Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heynsl

Fh/999yrs Or 99yrs Condo Better?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hmm .. wonder if we pass down debts to our kids . will the govt also 'want a share' keke ?

leaving property behind .. i guess if one has been living in the house till death .. the condition of the hosue cannot be that bad ... anyway a landed place will retain a certain value ... for instance the value of the land ... so while it might not have been able to fetch land+house price .. kids will still be able to get land price ...

after u dead, ur insurance need to pay off the home loan, car loan, simi bone loan.. :(

then the rest pass down to your kids..

u think our government stupid arrr..

of course make sure even u "bye bye liao" ur left over pay all, then left left over to ur kid. :dunno:

i never believe what 99/999/FH bcos if today govt suddenly wanted back the plot of land then you also bo bian and have to move liao lor. :thumbs up: we can never own the plot of land eventhough it's a FH bcos nowadays unlike the past where our great grandparents bought the plot of land and it's solely belonged to the family. :yamseng: probably, that was donkey years ago story. :jawdrop:

i never believe what 99/999/FH bcos if today govt suddenly wanted back the plot of land then you also bo bian and have to move liao lor. :thumbs up: we can never own the plot of land eventhough it's a FH bcos nowadays unlike the past where our great grandparents bought the plot of land and it's solely belonged to the family. :yamseng: probably, that was donkey years ago story. :jawdrop:

My great grandparents never leave behind me anything leh.

Got 1 friend, hse left by ggp, even at tens of miilions never sell

Cause he says, if sell, all brothers & sisters will go their own ways.

At least, if the hse stays, they still catch up .....

But poor thing die of stroke last month.

For 30 yrs old hse (99 yrs) 8 years ago, when I check.

Bank cannot give full loan becos hse old liao.

At that time, many old hse (99 yrs) got problem selling.

So, I also scare to buy.

My great grandparents never leave behind me anything leh.

Got 1 friend, hse left by ggp, even at tens of miilions never sell

Cause he says, if sell, all brothers & sisters will go their own ways.

At least, if the hse stays, they still catch up .....

But poor thing die of stroke last month.

For 30 yrs old hse (99 yrs) 8 years ago, when I check.

Bank cannot give full loan becos hse old liao.

At that time, many old hse (99 yrs) got problem selling.

So, I also scare to buy.

if you want to buy 99yrs house then look for a new one lor. why look for very old one? :thumbs up:

if you want to buy 99yrs house then look for a new one lor. why look for very old one? ;)

New one will finally become old one liao.

If old one liao, want to sell & buy new one how ?

New one will finally become old one liao.

If old one liao, want to sell & buy new one how ?

then dont stay there for so long la. probably 8-10 years can sell liao. ;)

then dont stay there for so long la. probably 8-10 years can sell liao. :)

like that... hmmm :P

come back to the same old story..

then how to pass down to kid..

;)

chick 1st or egg 1st ;)

You forgot that the owners appealed and got a higher payout.

Anyway, what's your beef? The Act has been around donkey years. You have to be smart when you buy a house. Certainly don't buy one next to the road (in case of road widening), etc-- any good agent will advise you.

Who knows what is beneth your FH house, so many wire, cable, tunnels, underground passage below. even if we buy a unit not near to the road still will have a day they need to expand, re-develop the land and chae you to a pigeon hole. No agent have the miracle power to predict the blueprint of Singapore development.

So 99 yrs still better... short term forecase is still alittle bit predictable.

Asset today maybe a liabilties to you in future or next generation. Just my though

IMHO. 999/ freehold to pass on to children is very traditional thinking. A relative is so appalled at the prices of the Orchard road condos 'cos most are only on 99 leases. If your property is on good location, and the price of land is higher than the property ('cos so old), the property will go for en-bloc in 20-30 years time. So, the number of years of lease doesn't make a diff anymore. I think what really matters is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

People are also encouraged to pass on property 'cos estate duty is imposed on cash > $600k. And this includes insurance payouts. But, the estate duty is due for a revision soon. The government is still looking at it. Let's all keep our fingers crossed. ;)

Who knows what is beneth your FH house, so many wire, cable, tunnels, underground passage below. even if we buy a unit not near to the road still will have a day they need to expand, re-develop the land and chae you to a pigeon hole. No agent have the miracle power to predict the blueprint of Singapore development.

So 99 yrs still better... short term forecase is still alittle bit predictable.

Asset today maybe a liabilties to you in future or next generation. Just my though

I don't agree with your thought. It's unnecesarily paranoid.

My personal take on this is that LOCATION is more impt than tenure of land.

However, now is not a good time to buy property as it's a seller's market. If can. try to wait a few more months. Prices should have peaked for most districts now, and should start to slowly decline after that.

IMHO. 999/ freehold to pass on to children is very traditional thinking. A relative is so appalled at the prices of the Orchard road condos 'cos most are only on 99 leases. If your property is on good location, and the price of land is higher than the property ('cos so old), the property will go for en-bloc in 20-30 years time. So, the number of years of lease doesn't make a diff anymore. I think what really matters is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

It's one way of thinking, but it's not necessarily traditional. If a 99-year property can appreciate after 30 years, a 999-year property will appreciate more, other things being equal. What's more important is that the loan amount a buyer can get will not be determined by the length of the remaining lease, unlike 99 years.

The enbloc thing cannot keep going forever. You can only enbloc once. Once all the old and big apartments have been sold enbloc, they'll be replaced by modern pigeonhole apartments. No one will buy them enbloc 30 years later because the redevelopment potential will be no more. It won't make sense to buy pigeonhole apartments enbloc and replace them with new pigeonhole apartments. So if you buy a new 99-year apartment now, don't hold your hopes up too high for enbloc 30 years down the road.

It's one way of thinking, but it's not necessarily traditional. If a 99-year property can appreciate after 30 years, a 999-year property will appreciate more, other things being equal. What's more important is that the loan amount a buyer can get will not be determined by the length of the remaining lease, unlike 99 years.

The enbloc thing cannot keep going forever. You can only enbloc once. Once all the old and big apartments have been sold enbloc, they'll be replaced by modern pigeonhole apartments. No one will buy them enbloc 30 years later because the redevelopment potential will be no more. It won't make sense to buy pigeonhole apartments enbloc and replace them with new pigeonhole apartments. So if you buy a new 99-year apartment now, don't hold your hopes up too high for enbloc 30 years down the road.

Agreed, this en-bloc thing is way overhyped. The key thing in an en-bloc is usually the plot ratio I would think, not so much the land tenure. If not you'd see all those old apartments around Oxley road being en-bloc long ago...

It's one way of thinking, but it's not necessarily traditional. If a 99-year property can appreciate after 30 years, a 999-year property will appreciate more, other things being equal.

Appreciation depends on location. Some 99 yrs urban appreciate more than FH sururban

What's more important is that the loan amount a buyer can get will not be determined by the length of the remaining lease, unlike 99 years.

True for suburban with no demand, they may not get enough loan

Also, govt will release more land to cool down SERS.

Take example... car owner, thought every 3 years can change car...cos price keep going up

But now, those who bought 5 yrs ago, must fork out cash if sold. Some no choice, just continue paying.

As for FH ,,, there is holding power. no need to worry so much about demand up or down.