns and the different personalities in the house, I expect the study room air-con to be less used and the master bedroom and next room to be used more, so I expect more wear and tear to the bigger unit and thus the cost of replacement or repair will be higher will be higher if it is a single system.

4. Based on the energy efficiency website, using this combination of single split and system two seems to more energy & cost efficient. Cost and energy efficiency is a big concern for me so another reason why I chose this.

Phew! these are the reasons for my selection / choice. :P

Hi Jaykr, the air-con trunking in my MBR was run mainly below & run thru the wardrobe (u may see my pics & posts i shared with edd above). Not so much of an issue for me, except there is gap between headboard & wall which I can bear with it. But the same thing is definitely a no-no for edd. So really up to individual. Most importantly is must comms with ur ID & air-con guy before installation. [Actually i left it to my ID, carpenter & air-con guy; luckily turned out ok. Given my layout (a 3-rm), there's not a single trunking seen for my living rm air-con & only a small part for my common rm air-con.]

I saw in ur blog u went for a Sys-2 + a single split. Is it to avoid having too many trunking?

Edited by jaykr

Hi jus4fun,

I don't have any ID, we are the ID's. :P

So, I am planning the route for my aircon trunking as well as all the other details.

I chose a system 2 and a single split for a number of reasons actually . The combination I had is definitely more expensive but I think in the long run it would be a better choice.

1. Like you mentioned the trunking is one of the reasons. My main compressor is in the master bedroom. The distance from my master bedroom to my study room is more than 25 - 26 Feet which is pretty far. There would be a big mrt track running through my living room into my dining and then to my study room. I wanted to totally avoid that.

2. Due to the distance, the cooling would also be pretty bad so another reason as to why I didn't want to do it.

3. Based on usage patterns and the different personalities in the house, I expect the study room air-con to be less used and the master bedroom and next room to be used more, so I expect more wear and tear to the bigger unit and thus the cost of replacement or repair will be higher will be higher if it is a single system.

4. Based on the energy efficiency website, using this combination of single split and system two seems to more energy & cost efficient. Cost and energy efficiency is a big concern for me so another reason why I chose this.

Phew! these are the reasons for my selection / choice. :P

Wow a lot of study u've done.. thumbs up! & u were saying u din plan or budget for it originally... :lol:

Edited by jus4fun

heheheheh... yup...yup.... spent the last two weeks researching on this ...;P

Last minute research....heheh..

Wow a lot of study u've done.. thumbs up! & u were saying u din plan or budget for it originally... :lol:

hmm..... let me ask you'll. Isn't running trunking on top/near celing more ugly and obvious than running below? Below at least you can hide the trunking by the bed, night stand etc... On top not possible to hide unless you box it up and if you have low ceiling, boxing up will make your ceiling even lower.

I was thinking of running my trunking below so that when the bed comes it will hide the trunking . Do you see any issues with that?

My trunking would also be running through my wardrobe but only at the side right at end , so I am guessing I will lose about 4 inches of my wardrobe space below, which should be fine as that part is for hanging clothes and no drawers there.

Anyone sees a problem with it? Appreciate any comments / feedback help. thanx!!

Hi jaykr,

as jus4fun bro mentioned, it's really up to individual.

to me, i can't stand the trunking for a few reasons.

Firstly i'm purchasing a cheap bed frame, so there is no guarantee the headboard will be fixed firmly to the divan, i had seen user comments on beds.sg that some headboard are shaky after fixed up and rectification for some of their cheaper bedframes(the range which i purchased), the aircon mrt track is simply too thick for my own comfort. Also, i'm not doing any partition board or feature wall, these are extra costs which i dun tink i should incur just to solve the gap thingy caused by the trunking which of course could be run in another way. :bleah:

Secondly, the thick mrt track cuts into the front and back of my wardrobe like the EW line. From outdoor station redhill to tiong bahru(tunnel into the bottom of my wardrobe) then exit from lavendar(tunnel out of my wardrobe at the top!) to kallang. This effectively reduce my wardrobe size at both sides and back, defeating the purpose of me having a build-in wardrobe to maximise space...and of course the look .Not going to pay 1.7k for a wardrobe like this! :bleah:

For ur single split+ system 2, u have to make sure the compressor of the single split can be mounted outside of ur study room, i dunno if it's allowed to have another compressor mounted other than hdb's designated place to mount one because u have to hack the hdb wall if i'm not wrong. :dunno:

Edited by edd

My aircon compressor, before and after pic!! doesn't it look much safer now???

b4afteraircon_zps8aea930b.png

Update : Painting is done! There's an uncle today doing touch up painting when i was there. Due to handphone cam, the colors are not really produced accurately!!

My toilet piping also painted!

Man of a few colors : Living room+ kitchen untiled walls --> Lily white, Both bedrooms --> Latte

painting_zpsec724345.png

Laminate flooring materials arrived too! tomorow will start my living room + bedroom flooring.

They are from evorich, on the left is Oak Prank Grey, for both my bedrooms, hope it blends well with the Latte color.

On the right is Contrasting Meringue, for my living room.

IMAG0239_zps9c343345.jpg

Edited by edd

Same here... Tomorrow our laminate flooring will be up!

wow, urs is fast and furious 7!!!!

Hahaha yes it is! Was just calculating how many curry puffs to buy for the various teams tomorrow..15 people? Tomorrow is THE day to cheong cos we are moving in on Friday! *sweat*

Your laminate colors look good!

haha, thx! these colors were chosen by gut feeling actually!

originally planned to have light brown flooring

I agree with you. For me , I would rather not have aircon if I have to have a wardrobe that has trunking running through it from one end to the other end. Even for the very short distance through my wardrobe I was against it, but the alternatives were worst. Whether it is run up or below , my trunking still has to go a short distance through the cabinet so I decided below as it is easier to hide. I told them to go through the wall and come out the other room and then run from top to bottom .

Lets see how it turns out on Friday. =)

Hi jaykr,

as jus4fun bro mentioned, it's really up to individual.

to me, i can't stand the trunking for a few reasons.

Firstly i'm purchasing a cheap bed frame, so there is no guarantee the headboard will be fixed firmly to the divan, i had seen user comments on beds.sg that some headboard are shaky after fixed up and rectification for some of their cheaper bedframes(the range which i purchased), the aircon mrt track is simply too thick for my own comfort. Also, i'm not doing any partition board or feature wall, these are extra costs which i dun tink i should incur just to solve the gap thingy caused by the trunking which of course could be run in another way. :bleah:

Secondly, the thick mrt track cuts into the front and back of my wardrobe like the EW line. From outdoor station redhill to tiong bahru(tunnel into the bottom of my wardrobe) then exit from lavendar(tunnel out of my wardrobe at the top!) to kallang. This effectively reduce my wardrobe size at both sides and back, defeating the purpose of me having a build-in wardrobe to maximise space...and of course the look .Not going to pay 1.7k for a wardrobe like this! :bleah:

For ur single split+ system 2, u have to make sure the compressor of the single split can be mounted outside of ur study room, i dunno if it's allowed to have another compressor mounted other than hdb's designated place to mount one because u have to hack the hdb wall if i'm not wrong. :dunno:

My aircon compressor, before and after pic!! doesn't it look much safer now???

b4afteraircon_zps8aea930b.png

Swee! :thumbs up: