Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SuperMama

Going "scandi" On Budget

love them! Doing up the house so nicely with minimal damage to the pockets!

Thank you! I'm just glad that my ID did not turn me down after i cut the quotation to half. I rmbr another ID firm told me with such a low budget, nothing will turn out nice..........

Edited by SuperMama

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I went Katong Complex branch on a weeknight, no customers at all so I had dedicated service. :good: why not go there instead?

Cause I can mostly go over during the the weekend or after office hours ... LoL

Ordering with Amcon was easy but after payment was done, there was absolutely no updates from them till they were shipping the items to Singapore. The transit time from China warehouse to their SG warehouse is less than a week. I noticed once items are in SG, follow up is good. If you do not mind customer service but wants fast shipping, can consider them. Take note that they do not do any checking of the packages so omce received must QC all items. I've checked all except for a solid wood tv console which cannot be opened! It's is wrapped with wooden frame.

You can refer to my page 1 post on TB purchases via Amcon -

25 track lights

13m tracks

2 bar stools

a foyer light

a 1.5m tv console

I paid $180+ for the shipping (1m3). Need to check the breakdown and update later. Rmb 550/m3 and S$30 document fees and GST. Each link is RBM 50. To me, it's cheap and I'm confident to buy from TB again.

Must do homework amd check which seller to buy from. Heard from my PRC friend that some sellers are fake!

Does amcon give out fixed quotes (both price of products + shipping) or will there be surprises along the way?

Cause I can mostly go over during the the weekend or after office hours ... LoL

The one @ Katong Complex / IMM close at 9pm, you can try....I went there after work too :)

Does amcon give out fixed quotes (both price of products + shipping) or will there be surprises along the way?

Hi,

Amcon is just a forwarder, hence you can either buy from TB yourself and send to their warehouse OR paythem RMB 50 / link to make the purchases for you. Once the items arrived at their warehouse, they would ship to SG and quote the shipping charges once in SG.

Ocean freight is RMB 550 / CBM + SGD 35/set (Documentation)+ GST, includes door to door service

I estimated the volume of my purchases (close to 1 m3) so no surprises for me! So, it will be good to know how much volume you are buying to avoid surprise. 1st payment is (Item price as per TB + shipping in PRC (if any) + RMB 50/link). 2nd/final payment is upon delivery (freight charges as above)

It will be better to write to them for further information =) amconexpress at hotmail dot com

Day 20

The day started off with a rude shock from the painter (not ID's) when I found out he FORGOT to arrange his workers to paint our house. :curse: I am so tired of handling him so let DH talked to him - told him that we pushed our ID (poor chap) to finish all electrical stuff on Sat so painting could take place. The painter took another few hours to confirm that they would come by later and complete by evening. I had to control my anger when I saw him :angry: .. they were supposed to start work @ 9am but since the painter FORGOT (he did not even buy the paint!!!)... they came down at 6pm!

Ok, sorry for ranting... anyway, they finished everything by 10pm and the house finally looking like a HOME now. Coming week will mark the end of our fast & furious renovation journey!

Anyway, accessories for common bath are up on Sat! Simple stuff from Hoe Kee...

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Corner glass shelve for Master bathroom

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Many PM-ed me about the laminate of my kitchen so here is a close up...

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Angel Pink for my baby's room (we are using warm light so colour a bit off)

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Sail White for the rest of the house... and here is a preview of the living track-lights. Not enough wall switches so the lights not working yet.

IMG-20140309-WA0005.jpg

Ahhh, I love the effect!!

