Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks, Bengologist.

Wow.. you must be waiting anxiously for your lights : :notti: Do share the photos when your lights arrive :notti:

The living room consist of mainly LED light strips and downlights... and also a few tracklights... so that makes up to almost 80% of the lighting in the house... All bedrooms will be installed with ceiling fan + lights which we bought locally, lights for bathroom and store are also bought locally... hmm... maybe I should reduce the taobao lightings to 70% :rolleyes:

Anyway I'll update again when I received the lights and if they are okay, I will share the links too :D

Wish you a great week ahead :lol: and Happy reno too :lol:

Hi ucypmas, my place is at Tampines :P

Haha.. My lights have arrived in Singapore yesterday! But I'm pretty lazy to go down to collect, so I have requested them to deliver to my Punggol house this Saturday. Shall pose some pictures of them over the weekend. :yeah:

I'm pretty upset that I did not purchase the bedroom lights from Taobao too (It's kinda too late to buy them now). Most of the lighting shops in Singapore do not sell LED bedroom lights and those that are sells are pricing it at a high premium. I'm not installing ceiling fan in bedrooms, so I have to roam the streets of Jalan Besar, Balestier, Geylang etc to find suitable energy saving ceiling lights again. :(

Anyway looking forward to more pictures from you too!

Hope your renovation will be smooth too!

Cheers! :sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Haha.. My lights have arrived in Singapore yesterday! But I'm pretty lazy to go down to collect, so I have requested them to deliver to my Punggol house this Saturday. Shall pose some pictures of them over the weekend. :yeah:

I'm pretty upset that I did not purchase the bedroom lights from Taobao too (It's kinda too late to buy them now). Most of the lighting shops in Singapore do not sell LED bedroom lights and those that are sells are pricing it at a high premium. I'm not installing ceiling fan in bedrooms, so I have to roam the streets of Jalan Besar, Balestier, Geylang etc to find suitable energy saving ceiling lights again. :(

Anyway looking forward to more pictures from you too!

Hope your renovation will be smooth too!

Cheers! :sport-smiley-018:

Wow... I can't wait for my lights to arrive too :notti:

Bro.. drop by Light Craft at Jalan Besar, they are having sale for some lightings and if you are not looking for fanciful ones, their prices are reasonable :notti:

Hopefully I can post more pictures tonight :rolleyes:

I was reading through your blog and found out that you have done alot of homework... keke...

My aircon and appliances are also from GC but from Changi City Point... the sales are all very patience with our numerous questions on the aircon and other appliances :yeah:

And thanks for your post on the Sanitary wares, we drop by Jalan Besar last evening but left empty-handed.

Clueless about the type of kitchen & bathroom sinks to buy :blink:

I'm still torn between 2 models of the Blanco sinks (a single bowl or double bowl) :blink:

The aircon trunking installation & Openet wiring is next Monday so I took a day leave to be the "supervisor" :ph34r:

Your reno progress is looking good and all the best :yeah:

Edited by dreamzgal

Wow... I can't wait for my lights to arrive too :notti:

Bro.. drop by Light Craft at Jalan Besar, they are having sale for some lightings and if you are not looking for fanciful ones, their prices are reasonable :notti:

Hopefully I can post more pictures tonight :rolleyes:

I was reading through your blog and found out that you have done alot of homework... keke...

My aircon and appliances are also from GC but from Changi City Point... the sales are all very patience with our numerous questions on the aircon and other appliances :yeah:

And thanks for your post on the Sanitary wares, we drop by Jalan Besar last evening but left empty-handed.

Clueless about the type of kitchen & bathroom sinks to buy :blink:

I'm still torn between 2 models of the Blanco sinks (a single bowl or double bowl) :blink:

The aircon trunking installation & Openet wiring is next Monday so I took a day leave to be the "supervisor" :ph34r:

Your reno progress is looking good and all the best :yeah:

Thanks a lot! I'm not looking for anything fanciful (I have already gotten two fanciful lightings from TB which is more than enough, hahaha.. :lol: ), just looking for practical lighting, preferably affordable LED ceiling lights.

Yeah, I've done quite a lot of homework. No choice, no pain no gain. Hahaha! For kitchen & bathroom sinks, you might want to drop by Heritage Bathroom Gallery @ Geylang Road. Contrary to some negative remarks on the forum, I find their services pretty good. The saleslady also took some time to explain the functionality of the Blanco sinks before I made the decision on a double-bowl. Take some time to consider, don't rush into buying. :P

Oh! Better monitor the air-con installation well so that it won't end up like mine, with the trunking so ugly in the MBR.

