Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heynsl

Fh/999yrs Or 99yrs Condo Better?

99yrs condo mostly located very near MRT. Freehold are far away from MRT, shopping centre.

If you r toking about rental, 99yrs condo mostly fetch a better price than freehold... If you are toking about staying, freehold could be a better choice....

i agreed that 99yrs condo are mostly located nearer to mrt whereas freehold/999yrs are far away from mrt. i dont understand why leh? people who paid so much for freehold/999yrs and the location they get is inconvenient. :)

so, if for long term staying then 99yrs is it good enough? :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Things have changed now.

In the past, if 30~40 yrs old, hard to get full bank loan versus evaluation

But now,,,with SERS, even Mandarin Garden, Bayshore Park are fetching millions.

Basically, a lot boils down to location. My hse FH, East side fetching only 600psf

compare to those near MRT also same leh.

depends on whether it is owner-occupied or investment i suppose ... i mean if i'm buying a property for investment .. then perhaps it does not matter 99 or 999 ... what's key will be location and amenities.

Caution for those who want to opt for 99yrs lease - make sure that you have the title deed from the govt itself.

I had came across cases (let's not mention any names) where the developer actually acquired the land on FH/999 yrs, build a condo and sold the units at 99 yrs lease.

The difference is that if you have a 99 yrs lease from govt, after some time, you may be able to top up the DC and revert it back to 99 yrs. If there is a landlord owning the land at FH/999 yrs, do you think they will let you top up? No way! They rather chase you out (en-bloc), take back the land and re-develop to sell.

Even if they do let you top up, it not based on DC anymore, the price will be their call, it will be jack up skyhigh. Thus, the value of that condo will drop drastically, far below those real 99yrs development.

depends on whether it is owner-occupied or investment i suppose ... i mean if i'm buying a property for investment .. then perhaps it does not matter 99 or 999 ... what's key will be location and amenities.

so, what about if you're buying the property for staying? :P

Caution for those who want to opt for 99yrs lease - make sure that you have the title deed from the govt itself.

I had came across cases (let's not mention any names) where the developer actually acquired the land on FH/999 yrs, build a condo and sold the units at 99 yrs lease.

The difference is that if you have a 99 yrs lease from govt, after some time, you may be able to top up the DC and revert it back to 99 yrs. If there is a landlord owning the land at FH/999 yrs, do you think they will let you top up? No way! They rather chase you out (en-bloc), take back the land and re-develop to sell.

Even if they do let you top up, it not based on DC anymore, the price will be their call, it will be jack up skyhigh. Thus, the value of that condo will drop drastically, far below those real 99yrs development.

Hi bro zirhk3355,

Mine is FH, so means the land belongs to all resident ?

Never occur to me at that time, just buy them cos reasonable price.

Mine PM to me the developer names..

Oh, by the way, can top the DC and revert back to govt ? meaning the LTA.

Who will coordinate all these topping up ? management committee (condo) ,owner ( houses )

Is it worth topping up ?

Sorry lah, so many questions...care to share ?

so, what about if you're buying the property for staying? :notti:

For me .. it wld be 999yrs - i guess the price of such properties hold their value better over-time vs 99 leasehold.

Also, depending on personal pref, I rather stay in an area that offers more privacy and less crowded ... if i want the crowd, I might as well stay in a HDB flat which is spacious, easy to maintain and typically near to everthing ...

If i urgently need a loaf of bread in the middle of the night(now, why wld I need it then ?) or ice ... there's always the petrol station that I can walk to get ...

When I look at properties like Kovan Melody or those with hundreds of units .. it shudders me to think of the parking, contention for amenities like BBQ pit, swimming pool etc ... although they do offer fab access to shopping/MRT etc ...

For me .. it wld be 999yrs - i guess the price of such properties hold their value better over-time vs 99 leasehold.

Also, depending on personal pref, I rather stay in an area that offers more privacy and less crowded ... if i want the crowd, I might as well stay in a HDB flat which is spacious, easy to maintain and typically near to everthing ...

If i urgently need a loaf of bread in the middle of the night(now, why wld I need it then ?) or ice ... there's always the petrol station that I can walk to get ...

When I look at properties like Kovan Melody or those with hundreds of units .. it shudders me to think of the parking, contention for amenities like BBQ pit, swimming pool etc ... although they do offer fab access to shopping/MRT etc ...

ya, i quite agreed to the sharing of the facilities if there're too many units. but most 99yrs condo are very accessible (mrt, bus-stop, shops, mkt etc). :notti: imagine next time have kids liao and it's more convenient to them. :lol:

Edited by korea

ya, i quite agreed to the sharing of the facilities if there're too many units. but most 99yrs condo are very accessible (mrt, bus-stop, shops, mkt etc). :notti: imagine next time have kids liao and it's more convenient to them. :(

hmm .. i wld have thot having kids make it more prudent to get a 999property ? Means they will at least have a roof over their heads and/or some financial security when parents hit the deck ?

:lol:

yes - sometimes i envy those condos with amenities .. but maybe i'm getting old and less into crowds and jostling with them ... kekeke, need my space

Err..

Private developments provide 1 carpark lot per unit, which is much more compared to the HDB ratio. Also.. facilities tend to be underutilised. Anyway.. HDB got BBQ pit meh? Myy opinion is that big developments.. compared to HDB is much nicer lor.. but the privacy issue is something else since everybody living room is directly facing each other.

Anyway.. whether is FH/999/99.. is about affordability lor. Whether is better or not is really depend on the type of residents. I rather have more neighbours of similar age group etc.

ya, i quite agreed to the sharing of the facilities if there're too many units. but most 99yrs condo are very accessible (mrt, bus-stop, shops, mkt etc). :yamseng: imagine next time have kids liao and it's more convenient to them. !!

Over-generalisation that 99 yrs LH condos are closer to amenities. There are many freehold condos conveniently located and many leasehold 99 yrs condos in out of the way locations.

99 yr old condos IMHO are almost like glorified HDB flats... :(

hmm .. i wld have thot having kids make it more prudent to get a 999property ? Means they will at least have a roof over their heads and/or some financial security when parents hit the deck ?

:yamseng:

yes - sometimes i envy those condos with amenities .. but maybe i'm getting old and less into crowds and jostling with them ... kekeke, need my space

by 100 yrs, the property will en-block by then.

Now, which 999 property is >50 yrs old..

Agree some condo has a large plot, which mean alot of units. If they had 1000 unit. 1 unit had 2 person exclude kid and maid. There will be 2000 ppl in that condo.

I also don't like.

I prefer small like 200+ unit and easy access by bus (need to think of relative visiting, children go to school by themselve, etc)

Err..

Private developments provide 1 carpark lot per unit, which is much more compared to the HDB ratio. Also.. facilities tend to be underutilised. Anyway.. HDB got BBQ pit meh? Myy opinion is that big developments.. compared to HDB is much nicer lor.. but the privacy issue is something else since everybody living room is directly facing each other.

Anyway.. whether is FH/999/99.. is about affordability lor. Whether is better or not is really depend on the type of residents. I rather have more neighbours of similar age group etc.

HDB got BBQ , those OLD area... I'm not too sure.

But, the BBQ pit is small, don't have any wash area. Very meh fan.

and poorly maintence

has bus access , easy to access , affordable is more important. whether is 99, freehold, 999 not important