Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heynsl

Fh/999yrs Or 99yrs Condo Better?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yes, agree that the land to built-up area ratio is also a factor in Enbloc sales. But, the acceptible size and height of homes differ with time. E.g. there used to be many single or double storeys good size bungalows, but many of these are being torn down to sandwich 4 or 5 terrace houses with 3 or 4 storeys. What may be considered pigeon hole now may be considered big in future.

Not an expert, lah...just another interested in talking shop.

Edited by Homeowner

Yes, agree that the land to built-up area ratio is also a factor in Enbloc sales. But, the acceptible size and height of homes differ with time. E.g. there used to be many single or double storeys good size bungalows, but many of these are being torn down to sandwich 4 or 5 terrace houses with 3 or 4 storeys. What may be considered pigeon hole now may be considered big in future.

Not an expert, lah...just another interested in talking shop.

Ah !! now pigeon hole is still big, going to be like japan 45 Square Meter house in future? Then I cannot left for the son. Maybe to my wife when I kon ka kiao. So no FH or 999 for me.

So it is not a matter of land tenure only ...

Glad to hear so many view points.

We had brought up..

1. Land Tenure

2. Location

3. Resident / rental

4. Plot Ratio

5. Investment / Estate Duties

6. Government Intervention

Can I say.... that it will be okay for -

Urban Area / central - 99 years, high plot ratio

Suburban - FH

Rental - 99 years

It's one way of thinking, but it's not necessarily traditional. If a 99-year property can appreciate after 30 years, a 999-year property will appreciate more, other things being equal.

Appreciation depends on location. Some 99 yrs urban appreciate more than FH sururban.

Perhaps you did not see the phrase above, "other things being equal".

like that... hmmm :yamseng:

come back to the same old story..

then how to pass down to kid..

:jawdrop:

chick 1st or egg 1st :sport-smiley-004:

i never believe of passing down property to children. i rather believe in passing down cash, gold/gold bars, jewellery etc to children. nowadays, passing down property to children is quite risky bcos there's no guarantee the property will be yours forever lor. :P in china maybe the plot of land will be yours forever but not in spore. lands in spore are very limited. :notti:

My personal take on this is that LOCATION is more impt than tenure of land.

However, now is not a good time to buy property as it's a seller's market. If can. try to wait a few more months. Prices should have peaked for most districts now, and should start to slowly decline after that.

yup, i agreed that location is a very impt factor bcos the value of the plot of land = location. 8| even if the plot of land belongs to 999/FH but location isnt good also no value at all. :)

end of the day, whether 99/999/FH doesnt matter and most impt is location. :yamseng:

i never believe of passing down property to children. i rather believe in passing down cash, gold/gold bars, jewellery etc to children. nowadays, passing down property to children is quite risky bcos there's no guarantee the property will be yours forever lor. :deal: in china maybe the plot of land will be yours forever but not in spore. lands in spore are very limited. :dribble:

yup, i agreed that location is a very impt factor bcos the value of the plot of land = location. :notti: even if the plot of land belongs to 999/FH but location isnt good also no value at all. :wub:

end of the day, whether 99/999/FH doesnt matter and most impt is location. :wub:

Location is important but to say the terms of the lease doesn't matter and all that matters is location is an extremely simplistic viewpoint to take. Current suburban areas can also be developed in future...

I'm sure the Toa Payohs and Bishans of today didn't didn't start off the way they are now...

Location is important but to say the terms of the lease doesn't matter and all that matters is location is an extremely simplistic viewpoint to take. Current suburban areas can also be developed in future...

I'm sure the Toa Payohs and Bishans of today didn't didn't start off the way they are now...

Agree with above ...

At the end of the day, there's a host of considerations when we purchase a property. Unless we are flush with cash .... choices will be limited by budget amogst others.

afterall whether 99yrs, 999yrs or FH property, it still depends on the location of the property.

in general 999yrs and FH property will have less depreciation rate than a 99yrs condo and for enbloc case usually depending on location of the property...

if for long term stay, i would consider a 999yrs or FH one.

Reason being that if i go for 99yrs one, it doesn't differ much from getting a HDB which is also 99yrs except for more privacy, facilities and luxury only but bear in mind, i would have already pay much more for 99yrs condo as well as in maintenance fee than HDB. Furthermore if the 99yrs condo development is big, it means that i have to share the limited facilities with many others and for the amount of maintenance fee i paid, what will be the frequency that i am able to use the facilities?

afterall whether 99yrs, 999yrs or FH property, it still depends on the location of the property.

in general 999yrs and FH property will have less depreciation rate than a 99yrs condo and for enbloc case usually depending on location of the property...

Unlike cars, property is supposed to appreciate, not depreciate. That's why people do enbloc sales, because they make so much money, esp. those owners who purchased long ago. But I'm sure you also have parents or grandparents whose flats current price are much more than their purchase price 20 years ago.

Unlike cars, property is supposed to appreciate, not depreciate. That's why people do enbloc sales, because they make so much money, esp. those owners who purchased long ago. But I'm sure you also have parents or grandparents whose flats current price are much more than their purchase price 20 years ago.

enbloc is good but usually it depends on the location of your property...

when u bought a property, u never know it will be enbloc in future...

unless the market is good, u will see your property appreciate much...

i heard people said that those residents from pte property got enbloc and each household manages to get million of $$$. :yamseng:

enbloc is good but usually it depends on the location of your property...

when u bought a property, u never know it will be enbloc in future...

unless the market is good, u will see your property appreciate much...

Property is not a guarantee profit tool. But it forms the most expensive assets for us.

Major decision. A wrong decision may affect the whole family liability.

Wonder how many apartment can they built in a golf course. ( Marina Bay )

Wonder what will happen to all the condo funds when there is enbloc sales.

Wonder whether all apartment can be built as high as 40 storey

Seems that more hotel are need than apartment. Even Hotel 81 may get overbook.

Looks like hotel gets better returns than apartment.

recently i enquired abt the cost for a FH condo from an agent...

meantime i am waiting for the price to stablise or drop towards top but the agent kept telling me otherwise...

the agent kept insisting that the price will go up more prior to top and kept asking me to give her a cheque to confirm the unit...

also the unit was advertised for more than 3 mths yet not sold and she dare to tell me that the seller wanna sell higher each month and many buyers offering higher price... so kept asking me to buy fast and buy high to secure the unit... very pushy attitude...

initially i was ok with her and planning to support her but when she started to become more pushy as time goes by... i was **** TL

Edited by heynsl