All the best to you too! Look forward to new pictures from you! :lol:

Checking on the progress...

The tiling at both bathrooms & Kitchen wall are complete, Kitchen floor tiling is in progress :yeah:

20130514_Bathroom+Progress.jpg

Here's our tile selection for Living (Lighter grey) & Foyer+Dining+Kitchen (Darker grey).

Love the bits of glitter in the grey :wub: though may not be able to see it clearly.

20130427_TilesSelection.jpg

We also make some purchases at Hoe Kee, it may not be the cheapest store but we were impress by the Salesman :D

His willingness to explain on products and also recommend products with reference to our requirements...

20130514_BlancoMetra9SinkLinusTap.jpg20130515_SanitaryWares.jpg20130514_HoeKeeShelf.jpg

The Blanco Sink + Mixer Tap @ S$659, the bathroom basin & taps at about S$350.

The shelves are about $30+ each which I find them quite expensive :blink:

We saw another brand of granite sink at Jalan Besar going at S$300+ but the uncle told us it's from India :huh:.

Since the sink will be with us for a long, long time... we decided to pay more for a Blanco sink and I simply love the colour :dribble:

We are in the process of approving the carpentary drawings and it's a real headache to try to fit things into their place :wacko:

We are meeting with our ID tomorrow to finalized the drawings and select the laminates...

Will keep the photos coming soon...

Hi Dreamzgal...

Have been following your T-blog. Can't wait to see the final outcome of your renovation. BTW, your toilet tiles looks awesome. And I like the Blanco sink. Looks unique.

Thanks, Rulz :D

Soooo excited... the tiling work has been complete :notti: and the floor protection material has also arrived :notti:

20 May is the aircon piping installation and the openet installation... :rolleyes:

Hopefully everything goes through smoothly :rolleyes:

Have a great weekend, everyone :lol:

Hi dreamzgal, pardon me for this belated "hi" :lol:

Thx for ur compliments on Beng's blog.. paiseh.. mine really nothing much.. jus sharing sm pics wif fellow buddy.. :P

Looks like ur reno's sailing very smoothly & bet ur hse will turn out even more gorgeous given the space, design & deco.. envy envy! :notti:

Cant wait to see the final product! Cheers! :yamseng:

Checking on the progress...

The tiling at both bathrooms & Kitchen wall are complete, Kitchen floor tiling is in progress :yeah:

20130514_Bathroom+Progress.jpg

Here's our tile selection for Living (Lighter grey) & Foyer+Dining+Kitchen (Darker grey).

Love the bits of glitter in the grey :wub: though may not be able to see it clearly.

20130427_TilesSelection.jpg

We also make some purchases at Hoe Kee, it may not be the cheapest store but we were impress by the Salesman :D

His willingness to explain on products and also recommend products with reference to our requirements...

20130514_BlancoMetra9SinkLinusTap.jpg20130515_SanitaryWares.jpg20130514_HoeKeeShelf.jpg

The Blanco Sink + Mixer Tap @ S$659, the bathroom basin & taps at about S$350.

The shelves are about $30+ each which I find them quite expensive :blink:

We saw another brand of granite sink at Jalan Besar going at S$300+ but the uncle told us it's from India :huh:.

Since the sink will be with us for a long, long time... we decided to pay more for a Blanco sink and I simply love the colour :dribble:

We are in the process of approving the carpentary drawings and it's a real headache to try to fit things into their place :wacko:

We are meeting with our ID tomorrow to finalized the drawings and select the laminates...

Will keep the photos coming soon...

I am also eyeing on the same kind of blanco sink.

Hi juz4fun... thank you for the welcome :P

The credit goes to my friend who did the design for us, communication on the design was pretty easy as our "taste" quite similiar and we were blessed to have her and a good contractor (as of to-date... can only comment later when the reno complete :P )

20 May 2013

The tiling work for is finally completed and floor protection done :good:

med_gallery_44454_17_2763.jpg

Aircon Installation

GC called on Friday to confirm the appointment and tell me about the arrival time.

