Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
midasls

Basic Understanding Of Home Fengshui

We are all laymen to all these feng shui thingy. If i consult a doctor and ask the doctor what causes my flu. If the doctor tell me it can be virus or bacteria or germs or anything that cause my nose itchy and tell me to find the direct answer myself. Naturally I will think the the doctor won't be fit to have a license, don't you think so?

If that's the way you are putting it, its your privilege. I have seen masters to address problems of the house quickly, the way you are putting it seems like telling me they will be making a lot of quick maistakes too?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We are all laymen to all these feng shui thingy. If i consult a doctor and ask the doctor what causes my flu. If the doctor tell me it can be virus or bacteria or germs or anything that cause my nose itchy and tell me to find the direct answer myself. Naturally I will think the the doctor won't be fit to have a license, don't you think so?

If that's the way you are putting it, its your privilege. I have seen masters to address problems of the house quickly, the way you are putting it seems like telling me they will be making a lot of quick maistakes too?

I'm am saying there's no harm having some basic knowledge of FS and how FS come about. If whatever I write and viewers wanna sees it in a particular perspective, that we cannot change the fact.

If you have seen immediate remedy, good. But I do not have an immediate remedy for you, thats my honest answer to you. Still, I will still write my practice and my thoughts. You can choose your angle to view it. I believe different viewers pick different stuff out of my writing. Infact you have given me alot of ideas today what I can write next. Thanks !

Cheers.

Edited by midasls

Hi kcwee, how are you?

Your knowledge is not only deep but also very humourous :)

If I am not wrong, you are writing 巽之山风蛊 right?

Ho seh bo tidakboleh, long time liao, where huat liao?

Hahahaha.....you right liao.....talk to you at least don't vomit blood. I not as deep as you la

I agreed with The5Cs that layman only needs to know the solution application.

So many schools of FS and expect everyone to know everything is impossible. Tell that to your clients on your theory and the clients will say "waste of money and time".

If your boss ask you to do a presentation, and u come out with all kinds of jargon, it show you are only good in theory and cannot explain to layman. Unable to explain to layman well means the person does not know the subject well enough to explain.

In the court of law, chief justice told their own lawyers to use simpler English for clients to understand. Jargon should be between lawyers.

SImple Tips to Good Fengshui

So many schools of FS and expect everyone to know everything is impossible. Tell that to your clients on your theory and the clients will say "waste of money and time".

If your boss ask you to do a presentation, and u come out with all kinds of jargon, it show you are only good in theory and cannot explain to layman. Unable to explain to layman well means the person does not know the subject well enough to explain.

In the court of law, chief justice told their own lawyers to use simpler English for clients to understand. Jargon should be between lawyers.

Ok i give some simple tips and tricks of good FS. After a good discussion with my friend in the forum, he say don't go deep. Ok I try to give some simple tips and tricks. Still occasionally I will write some in depth stuff but thats for those who are interested in dwelling deeper. Ok next for the layman......

Simple Tips to Good Feng Shui

1) Keeps your doorway clear of shoes, keep it in the shoes cabinet. Door is where qi starts like a person mouth. Signs of children get flu easily.

2) Do not hang clothing being doors or near door, it affects relationship.

3) If without FS consultation do not attempt to put alot of plants at the door. Signs of losing wealth or law suit. Bigger and taller the plants bigger the problem if place wrongly.

4) Keep walkpath clear and clean.

5) Tidy the bed everyday, keep it clean, too many stuff around bedside cause quarrels.

6) Do not sleep under beam. Bed under beam cause a person to be picky to others.

7) Doors are better to be able to fully open and close at all times, having stuff behind doors makes it difficult to fully open the door.

8) Use bright flowers to improve and strengthen family ties, 2 or 3 flower display in the house, red,orange,yellow,violet. Fake flowers can be use and actually have longer shelf life. Make the flower display look like an art piece in the house.

9) Check if theres any water pipe leakage in the house, its a sign of bad FS.

10) Make sure theres enough sunlight enter the house, it will help strengthen relationship.

11) Do not leave broken furniture in the house.

12) Check if theres fungus growing in the house, if yes meaning the house is too damp. Try to reduce the moisture. Use lighting to reduce moisture can be one of the solution.

