Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
VincentWangZx

Budget Home In Punggol Emerald: Retro Modern Fusion

Yup, we have officially moved in! :sport-smiley-004::):rolleyes::lol:

We are really bare in our furnishing at the moment, but it's really fun to start building things up from scratch. Here are some pics of our furnishing so far.

IMG_0857.JPG

Our ikea mirror is up. ^_^

IMG_0888.JPG

Our ikea dining table (telescopic) is also up! Took us 1 hr to put it together. It's 70 kg when assembled! No joke!

IMG_0975.JPG

Our living room is most furnished as you can see. =) Ikea rug, Mondi sofa bed(Bumble Bee), ikea TV Console and Philips 46'' TV. There's also two side tables on both sides; the bold blue one is from IKEA (yes again), and the marble one at the other end is from vhive.

IMG_0981.JPG

And finally, our bedroom. =) My wife's masterpiece is the scrabble design on the feature wall. :wub: We got the pole system from QOO10, and will be using a curtain to cover it up in the near future.

Alright, more pics when the studio is done up! =)

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This week is the week we're moving in! Excited much! =) Although there are many ideas we have that are yet realized, we're happy to say that we're proud of what we have done and excited about the possibilities that continue to be in coming our way! We have navigated past some tough obstacles like shabby workmanship and exorbitant charges, but we're wiser now. The last weekend was spent painting on our own with the help of kind friends, and we're glad it all worked out! =)

IMG_0757.JPG

This is our living room, with the recessed wall painted aquamarine and the skirting painted white.

IMG_0786.JPG

Our striped theme is complete! =)

Hi vincent, can you PM me the link where you shop for those lights?

TIA! :)

Hi, may I know where you get your track lights?

Hi sorry, saw your post on the track lights.

Edited by jarci

Finally I have figured out how to host images on Google Drive! Thanks mavicaste for the tip! =) So, here are the pictures of our IKEA wishlist as well as our live photos of the first visit in our home!

fabrikor-glass-door-cabinet__0177049_PE3This display shelf is absolutely gorgeous. My wife asked me:" Put what huh?" :bangwall:

hemnes-linen-cabinet__0105685_PE253176_SWe absolutely love this double door cabinet! Will fit nicely in our bedroom. =)

Our Master Bedroom! =)

IMG_0038.JPG

The other view of our master bedroom where the pole system wardrobe will be. =)

IMG_0039.JPG

More coming up soon! =)

Hi I am Planning for a pole system as well. Are there any advice or reccomendations. Thanks

Hi I am Planning for a pole system as well. Are there any advice or reccomendations. Thanks

Hi Gwendie, The pole system was a cheaper alternative for us because we did not like a wardrobe nor could we afford one that was custom made. We got ours from Qoo10, at 80 dollars which to us was a steal. We will be getting a curtain to cover it up and to give it some character too. There are a few online stores that sell the pole system, but we like qoo10 for their prompt delivery and affordable price. Hope this helps!

Hi Gwendie, The pole system was a cheaper alternative for us because we did not like a wardrobe nor could we afford one that was custom made. We got ours from Qoo10, at 80 dollars which to us was a steal. We will be getting a curtain to cover it up and to give it some character too. There are a few online stores that sell the pole system, but we like qoo10 for their prompt delivery and affordable price. Hope this helps!

do u have the link for the pole system on qoo10?

Haha, actually it's dark brown, and I'm gonna paint it white! My wife thinks it was quite badly done. Marked out quite a few spots for redoing. But the thing is the option to have skirting done was made by the previous couple before us who later on gave up the flat (we bought it during the Sale of Balance Flat exercise in March 2012). =)

Not sure if this post came too late.. I am thinking of painting my skirtings as well but was advised by my ID not to.

You may want to check with your ID

So I have finally been able to confirm my renovation project with my ID, who will submit the approval for hacking and let me know when the works can begin. I will meet him on Friday along with his co-workers to hear out what instructions are given for the project. In other news, I am so excited to have bought a new fan with a sleek design for my living room! I also managed to source for really cheap track lights at a store which is so old school it looks like a warehouse. Here's the picture of the fan I ordered. Hopefully my ID will provide the 3D drawing of my house soon enough. =)

Where is this fan from?

Not sure if this post came too late.. I am thinking of painting my skirtings as well but was advised by my ID not to.

You may want to check with your ID

Hi SpySG, we painted ours already and as you can see in the pictures it's not too bad I think. =) My ID won't advise stuff like that. Haha.