IMG-20140309-WA0012.jpg

Last week:
1. Ceiling Fans Installation - 4/3 -- DONE!
2. Carpentry for kitchen and bathroom - 7/3 -- DONE!
3. Reconfiguration of Track-lights - 7/3 -- DONE!
4. Painting (Nippon Sail White for whole house and Angel Pink for baby's room) - 9/3 -- DONE!
5. Shower screen and bathroom full length mirror installation - TBA

Coming week (4th):

1. Laminate flooring - 12/3

2. Delivery of furniture from Star Living - 15/3

3. Delivery of appliances - my tiny refrigerator, TV, oven - 15/3

4. Delivery of Washer/Dryer - 17/3

5. Shower screen and bathroom full length mirror installation - 10/3

6. Installation of solid surface top for kitchen and bathroom - TBA

7. Switches for the living room lights - 10/3

Will try to update with photos :notti::notti::notti::notti:

Just do a check on the painting job (During daytime) esp corner since its quite a rush job for them

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

• Like 1

FINALLY a moment which many are looking forward to - Photos of carpentry progress!

Imagine the excitement when ID sent me the photos in the morning and evening, I had to "contain" myself in office!

From ID - DAY 18

VIOLA! Full view of the cooking side (Off white solid surface solid will be installed next week) --> Almost 90% similar to 3D

IMG-20140307-WA0015.jpg

All doors and drawers have soft-closing feature (wish to have BLUM but this is a low budget reno.. so outz!)

A door is missing but will be installed on Sat. LOVE how my Taiyo induction hub "lay" down there. Hahahaha :notti:

IMG-20140307-WA0012.jpg

Sink area (Roz sink from Hoe Kee)

IMG-20140307-WA0014.jpg

Last but not least --- Tall unit + Counter table @ half wall

IMG-20140307-WA0013.jpg

Oh, they installed my master bedroom vanity cabinet too but I informed ID that it's a tad too low via WA and he called me instantly to clarify @ 9pm after my msg. :good: service!! Some mistakes are inevitable, but what I find most important throughout my renovation experience is ~ my ID always listens and resolve asap with no prejudice.

IMG-20140307-WA0016.jpg

this one how ah? too low den what your ID do?

Just do a check on the painting job (During daytime) esp corner since its quite a rush job for them

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

Yup yup! We are planning to go later to check again. I scrutinised whenever I could last night as they brought flood lights, quite well done. Hope I will not find any surprises later........

Went Ikea and bought some stuff, so sad that the Brusali bed frame is OOS :~:bangwall:

Got this shoe bench to put outside the main gate so my baby can sit there while she wears her tiny shoes :wub:

ikea-ps-bench-with-shoe-storage-blue__01

Bedside tables.... for the white bed frame

selje-bedside-table__0214669_PE370739_S4

Solid wood step stool

201311_Step_stools_step_ladders.jpg

Was looking for this awesome Trendig stool (for master bath) but it is OOS islandwide.... urgh... :bow: let it be in stock soon.

trendig--stool__0216738_PE372443_S4.JPG

Pending to buy (Shortlisted) - besides the bed frame...

STUDY ROOM

Desk - Solid Beech table topgerton-oddvald-table__0101976_PE246194_S

$99 chair from Stair Living to match CR4001BK_newsletter_image.jpg

Some EXPEDIT shelves... haven't decide on the configuration as I am thinking of squeezing in a daybed or sofa bed in the study.

expedit-bookcase__0092707_PE229406_S4.JP

expedit-shelving-unit__0092710_PE229408_

Any suggestions for a table lamp??? So tempted to see TB again............ :notti: but my Peeka order is already in transit to SG! Wee.

Edited by SuperMama

Your franc franc stuff coming liao right. They closing down liao :(

I got noob qn.. Lights the bulbs buy from where ah.. All the taobao one no bulb one... Issit all the size of bulbs can fit?

Your franc franc stuff coming liao right. They closing down liao :(

I got noob qn.. Lights the bulbs buy from where ah.. All the taobao one no bulb one... Issit all the size of bulbs can fit?

Hi!

I cannot afford franc franc stuff in my budget home. Haha. Any closing down sale? I'll check later! Heeheeee....

Hmmm, the lights I bought from TB are LED so lamps are not required.

Things to take note is use which base like E14 or E27 or circular and suggested max wattage etc 60W or 10w.

Just buy the lamps from lighting shops or even NTUC.