13) Bedroom inside with toilet, after using the toilet close it, put a flower display inside the toilet. Especially for those can see the toilet bowl from the bedroom door.

14) Do not let fan or aircon blow direct at the bed, meaning fan or aircon right infront of the bed. It will disperse the Qi of the bed.

15) Do not have dustin close to the stove, it will cause sickness. If really no choice use those dustbin with cover, but flat top cover type.

These 15 simple tricks are specially dedicated to a friend in this forum, thanks for your advice ! Good to know you ! If you think i do wrong, do not hesitate to tell me.

Edited by midasls

This is absolutely a person with brains talking.

Not only the lawyer must explains to me in simple English but should be able to quote relevant cases and law tags to substantiate my case. Say and talk is easy with many people. I have seen many that babbles the whole day just on some perceived knowledge but when comes to practical, just mere irrelevant.

1) Keeps your doorway clear of shoes, keep it in the shoes cabinet. Door is where qi starts like a person mouth. Signs of children get flu easily.

3) If without FS consultation do not attempt to put alot of plants at the door. Signs of losing wealth or law suit. Bigger and taller the plants bigger the problem if place wrongly.

5) Tidy the bed everyday, keep it clean, too many stuff around bedside cause quarrels.

6) Do not sleep under beam. Bed under beam cause a person to be picky to others.

7) Doors are better to be able to fully open and close at all times, having stuff behind doors makes it difficult to fully open the door.

8) Use bright flowers to improve and strengthen family ties, 2 or 3 flower display in the house, red,orange,yellow,violet. Fake flowers can be use and actually have longer shelf life. Make the flower display look like an art piece in the house.

10) Make sure theres enough sunlight enter the house, it will help strengthen relationship.

12) Check if theres fungus growing in the house, if yes meaning the house is too damp. Try to reduce the moisture. Use lighting to reduce moisture can be one of the solution.

13) Bedroom inside with toilet, after using the toilet close it, put a flower display inside the toilet. Especially for those can see the toilet bowl from the bedroom door.

14) Do not let fan or aircon blow direct at the bed, meaning fan or aircon right infront of the bed. It will disperse the Qi of the bed.

15) Do not have dustin close to the stove, it will cause sickness. If really no choice use those dustbin with cover, but flat top cover type.

These 15 simple tricks are specially dedicated to a friend in this forum, thanks for your advice ! Good to know you ! If you think i do wrong, do not hesitate to tell me.

Your sharing is much appreciated, however, I like to clarify a few things.

I have bought some Lilian Too and feng shui magazines. Even chinese newspaper often have tips. The above are commonly found as well in the websites. What's the point of all these repetitions? Mostly comes with common sense of hygiene, is there any quotes of feng shui truths or relevant feng shui saying to substantiate?

Q) My relative's house has about 12 person living in it. The main door outside if scattered and full of slippers and shoes. Everyone inside seldom even sneeze. However, mine is like not even a speck of dust, all shoes and slippers are kept properly in the shoe cabinet. One of my family member is down with heavy flu a number of times a year. I'm not sure if this point is relevant at all. It will be appreciated that such be explained with some quotes or tips from chinese feng shui materials or anything relevant to substantiate.

Q) Again, its not only my relative's house but many people I know who are living with corridors. Unfortunately for some of them, they didn't get much sunlight in the kitchen. They hang their cloths along the corridor near their main door. Relationships are well. Doesn't it contradict? However, of of my neighbour without clothes hang outside, can hear them arguing frequently.

Q)Is this basing on myths, tradition or? Personally, there are times when we are late, our beds were not tidied up until we are back. In fact, it happened quite frequently among us. We are quite a loving family. Quarrels with who? Of course, once a while there are disagreements. Which household doesn't have? All blame to the crumpled bedsheets?

Q) One of my previous work place has a ceiling of parallel wooden working beams. I'm not sure your definition of picky but taking as it is, all the staffs were cooperative. During the period there, there was not even any sign of backstabbing. Well , probably this should be according to my observance. Do you have any chinese feng shui theory to substantiate?

Q) Why?