The GC guys are very punctual, in fact, they are early :good:, we are late :P

They survery the site, discuss with Hubby on the "piping route" and ask questions about the L-box position and dimension, is there anything covering the piping (eg, wardrobe), how electrical wiring are done... They also made markings so that the L-box guys know the exact location of the aircon unit. :good:

med_gallery_44454_17_130.jpg

I left before they finish the job so didn't get a chance to take photos of the completed piping, I will take when I drop and will post here :P

Openet Installation

It's was not a pleasant experience.

We waited from 11am - 1pm, the aircon guys done 60% of the piping and plumber done the piping for both toilets and they still haven't show up :furious:. The guys strolled in 1pm+, did the job within half an hour and left. More waiting till 2.30pm for another guy to come to install the wall socket & do the testing. :angry: Bad attitude from the second guy :fire: He come in with a black face and ask me to fill up my details on the installation form.

If it's a free installation then I can't complain but I paid for the installation, have to wait for them & bear with their attitude :bleah:

If they are held up by other jobs, at least have the courtesy to inform me so that I know whether they are coming or not.
My contactor was also waiting for them to come to them how to run the wiring and where to install the box.

Sigh... If I have called them to confirm the appointment :( then maybe the "wait" may not happen :wacko:

Plumbing

Plumbing in both bathroom done :D, the plumber was doing the kitchen piping when we left.

Very neat job by the plumber :good:

med_gallery_44454_17_36369.jpg

We were told by Hoe Kee sales to check with plumber on the gap between the wall and WC hole (6" or 10" and the pan collar size), so after plumber confirm, we make a trip to HoeKee again to confirm the WC, make arrangement for delivery and add-on items that we miss out previously.

We change the master bathroom basin to something with a vanity cupboard so that the "budget" for the vanity top can be "converted" to a dresser for me :P Opps... VO/ VOs are coming...

sml_gallery_44454_17_33169.jpg

I was lemming for an automatic soap dispenser but was told that batteries need to replaced pretty often & chances of "breakdown" higher.

Ended up with a "manual" type to be mounted in/on the Blanco sink :good:

sml_gallery_44454_17_24712.jpg

There should be more work done this week... electrical rewiring, partition & ceiling works :notti:

Lightings

Finally the Taobao lights arrive :yeah:

The outlook quality looks good but the working condition will have to wait till installation then can comment :dunno:

Living Room

20130521tbpurchase00.jpg

Foyer Light

tp425lightsfoyer1.jpg

Bathroom Light

tp425lightsbathrooms.jpg

I will post the dining light after we collect it tomorrow :notti:

All the lights in the house are simple, no frills design as our biggest investment is in the reno works.

Well... just have to skimmed on some and splurge on some...

Edited by dreamzgal

Lightings

Finally the Taobao lights arrive :yeah:

The outlook quality looks good but the working condition will have to wait till installation then can comment :dunno:

Living Room

20130521tbpurchase00.jpg

Foyer Light

tp425lightsfoyer1.jpg

Bathroom Light

tp425lightsbathrooms.jpg

I will post the dining light after we collect it tomorrow :notti:

All the lights in the house are simple, no frills design as our biggest investment is in the reno works.

Well... just have to skimmed on some and splurge on some...

Congrats! Great to see all the lights you order from Taobao arrive safely into your hands! :thumbs up:

I'm eagerly waiting for mine to be installed by the renovators.

Anyway despite the fact that they say your lightings are no frills designs, I find them very attractive! :good:

Hope to see more pics from you once they are installed! :notti:

Morning, everyone...

I have received a handful of PMs asking about the LED strips so I thought I would share it here for the benefit of those interested :notti:

Hmmm... 先小人后君子, I just received the LED strips from Taobao on 21 May so it was not installed yet, therefore I can't comment on the working condition (brightness, etc). Physical quality of the items are acceptable.

Disclaimer : Please do not hold me responsible as it is your own decision to justify which Taobao seller to purchase from and what items you purchased.

I am not liable for working condition or physical quality of the items that you purchased.

Here's the links :

LED strips : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16844385224

-> Do refer to the connection details in the link and see which type of power supply you require, if not sure, do check with your ID/electrician.

Power Supply : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10876114735

-> There are different voltage for the power supply, again if not sure, do check with your ID/electrician.

-> My track lights are also from this Tao Bao seller.

Hope it helps... :rolleyes:

Edited by dreamzgal

I planned to buy tracklights from this seller too! 3 crown should be pretty solid and the feedback left behind is very positive. prob buy extra just in case got one or two spoilt.