Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SuperMama

Going "scandi" On Budget

Hi Tirimisu,

Thank you but I bought all my furniture (except Ikea) already. I paid $599 for a 3-seater, not that bad la. Hehe.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, Renzz is one of the id i short listed. Sounds like your experience with them so far so good?

Can you share your quote? Thanks!

Btw if there's any defects for the items bought fm taobao will amcon help?

Chris

Hi supermama, i believed u bought the same tv console as me. Not to worry, mine is still going strong after more than a year of usage.

Hi Nexer, GREAT TO KNOW!!!! Love the way you do up the place :good::good: You got the matching bedside tables too! I wasn't so daring as it was my first purchase. Now that you have given me assurance, aiyah, I should have gotten a set too!

for your aircon installation.. did u ask the guy to make 2 trips down... meaning 1st trip to do the trunking and stuff , 2nd trip to set up the aircon... or u do everything in just 1 trip ?

Mmm, they made 2 trips, one is site survey and next is trucking and installation of the aircon all within a day - 10am to 3pm.

Hi, Renzz is one of the id i short listed. Sounds like your experience with them so far so good?

Can you share your quote? Thanks!

Btw if there's any defects for the items bought fm taobao will amcon help?

Chris

I will PM you my quote! Amcon does not open to check the items as they are just a forwarder and not an agent like Peeka or daigou65. Of course if they received anything damaged on arrival (DOA), they will inform and should contact seller. Sorry, I am not too sure about this. Oops, haven't read up because my purchases all are good (except tv console which is unopened....)

Perhaps you can check with them how they can help if there are defects.

This week:
1. Ceiling Fans Installation - 4/3 -- DONE!
2. Carpentry for kitchen and bathroom - 7/3
3. Reconfiguration of Track-lights - 7/3
4. Painting (Nippon Sail White for whole house and Angel Pink for baby's room) - 9/3
5. Shower screen and bathroom full length mirror installation - TBA

Next week:

1. Laminate flooring - 12/3

2. Delivery of furniture from Star Living - 15/3

3. Delivery of appliances - my tiny refrigerator, TV, oven - 15/3

4. Delivery of Washer/Dryer - 17/3

So, I ordered KDK fans... love the combination with the track lights (although an Aeratron fan would have aced better :notti: )

Master bedroom Baby fan - doesn't wobble much

IMG-20140304-WA0010.jpg

Living Room fan (track lights to be extended to cover the length of the room)

IMG-20140304-WA0007.jpg

Laminate Flooring

Bedrooms (Kronoswiss D2332WG - Siberian Ash)

sr_2332_kv_1.jpg

Can't wait for these to start next week

So disappointed today! ID called and informed that no more stock for my bedrooms flooring :~:jail:

So their boss came to my office with a stack of samples for my selection... nothing came close to that colour but I eventually chose this. Console me again pls !!! Still scandi-style? :(

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Looking forward to Friday evening - my house should be fully lit-up by then & my kitchen cabinets will be installed. HEHEHE. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by SuperMama

nice to see things coming up bit by bit eh .. hahah ..havent able to feel what you fell now cos my reno havent started yet..... may i know what brand is yr ceiling fan ? how much is it and is it good? i am still considering between a ceiling fan and a normal fan.....

• Like 1

nice to see things coming up bit by bit eh .. hahah ..havent able to feel what you fell now cos my reno havent started yet..... may i know what brand is yr ceiling fan ? how much is it and is it good? i am still considering between a ceiling fan and a normal fan.....

Hi, the feeling is amazing, they are working relatively fast despite the delay caused by HDB. Can't wait to see yours!

I bought KDK, $350 for the one in living room and $280 for the baby fan. They wobble when windows are opened so I dun recommend.... but again I bought KDK because the KDK wall fans my parents bought 20yrs ago are still working now!

According to KDK installers, their fans wobble :( Performance wise is good, very powerful.

Hi Tirimisu,

Thank you but I bought all my furniture (except Ikea) already. I paid $599 for a 3-seater, not that bad la. Hehe.

Just saw the sofas from Notion Design, $690 only!!! Too late already... arghhh. For others, Tirimisu has recommended another great place for such sofas... I love the L shape one at $990.. cheap!

This week:

1. Ceiling Fans Installation - 4/3 -- DONE!

2. Carpentry for kitchen and bathroom - 7/3

3. Reconfiguration of Track-lights - 7/3

4. Painting (Nippon Sail White for whole house and Angel Pink for baby's room) - 9/3

5. Shower screen and bathroom full length mirror installation - TBA

Next week:

1. Laminate flooring - 12/3

2. Delivery of furniture from Star Living - 15/3

3. Delivery of appliances - my tiny refrigerator, TV, oven - 15/3

4. Delivery of Washer/Dryer - 17/3

So, I ordered KDK fans... love the combination with the track lights (although an Aeratron fan would have aced better :notti: )

Master bedroom Baby fan - doesn't wobble much

IMG-20140304-WA0010.jpg

Living Room fan (track lights to be extended to cover the length of the room)

IMG-20140304-WA0007.jpg

is that a dropped ceiling you have? don't look like one lei lol

So disappointed today! ID called and informed that no more stock for my bedrooms flooring :~:jail:

So their boss came to my office with a stack of samples for my selection... nothing came close to that colour but I eventually chose this. Console me again pls !!! Still scandi-style? :(

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Looking forward to Friday evening - my house should be fully lit-up by then & my kitchen cabinets will be installed. HEHEHE. :sport-smiley-004:

yea still lol. don't worry

• Like 1

is that a dropped ceiling you have? don't look like one lei lol

True blue original ceiling lei. Haha.

Hi, Supermama I like the way you detail your renov into step by step everything looking good may I know that at your living room is that KDK r56vk model can kindly give me feed back when you turn on to speed on 2 or 3 it there any noise especially at night looking forward for you kitchen cabinet picture thank.

• Like 1

Update from ID!

Bathroom mirror, accessories and vanity cabinet will be installed tomorrow!

Edited by SuperMama

Hi, Supermama I like the way you detail your renov into step by step everything looking good may I know that at your living room is that KDK r56vk model can kindly give me feed back when you turn on to speed on 2 or 3 it there any noise especially at night looking forward for you kitchen cabinet picture thank.

Hi, it is KDK R56SV. I'll check tomorrow evening. Does yours wobble too?