Q) Strenthening or making worse? Some masters said anyhow put flowers in the house may have mistress. So which is which?

Q) Can be more explicit, what's bad? I think common sense here says that everyone needs to repair leakage pipe in the house. Otherwise its wasting wter or causing the floor wet and slippery. My parent's house ahs a leaking bathroom tap. My father just place a pail to collect the water. does this leaking cause any issues?

Q) Again my neighbour's house similar to mine, more than enough sunlight from both sides. How come they still argue frequently?

Q) I do keep some useless or broken items in the storeroom. What's wrong with it?

Q) Common sense isn't it? How many homes are there where we like to see patches of moulds or fungus around? Even if my spouse don't shrek, the sight of it should cause me to take some actions.

Q) what is it for?

Q) How is this so?

On one hand, your contribution is appreciated. On the other, writing something should make sense and better to be supported with relevant chinese materials or examples. Most readers should be well informed or exposed to the "Dos and Don'ts. Other than hearing from some talks by masters or newspaper, it will be better that such be explained. Better with some text to support it. Don't you agree?

On one hand, your contribution is appreciated. On the other, writing something should make sense and better to be supported with relevant chinese materials or examples. Most readers should be well informed or exposed to the "Dos and Don'ts. Other than hearing from some talks by masters or newspaper, it will be better that such be explained. Better with some text to support it. Don't you agree?

I agree but if I explain further it will be 卦象. Sign of Gua. Prevention is better then cure, thats why its easier to prevent it rather then when time bomb comes then have to find a cure. To some of us practicing certain FS, we have to learn to read signs and everything in this world has a sign. 8 gua itself they are all signs.

Edited by midasls

Q) My relative's house has about 12 person living in it. The main door outside if scattered and full of slippers and shoes. Everyone inside seldom even sneeze. However, mine is like not even a speck of dust, all shoes and slippers are kept properly in the shoe cabinet. One of my family member is down with heavy flu a number of times a year. I'm not sure if this point is relevant at all. It will be appreciated that such be explained with some quotes or tips from chinese feng shui materials or anything relevant to substantiate.

Why not ask a FSM to see your house then ? There are many recommendation here.

Shoes that are worn are dirty and should be kept away from the door, it symbolise 坤卦 (2 黑病符), of cos there are several signs that also symbolise the same stuff, that you have to see observe your house see what matches the sign. Health related issue maybe bed sitting and oven sitting. Like oven sitting on 2黑,family will have a sign of wind pipe (气管) not so good, these is how I relate sign, cos Gua also stands for body organ.

Q) Again, its not only my relative's house but many people I know who are living with corridors. Unfortunately for some of them, they didn't get much sunlight in the kitchen. They hang their cloths along the corridor near their main door. Relationships are well. Doesn't it contradict? However, of of my neighbour without clothes hang outside, can hear them arguing frequently.

Honestly, I dare not say relationship are good by seeing people don't argue. Affects relationship......can be other form. I am just stating one of the many signs, argument can also cause by having alot of stuff around the bedside or bedroom door behind hang clothing so on and so forth, even sleeping under beam, example if a person sleep under beam, he or she develope a character to be picky, once a person picks on everything small and big, argument starts, therefore bed under beam affects character and go on to affects relationship.

Bed under beam is a bad sign of Gen Gua (负面艮卦). The reason why it will be picky because Gen Gua also stands for everything also wanna bother, (什么事都要管). Gua have good side and bad side, just like a normal person.

Q) Again my neighbour's house similar to mine, more than enough sunlight from both sides. How come they still argue frequently?

Sunlight shining in the house strengthen relationship as in 人缘.

Q) How is this so?

Same concept as you put old furniture in the storeroom, reason for flat top cover cos those triangular shapes cover, symbolise 兑卦, having it near the stove like some household like to have a dustin under the stove for convenience, it causes 火克金.

Q) Strenthening or making worse? Some masters said anyhow put flowers in the house may have mistress. So which is which?

If using real flowers be sure its plant in soil, if using fake flowers, use those wedding boutique kind they do flower arrangement like an art piece. Florist do alot of flower arrangement, but the flowers must be vibrant and beautifully arrange. Are you sure having mistress is flowers issue ? Or some other issues ?